Remove family members's full antag status

FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Remove family members's full antag status

Post by FloranOtten » #567767

A voluntary conversion mode to full antag is, shockingly, a terrible idea. It just means that every round devolves into bombing and plasmaflooding because hey, free antag! This means that instead of fighting among each other while trying to keep the stars down and then defeat the cops, you end up with a situation where the cops just arrive in a warzone and walk about trying to kill the last members so the shuttle can leave.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: Remove family members's full antag status

Post by Thunder11 » #567774

Since this change was made I've seen a distinct change in behaviour during families rounds, with security moving more and more towards extreme crackdowns, permabrigging every family member and hunting down undercover cops to steal their gang huds. Previously family members' semi antag status meant admins could protect them from these kinds of measures, but making them full antags allows security to freely treat them as valid, and as long as gangsters are allowed to go off and murderbone there's no way to justify telling security not to act like it's a rev round without flashes.

This isn't fun for security, because it's just rev with a fresh coat of paint and every single antag is a revhead, and it isn't fun for family members because if you even try to play the mode like you're a gangster and not a revolutionary you'll just be arrested and permabrigged because sec can't know your intentions.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #567778

To clarify, goof's intention was, and i quote from the original PR description:
Iamgoofball wrote:Gangster VS Gangster: Valid. All times. Even if it's same-team. These crime families aren't exactly known for their stability or rigid code of honor.
Gangster VS Civvie: Don't start shit for no good reason. Standard escalation rules apply.
Civvie VS Gangster: Same as above.
Security: Security IS civvies for all intents and purposes. Unless they join up with a gang.
However this was changed due to headmins not wanting to enforce "specialty valid rules"

Screenshots on discord:
Spoiler:
e: lol I accidentally edited this post instead of replying to it. My bad. -phuzz
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #567789

Gangs are still team antagonists, I’m not sure what point of reference people are using to justify mass sabotage and murderboning.

If the idea that murderboning is ok because you can’t discern who is and who isn’t your team instead of you cannot murderbone for this reason then we should stop running it on LRP as they are beyond help.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #567899

reminder that you can stop all antags by being good at the game
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #567934

remove families
You can't be half a gangster
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #567988

Remove families members's full antag status
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #567993

And thus the cycle continues.

I look forward to sniper rifle jousting enemy gangsters. It's comin'. Just you wait.

(we should never have let gangs have antag status and just let them identify enemy gangs and each other)
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #568010

what are people pointing to that thinks they get full murderbone abilities as a team antagonist
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #568014

Another issue is the unga factor. This mode is just TDM. People wear their team's suit, and security just runs around killing or arresting family members. For good reason, mind you. They would probably end up killing the sec, too. This means that this mode is just revs++.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #568038

revs but +++ sounds like a good gamemode thats the philosophy with cult
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #568077

wait it was full antag all along?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #568104

I don't even think anyone has a clue at this point. I feel like we need a headmin to come in pretty soon to clarify this since there is an obviously catastrophic amount of misinformation about this.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #568111

Literally on join it says explicitly you’re a team antag.
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #568466

before it was known that family members were real antags, a huge portion of the server suicided whenever the gamemode rolled around.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #568517

remanseptim wrote:before it was known that family members were real antags, a huge portion of the server suicided whenever the gamemode rolled around.
sounds like a dynamic and exciting gamemode
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #568657

Was it really so hard to just say 'fight the other gangs, not normal crew unless they take the fight too you'? Voluntary full antag is not only ridiculous, but seems entirely contrary to previous policy. Cobby can keep saying they can't bone but what actually stops a solo gangster from going to town, or just two of them to limit friendly casualties? To stop them at this point is to actually break precedent.

If your gang is onboard with it, presumably they can do whatever they want, since they have all the permissions of a normal antag. The only thing we have done is tell people to not be actively harmful towards your teams efforts. If that is 'kill anyone who isn't us', as far as I can tell they can do that.

