[OFFICIAL] sticky complaint peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] sticky complaint peanut

Post by bobbahbrown » #569020

Bottom post of the previous page:

how to succeed in a complaint as the administrator:
  • lie to the player in the adminhelp
  • post pictures of the adminhelp in which you lied, and add emphasis on insulting the player for questioning you
  • continue to insult the player
what could go wrong

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [OFFICIAL] sticky complaint peanut

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569178

Do note, the event I mentioned was not something Sticky did necessarily. It's been a good while since that happened but I remember it being something that was supposed to be a lot more involved. It might very well have been Sticky, since it was in a big period of his events. I know it involved a space base but that was populated by non-station crew.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569180

Sheodir wrote:I always wondered if there was a full version of anne's pfp
There is.
Spoiler:
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #569183

nice
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569184

NecromancerAnne wrote:
There is.
Spoiler:
Thank
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569187

All the syndies died in like 4 minutes to someone getting outed right as the event started as security pounced on them with clean precision because one guy I think went ham immediately and his headset claimed.
They were implants so no, security did not do a surgery to extract the implant and then do another surgery to implant it in a cop four minutes after the event started. i don't know where you think you heard this
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569189

Cobby wrote:Thank you for at least building an argument I did not make, rather than arguing you just didnt self insert.

Because you didnt spawn a saw or wizard powers we can overlook the actual issue with the event.

At least r* IC powers/items are more counterable than remote proccalls but if your best position (or at least the one you decided to take) is going to be a straightforward "well i could have done shittier" for a minor point then I hope you really reconsider your approach to running these events.
jesus christ you're five years late on this debate self-inserting is fucking necessary no player wants to be a man in a box for an hour

my npcs have a lifespan of like five minutes, they appear, say some shit to make it make sense IC and then fuck off while I run the rest of the event

honestly this is the dumbest take i've seen this year well done
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569190

The event I recalled and this event are separate events, Sticky.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569191

NecromancerAnne wrote:The event I recalled and this event are separate events, Sticky.
in that case i have a bad brain please take it from me and wash it thank you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569193

Also syndicate radio implants are genuinely fucking awful because they actually just broadcast the syndicate channel like a shortwave does, so everyone in a room can hear it.

Which is the least subtle thing imaginable. It also does this even while not implanted because they are that badly designed.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569195

Oh I think I know the event you're talking about

so my opinion is that there are story events, mini spice events and gamemode events

a story event is like thing happens and people can opt in or not and that's it really. stuff like space vigilante crash lands, or the brainmech people come to do some diplomacy or whatever
then there's mini spice, which is just to shake up the monotony of rounds. maybe traders, maybe a special pet, whatever. stuff that doesnt generally affect the round.

then there's gamemode events. they're like a new gamemode, ill generally try to have general escalation across a round, some new thing to play with or new way to do shit etc and consequences for the station if it's left unchecked.

the event you're describing was a gamemode event. several syndies spawn on a satellite near the station in syndie base and have to jump on board and sneak around stealing and sabotaging and kidnapping people for points to buy important shit. here's the thing, like any gamemode, total failure is a valid option. if one guy got captured then yeah they got fucked in the same way a cult gets fucked when a cultist goes loud and fucks shit up. The consequences are harsh, not necessarily fair and basically its just regular ss13 with a twist. There's no protection for stupidity. I've run it multiple times and sometimes they've been fucked, sometimes they've dominated and some were some of the best rounds I've ever seen.

"All traitors can communicate with each other and can compete/work together to achieve additional goals" is also a gamemode event. So if it resulted in everyone getting outed or doing dumb shit and dying I'm as fine with that as I am with nuke ops getting dunked by a clown in five minutes. I don't think just because something is coded means it's fairer, it's just not curated. This would matter if we had a competitive game capturing continuing scores or whatever but ss13 is a story generator so i dont believe that. if it somehow became important to win then id get this feeling. but the absolute desire to win is an attitude detrimental to the community

big rant im gonna go sleep its been a long day
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569196

Stickymayhem wrote:snip
go to sleep borthday boy
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #569201

Sheodir wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:
There is.
Spoiler:
Thank
Sorry to say this, but that's just a cheap knock off. I got you the original right here. No need to thank me, you are welcome.
NSFW:
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: global rule 4
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #569206

BONERMASTER wrote:
Sheodir wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:
There is.
Spoiler:
Thank
Sorry to say this, but that's just a cheap knock off. I got you the original right here. No need to thank me, you are welcome.
NSFW:
no that's a remake this is the original & best version
NSFW:
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: global rule 4
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #569208

Preggo hollow
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #569210

Timonk wrote:Preggo hollow
not preggo jsut fat im bad at drawing
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #569215

Someone post preggermint
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #569247

Stickymayhem wrote:
jesus christ you're five years late on this debate self-inserting is fucking necessary no player wants to be a man in a box for an hour

my npcs have a lifespan of like five minutes, they appear, say some shit to make it make sense IC and then fuck off while I run the rest of the event

honestly this is the dumbest take i've seen this year well done
I've had to self-insert for my events as well, im not sure how you managed to pull 2-4 words out of my entire complaint and spin it to suggest that was my whole issue but it's fairly impressive. Im not arguing against self-inserting, but that is objectively what you did as part of the premise of your event.

