Graphs of Headmin Connection Time Over Term For Elections 5-11

General SS13 Chat
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Graphs of Headmin Connection Time Over Term For Elections 5-11

Post by bobbahbrown » #567909

I thought these might be interesting graphs so I've tossed together a dataset of the connection times by each headmin during the 30 days leading up to their headmin term, and the length of said term.

These are large images, so they are best viewed directly on imgur by following the link to them. You can view the album of all the images here, if you prefer that way.

Overall image, includes every headmin by election term: https://imgur.com/g2L3W1c.png
Overall image, grouped average of each headmin term: https://imgur.com/IND7Ew3.png

Headmin Term 5 (Ausops, Joan, PkP): https://imgur.com/gOYT42W.png
Headmin Term 6 (Arm, Ausops, Kor): https://imgur.com/8BsGwb8.png
Headmin Term 7 (Arm/Owegno, Citrus, Rustled): https://imgur.com/q72WUa5.png
Headmin Term 8 (Ari, Nervere, ToB): https://imgur.com/6x1jS1a.png
Headmin Term 9 (Hulk, Nervere, Wubli): https://imgur.com/NpwHJmz.png
Headmin Term 10 (Karp, Hulk, Morto/Plap): https://imgur.com/YbtiCWB.png
Headmin Term 11 (Coconut, Phuzzy, Twat): https://imgur.com/LJvKBHU.png

Notably this term has been very active, with the averages boosted by Twat overall. They're burning down now, but the numbers are very similar to what was seen in Arm's first term.

Also note that the headmins from election 5 have data starting mid-way through their term, because that is when the data available in Scrubby's databases starts.

As always, the raw data is available on my gist, which can be found here.
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: Graphs of Headmin Connection Time Over Term For Elections 5-11

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #567910

Was that 24 hours of connection in one day on twat?

Jesus dude...
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #567911

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Was that 24 hours of connection in one day on twat?

Jesus dude...
i should mention that similar to ned's stats about playtime these graphs do not account for a person connecting to multiple servers at once

ie connecting to two servers at once for an hour = 2 hours

if you're multi-server jannying at once then the hours could certainly boost up a fair bit

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #567912

very useful thanks bee
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #567913

i also updated all the graphs and the raw data set as i almost forgot owegno, thank you citrus for reminding me!!

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #567915

bobbahbrown wrote:Also note that the headmins from election 5 have data starting mid-way through their term, because that is when the data available in Scrubby's databases starts.
tfw burned out right as we got precise by-the-hour playtime tracking so all i have is a ballpark estimate of 2k hours instead of an actual solid 2k hours
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #567953

Depressing.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #567961

Overall, playtime is in a bearish decline, but hits solid resistance at the zero hour mark. Also note the head and shoulders reversal, breaking through the former resistance. But as you can clearly see, the current trend is forming a descending triangle, indicating exhaustion, and leaves a strong break-out move at day 170 on the table.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567962

Welcome back to another episode of: BONERMASTER the armchair psychologist
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #567964

I had hopes that this headmin team would break the mold of "FNR slave headmin" "ghost headmin" and "headmin who everyone likes" while they all stop playing the game entirely forever more, but it appears that's exactly where the trend is going. The modern headmin system isn't looking sustainable for the long term, it burns out 3 admins permanently every election. Either more ambitious candidates need to keep materializing out of nowhere to fuel the fire or it's gonna burn out and elections are gonna have to be held further and further apart until we just go back to the old system where headmins are permanent-until-retired positions.
In addition to headmin candidates being a non-renewable resource, game masters are essentially greenhouse gas emissions.... and this is where the analogy falls apart. They don't damage the server by existing but they sure do stagnate as the "immune to inactivity purge" role that has the additional benefit of always & permanently gaining 2 or 3 more members every election.
If I were to guess, I would think Twaticus is going to repeat history. They'll maintain solid playtime for the rest of this election, go for a 2nd term, and burn out like all the repeat runners before them. Not intended to be a dig at Twat, just an observation.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #567965

We keep the headmins around as gamemasters like you would keep heads on a pike outside a castle.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #567966

or maybe people should be less of a cunt to the headadmins.

where's my graph.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #567967

Kel wrote: If I were to guess, I would think Twaticus is going to repeat history. They'll maintain solid playtime for the rest of this election, go for a 2nd term, and burn out like all the repeat runners before them. Not intended to be a dig at Twat, just an observation.
>not intended to be a dig
>keeps calling the guy a twat

cringe!
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567968

also mr. BONER do you always name your patterns after shampoo companies
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #567970

oranges wrote:or maybe people should be less of a cunt to the headadmins.

where's my graph.
I considered this, but it doesn't quite explain why the obligatory no-show headmin manages to burn out permanently as well.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #567971

they were never that involved in the first place
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #567985

Timonk wrote:Welcome back to another episode of: BONERMASTER the armchair psychologist
he's making stonk market memes u dip

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567986

h
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #568025

Timonk wrote:also mr. BONER do you always name your patterns after shampoo companies
I do!
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #568026

You can see the burn out in real time!
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #568044

the secret is that the system works best with two headmins so we deliberately elect an afk headmin to give the illusion of democracy
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #568045

I miss Rustled ;_;
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #568046

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #568048

i got into playing with themes for oranges graph above

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #568056

Kel wrote:
oranges wrote:or maybe people should be less of a cunt to the headadmins.

where's my graph.
I considered this, but it doesn't quite explain why the obligatory no-show headmin manages to burn out permanently as well.
the headmin/host pick in my experience has been somewhat of a meme, particularly because they dont have to be running so they're generally guaranteed to be less motivated in the first place
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #568057

Stickymayhem wrote:the secret is that the system works best with two headmins so we deliberately elect an afk headmin to give the illusion of democracy
the secret is that we're all a sock puppet for the ascii overlord
Spoiler: