Shotgun speedloaders

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Shotgun speedloaders

Post by Aeri » #569934

Using shotguns is a fucking pain in the ass because you have to take out your box of lethals manually click six shells out of the box, into your hand, and into the shotgun.

My suggestion is speedloaders, they're a real thing what that exists and such.

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... 03863.jpeg
https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... PAS-12.png

And they make it way less awful to load a shotgun. I'm not a smart girl but I feel like these wouldn't be the most difficult thing to program.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Shotgun speedloaders

Post by Cobby » #569937

the clunkiness is part of their balance, it will need to be addressed in tandem with speed loaders
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PepperPrepper
Byond Username: Iwanttocookyouanicemeal
Github Username: PepperPrepper

Post by PepperPrepper » #569938

If you really don't want to deal with unloading shells from boxes, you could just go and steal the bartender's bandoleer.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #569939

Bulldogs are special because of their magazine, not just their size. Speedloaders are not that far off from the same functionality.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #570073

"Lets buff a thing thats already pretty cancerous." - how about we don't?

Syndicate technology should be one step ahead and if normal shotguns become Bulldogs, then they are essentially the same.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #570079

why should syndicate tech be one step ahead? they're a bunch of retards who don't know how to run a plasma research station and rely on sending people to steal cans of the purple fart gas
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #570087

Super Aggro Crag wrote:why should syndicate tech be one step ahead? they're a bunch of retards who don't know how to run a plasma research station and rely on sending people to steal cans of the purple fart gas
They compensate for being dumbasses by bringing in bigger guns.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #570091

they dont even have pulse rifles :roll:
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #570102

Super Aggro Crag wrote:they dont even have pulse rifles :roll:
who cares about 2 shotting pulse rifles when you have 1 shotting l6 saws :roll:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570124

Istoprocent1 wrote:"Lets buff a thing thats already pretty cancerous." - how about we don't?

Syndicate technology should be one step ahead and if normal shotguns become Bulldogs, then they are essentially the same.
Have to agree with istoprocent

you hate to see it
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #570168

reminder that bandoliers are craftable and you can press shift-e to get a shell out of it and just mash shift-e and mouse1 to reload pretty fast
you can also put the shotgun in one hand, look into your backpack, alt-click on the box to get a shell out of it and put it into the shotgun
reloading a shotgun is definitely slower than a magazine fed weapon, but not by much if you use the the systems that are in place to the fullest
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #570265

What if the speed loaders were bulky so you can't carry them around in your bag, that way it helps with the clunkiness of reloading shotguns, but it's still clunky to do in a fight
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #570278

terranaut wrote:reminder that bandoliers are craftable and you can press shift-e to get a shell out of it and just mash shift-e and mouse1 to reload pretty fast
you can also put the shotgun in one hand, look into your backpack, alt-click on the box to get a shell out of it and put it into the shotgun
reloading a shotgun is definitely slower than a magazine fed weapon, but not by much if you use the the systems that are in place to the fullest
Well shit, thanks for the tip friend.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #570292

terranaut wrote:reminder that bandoliers are craftable and you can press shift-e to get a shell out of it and just mash shift-e and mouse1 to reload pretty fast
fool, you've taught the masses the cancerous method of reloading
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #570376

oranges wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:"Lets buff a thing thats already pretty cancerous." - how about we don't?

Have to agree with istoprocent

you hate to see it
Using a clunky UI as a balance tool is bad design.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #570389

Naloac wrote:
fool, you've taught the masses the cancerous method of reloading
Works horridly if you suffer any amount of input lose however. I can't get it to work myself because sometimes I just lose clicks and bag my ammo or palm my gun.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #570400

MisterPerson wrote:Using a clunky UI as a balance tool is bad design.
I agree with this in principle, but there should still be a difference between rummaging through a box in your backpack and getting a shell from a bandolier. Right now we got instant hotkeys to fill that purpose. On the flip side, shells directly in backpack would work just as well as a bandolier.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570450

It's not a clunky ui, they were always like this, we didn't add an arbitrary restriction on purpose.
Papastink
Byond Username: Thebiggestidiot

Post by Papastink » #576729

I think it could work if you made it only obtainable through illegal tech or from a tech disk in deep space.