This NPC in particular though had a macro-bomb with the premise that antags were suppose to meet with it at the unique, on-station structure (crew goes hubba hubba!!11!) but supposedly couldnt fight whatsoever or it went off and they got magically proc-call deleted from the ether if that macrobomb failed.

In regards to the comment "no one wants to man in a box for an hour", I know that isnt true because I have people everytime ive ran the shop gimmick want to be a bodyguard who literally just chills in "the box" for the entirety of the round. Again, I could really care less if you should or shouldnt have inserted yourself, I care much more about the shitty premise of the entire event as I described above in my initial post prior to the strawman.
Last edited by Cobby on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #569253

I'm with Cobby. If you do the shop right it's not too hard to find someone willing to protect it.

It's a license to get free valids.

That I dealt with so many players trying to steal stuff from medship fargo that I eventually looked into giving it explosive walls. I settled on turrets instead in the storage areas. If you wanted to weld in from space, dodge the two turrets, all so you could get the laser arm implant or xeno organs FINE WHATEVER GET SOMEONE TO IMPLANT IT YOU MADE A STORY. Players responded well to bounties too for would be theives.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569266

I hate everything I have witnessed
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #569293

NecromancerAnne wrote:I hate everything I have witnessed
do you need a hug?

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569295

Yus QwQ
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #569299

NecromancerAnne wrote:I hate everything I have witnessed
You are welcome!! ;)
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #569308

i have no fucking idea whats this about but sticky is bad because hes a vegan
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #569322

where is the antag coin sticky?
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569325

damn that is a nice piece of pineapple
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #569337

Whats the deal with morons coming out of the woodwork to whine about using yourself to run the npc in a box role for an event instead of slamming him for being a loser in the ahelps which is both the actual issue and the substance of the complaint
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569338

There is a lot to unpack. You are right though.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #569343

the real issue is why is it even necessary for admins to spawn a guy in just to talk on the radio

fucking swipe the admin button from polaris or bay or whatever the fuck it is that lets you just talk on any radio channel as an aghost
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #569345

The only person who used the word self-insert is me and it’s not even my gripe with the situation, it was just the term I used to describe his action in the context I said above. Nabski is (I think) only agreeing with me in regards to people not wanting to do boring event roles, but again the self insert is hardly an issue but it is part of what he did (good or bad).

The entire premise of the event was shit whether or not he was the guy with the macro or he gave the role up. Doubly so when you consider the macro bomb was really just flavor as people would have been removed through proccalls.

The admin stuff is obviously cringe no point in arguing about that :)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #569347

I was agreeing that it's not hard to find a player willing to do the role. You tend to have to coach them in deadchat before hand.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #572433

So its been sitting there for over a month
Im starting to recognise a trend of headmins
Spoiler:
i mean you gotta let them age complaints are like wine amirite
both of them can ruin lives and desperate people love to use em
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #572566

maybe I should make a post just to see how fast the headmins can work when they're motivated
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #572641

deedubya wrote:maybe I should make a post just to see how fast the headmins can work when they're motivated
didn't they ban you from everything except the forum they deleted?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #572659

How's he posting :o
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #572661

He's obtained power we cannot possibly fathom.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #572827

OH GOD OH FUCK HES BACK WITH VENGEANCE
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572832

Nabski wrote:explosive walls
Exploding knees [Anti-theft]
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572842

Flatulent wrote:OH GOD OH FUCK HES BACK WITH VENGEANCE
more like VEGANANCE
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #573307

In response to phuzzy's post, I would like to state that when I decided to announce that I have a radio implant my intention was to get it surgically removed and solidify my position as a law abiding crewmember
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #573851

Stickymayhem wrote:~snip~ explanation of the ham-fist event round ~snip~
Last time admins ran this event, I was on the syndicate team and the admin-made good to capische self delete and re-insert revive themselves timely so they wouldnt interfere with our orbital asteroid syndicate base's steal or travel across the map in a way they could be seen, also with saying only the minimum amount of breifing required in bathrooms & maint and it was fine.

Moral of the story is, if admins ever step down onto the mortal plane, expend 5% of your maximum power to utterly robust them for their hubris to walk amongst mortals.

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #574017

/me toggles godmode flag to true