More importantly so can the fucking cops, since I asked goof and he said they were full antags as well. They have high powered weapons for fucks sake, and their only objective is to kill gangsters, who they can't identify anymore, so it might as well be a deathsquad. We do have antagonistic roles that exist in grey areas, and if the only reason it isn't like this is because it's too confusing for the NPCs that gravitate from the hub, that's tough shit for them?

I'm all for a game mode which lets your choose whether you wish to participate or not in the violence and dumb shit, since forced antag is a pretty bad feel moment in the middle of a project. I am not onboard with unironic free antag with an automated deathsquad to end the round forcefully. If our policy for LRP isn't adequate for a higher standard, why the fuck did we ever enable the game mode there in the first place?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #568799

to clarify, I dont care if you bone so long as you can come to the conclusion that each individual either posed an immediate, legitimate threat to you (self defense) or they were not on your gang.

If you just casually bone and "uh oh i ended up owning my gang" im going to ban you for it. Same as rev with the understanding that not being able to see if they are on your gang is not good enough to excuse instakilling people over.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #568871

trollbreeder wrote:To clarify, goof's intention was, and i quote from the original PR description:
Iamgoofball wrote:Gangster VS Gangster: Valid. All times. Even if it's same-team. These crime families aren't exactly known for their stability or rigid code of honor.
Gangster VS Civvie: Don't start shit for no good reason. Standard escalation rules apply.
Civvie VS Gangster: Same as above.
Security: Security IS civvies for all intents and purposes. Unless they join up with a gang.
However this was changed due to headmins not wanting to enforce "specialty valid rules"

Screenshots on discord:
Spoiler:
We never said anything about "specialty valid rules." The last time someone asked for clarification regarding the antag status of undercover cops, we literally pasted goof's response into the thread.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 00#p566198
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #568928

capn_monkeypaw wrote: We never said anything about "specialty valid rules." The last time someone asked for clarification regarding the antag status of undercover cops, we literally pasted goof's response into the thread.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 00#p566198
That's odd and contradictory to what i found, but i guess goof changed it (probably due to unga factor from players.)
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #568946

neither should be considered official if they arent relayed to https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings or the policy json
Last edited by Cobby on Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyClown12
Byond Username: CrazyClown12

Post by CrazyClown12 » #569202

Can we clarify whether family members are allowed to kill people in their own families if they aren't wearing uniforms?

Wearing a uniform is normally pretty stupid is it identifies to the entire crew that you are an antag and that they are allowed to kill you. For this reason a lot of family members don't identify themselves at such. It's pretty clear that killing your teammates breaks the 'don't harm your team' rule, but is this enforced in families when plain clothes family members die? I've yet to hear any ban and from chatting to some admins they interpret the rule as you not killing anyone who is obviously in your family (clothes, tagging walls etc). In my opinion if you aren't sure whether someone is in your gang or not, you shouldn't kill them. If you do kill someone who turns out to be in your family you should be open to punishment (provided you didn't have reason to believe they weren't in your family, such as wearing another family's outfit.

With all that said, I find the most enjoyable way to play families is not to join one and to pick up a recruitment book. This way you can still kill the police officers who are obvious antags yet are less likely to slaughter random crew members that aren't in families (until more of them realise that they have full antag status anyway, I witnessed a police officer murderboning for the first time today). You also have a light antagHUD by throwing the recruitment book at people. If they read it, you witness them become valid and can kill them. If they tell you they are already in a family, they become valid and you can kill them. I find it a lot more fun than being in a family, where you have to toe the line between being obvious to other family members but not to security or validhunters and then being instantly recognisable by the police.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #569303

pugie wrote:revs but +++ sounds like a good gamemode thats the philosophy with cult
t. edgar "i dont like cult time to succumb and dnr" pope
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #569304

Cobby wrote:Gangs are still team antagonists, I’m not sure what point of reference people are using to justify mass sabotage and murderboning.
direct quote from rule page: Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team.
If your team is too full and you cant get more members you can just go apeshit on the crew.
as long as you end up getting that EPIC GREENTEXT THAT IS VERY COOL WE LIKE GETTING GREENTEXT YES YES you can do whatever the fuck you want
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #569448

See my second to last post