[DR. Aura] O_Mischief - biased and lousy ruling

bluejack1
Byond Username: O_mischief

[DR. Aura] O_Mischief - biased and lousy ruling

Post by bluejack1 » #567172

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry, and the /tg/ discord afterwards
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: O_Mischief/ Percy Mischief and mischief?#5404 on discord
Admin: DR. Aura
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 140419 on Terry
Detailed summary: I arrived in 20 minutes late into the shift as a scientist, and quickly headed to xenobiology. There I found one scientist who was already there, Kaylee Muggins (CKEY: Honeythief). After asking if we could work together and being met with a positive answer I went ahead and took 10 blue slime cores from the fridge, and used them to make a stabilized extract.
at this point my coworker became agitated and started insulting me, calling me a leech for using up the blue cores. It was at this point that I realized Kaylee hadn't set up a BZ chamber or made any effort to keep the slimes she wasn't using, and also hadn't upgraded the slime extractor. So I explained to her that she should've kept at least one, and it wasn't a big deal as I was gonna make more. So I set up the bz chamber and started working my way towards making a reproductive blue crossbreed. Since blue slimes are very low tier it wasnt a big deal, but apparently to Kaylee it was, because she kept insulting me and when she told me to fuck off, I unbuckled her from the wheelchair she was on (note, and this is important for how Aura decided to act, that she wasn't unable to walk, which I knew, so taking away the chair didnt mean taking away her mobility).
After dragging the chair away a few tiles, Kaylee activated a luminiscent gold core effect, the major one, spawning an hostile mob, in this case an earth wizard, to attack me, while also coming after me herself. I was killed and my body was disposed of. if you look at the logs you can see I didnt fight back or physically provoke this in any way, it's just the wizard and kaylee hitting me until I die.

At this point I decided to ahelp it and ask for a supportmin on discord, and waited patiently while making sure she wasn't an antag. Aura jumped in after a while, I explained what had happened. He said he'd look into it, after a while they replied that "I shouldn't have insulted her" or something along those lines. I explained that Kaylee had insulted me first and asked how it justified murdering and disposing of my body. After another while Aura told me that "kicking her out of her wheelchair was quite damning", even though doing that didn't cause Kaylee to fall or have any reason to excalate. At that point Aura restarted the server and left without saying anything.
So I decided to ask on Discord if he did anything, didn't get a straight answer.
At this point I started talking about what happened, so Aura hopped in, called me "cringe" and acted dismissively, left for a while, came back, said it was "dealt with".
Based on what Aura had told me in admin-PMs previously and on how she acted defensively, I doubted that she had done anything at all. In fact, when confronted with it, Aura gave many different answers, saying first that it was "dealt with", then that it wasn't, then making fun of me and calling me a crybaby, then trying to shut me up by telling me to stop talking and make a complaint, which I am doing, then calling me a crybaby some more while still refusing to give a straight answer and refusing to confront what had actually happened during the round, or just saying I shouln't have took the chair away. He also said "do you have any proof that I didn't do anything?" while he kept arguing in favour of Kaylee, refusing to do anything about her self-antagging and overescalation.

In short, I got screwed over in a way that I thought should be very easy for an admin to deal with, called an admin, got ghosted mid ahelp, and then mocked when I asked what had happened.
Dr. Aura
Byond Username: Dr. Aura

Re: [DR. Aura] O_Mischief - biased and lousy ruling

Post by Dr. Aura » #567173

bluejack1 wrote:In short, I got screwed over in a way that I thought should be very easy for an admin to deal with

You were, you thought, it was. Just because it didn't result how you wanted doesn't make the decision any less binding.
Image Image
KNIGHT-COMMANDER OF THE ORDOM OF THE SHORT REPLY
bluejack1
Byond Username: O_mischief

Post by bluejack1 » #567174

Dr. Aura wrote:
bluejack1 wrote:In short, I got screwed over in a way that I thought should be very easy for an admin to deal with
You were, you thought, it was. Just because it didn't result how you wanted doesn't make the decision any less binding.
I don't actually know the result, since you wouldn't tell me. But the "result" very much seems like you having ignored it. You even said so on discord at some point.
If by "what I want" you mean Kaylee being punished for self-antagging, and you didn't do anything about it, that is already enough material for a complaint itself. Sure, you can say you personally don't think it should be punished, does that mean you don't have to follow the objective rules?

Aside from that the way you handled it on discord is also not honest or correct to me, but that's a whole other thing.
If you did actually do something, which I am doubtful of as passed off as wanting to cover your failure to take action, why not just say so? You just handled it in the way that caused the most commotion: from restarting the server without resolving the ticket and just leaving without saying a word, to continuously deflecting the subject on discord and mocking me, and everything in between.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #567181

Admins are not meant to handle administrative matters over discord. Either ongoing tickets to discussing bans or notes and such. You shouldn't ever bother trying to get answers over discord, always go to the forums if you need to dispute a matter.

Technically you're also not entitled to know exactly what was done to resolve the issue but given the attitude, I feel like this is more likely a case of Aura forgetting he can actually tell people the matter has been resolved and how exactly that occured, and that if he was going to note somebody there isn't much gained from making it sound like they did nothing, causing confusion and implying it was their fault in the first place while ruling in the other direction.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #567368

There hasn't been any power abuse, negligence, nor "rule breaking" from the admin here. You ahelped, the admin took your ahelp and told you they would look into it, and tried to piece the situation together. Since there seemed to be some friction between you and the other player, this already can't be considered a one-sided dispute, and it's not your call to question their judgement about someone else's actions.
You can't expect admins to do your bidding. As a player if you see rule-breaking in-game, you ahelp. If you have to ahelp again you do it (without being obnoxious and getting out of your way to find ahelpable situations). After ahelping, it's out of your control. It might suck, but you gotta let it rest on the hands of the admin/headmin team, it's their discretion and not yours.

Assuming an admin hasn't done anything to punish or scold a player you ahelped is also a you-problem.
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: scrubbed some peanut
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #568024

The purpose of this section is to report potential misconduct (in this case making sure the user was punished appropriately, assuming punishment was needed), it makes no sense to berate players for reporting conduct they are unsure if it's appropriate or not.

If you read the first sentence (behind your underlined one) you would see this is the correct outlet to dispute the ruling. I would have just let it go after reporting it for peanut but it hasn't been deleted for several days since it's creation. Please be considerate in the language you use so that people arent dissuaded from reporting ACTUAL abuse.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #569432

We find nothing wrong with Dr. Aura’s conduct. He responded to a supportmin ping and handled the ticket. You are not entitled to know the outcome of a ticket, and it is completely up to admin discretion whether they will let you know the outcome. You then went on to discord to vent about it, and he called you cringe for doing so. Then a small argument happened, Dr. Aura did not violate any kind of admin conduct in this discord exchange either. This complaint is not upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.