[FatalX1] NamelessFairy - Non-Antags destroying department is allowed if its the library

NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

[FatalX1] NamelessFairy - Non-Antags destroying department is allowed if its the library

Post by NamelessFairy » #570412

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry, Today (22/07/2020) at around 5pm-6pm UK time
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Byond: NamelessFairy , Character: Morgan Robinson
Admin: FatalX1
Round ID: 142538

Detailed summary:
Sorry for over-details on context I've provided a TLDR
For context (TLDR: I put a lot of work into the library this shift and the AI and a few crew members destroyed it to make a minecraft joke): So shift start a head basically said no smut in the library or it gets destroyed. This gave me the motivation to try and compile an actually useful book collection the people would like to read rather than playing curator as a "Joke Role" This somewhat fell through as throughout the round multiple people dismantled tables, chairs and bookshelf's. So I spent most of my round trying to reacquire wood and various other materials to replace what was broken, this took most of the shift but I managed to have time to rebuild everything and also read and curated all the pre-spawned books. After doing this I started looking for new books from the Statbus library, while doing this I announced over general radio that I had repaired the library. This was promptly met with the AI player sending their shell into to start dismantling the library and moments later announce to the crew that they were playing "minecraft" in the library. This continued until the department was barren.

A chat log can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_cqLxu ... sp=sharing

Now while this was going on I used the ahelp command to complain that my entire department was being destroyed. Initially FatalX1 started by asking a normal question that I expected to be asked in this situation, "have I said stop". I was not playing a human character for this round so my attempts at this fell through. After I elaborated in the situation FatalX1 began to explain how its ok because nobody actually reads the books in the library and later how the rules don't apply in the situation since the library is not important to the station and these people would only be punished if this occurred on Manuel. My complaint stems from the perspective that the section of the rules that state "You may instigate conflict with another player within reason (you can't completely destroy their department" (Escalation Rules Paragraph 2) is not part of the Manuel exclusive roleplay rules and should still be applied in this case no-matter which department. Nowhere in the rules does it say that certain departments are valid to be griefed because "nobody really uses the library". I believe that FatalX1's opinion does not hold weight due to the fact that playing the curator myself meant that I was using the library for its intended purpose. He refered to what was clear malicious destruction for entertainment as, "Renovating" and "still a useable area, if obviously dismantled". The main area that my complaint is about is that FatalX1 was allowing player to break rules as written because it involved a department that he deemed unnecessary.

Pictures of ahelps and responses: https://imgur.com/a/6Ub8RL2
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] NamelessFairy - Non-Antags destroying department is allowed if its the library

Post by Fatal » #570459

Was what the AI did lame? Yes

However, I don't class removing all the floors (the tiles anyway) and all the bookshelves as destroying your department personally

And yes, nobody uses the library, it's a fact, that's why the curator exists as they do now and not the librarian, there's more to the job than the library, and yes, you chose to play it as a librarian this time around

Basically, it boils down to this, the AI was being a shit by destroying your library but it wasn't something I was going to intervene in, and something you should have seeked to remedy IC'ly, I know the fact you were a non-human means you can't simply law 2 the AI into stopping but you could have tried other options, instead you just ahelped and spent the next 10 minutes talking to me about it when you could have used those 10 minutes to stop the AI
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [FatalX1] NamelessFairy - Non-Antags destroying department is allowed if its the library

Post by Cobby » #570481

I was looking through the logs (https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/terry/ ... 8/game.log) for a reason why the AI might have just starting loling the place, and the only thing I could (or well couldnt find) is where you actually asked the AI to stop destroying your stuff, the closest being

Code: Select all

[2020-07-22 16:42:16.334] SAY: NamelessFairy/(Morgan Robinson) "What the fuck" (Library (168,139,4))
[2020-07-22 16:42:25.926] SAY: NamelessFairy/(Morgan Robinson) "What are you doing" (Library (168,139,4))
[2020-07-22 16:42:28.999] SAY: NamelessFairy/(Morgan Robinson) "Why" (Library (168,139,4))
[2020-07-22 16:42:39.940] SAY: Technokek/(W.I.N.D.O.W.S. Standard Shell-632) (priority announcement) "Everyone is invited to play minecraft in the libary" (Library (168,141,4))
[2020-07-22 16:45:30.642] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #4: NamelessFairy/(Morgan Robinson): AI shell is currently dismantling my entire department (Curator), I belive this falls under the part of the rules that says you cant destroy someones entire department unprovoked
One could argue that he should have picked up the cues, but in his defense considering he pasted youtube links in priority and began singing awww man a creeper probably should have clued you in he was a 100 volt machine running on an 80 volt supply.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #570487

I came to play minecraft, and honestly thought you were joking about the whole "why are you ruining my whole life" schpiel given the library just looked like a roundstart library. At this point, the shuttle was already past the point of no recall and by the time the library was dismantled it docked.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #570488

skoglol wrote: given the library just looked like a roundstart library
Thats was kinda intentional other than the book placements, I spent my entire shift having things stolen so I spend my shift attempting to get various parts back with intent to replicate the original library design so I could continue with my roundstart plans. To a person who ran in after the AI announced what they were doing it would have looked like the default library but to me and I assume the AI it was clearly 40 minutes of work combating constant attempts to dismantle stuff. The AI made its announcement around a minute after I announced that I had dedicated my shift to fixing the library.

I'm used to having my work undone by antags or accidents but the AI was not an antag and was clearly not doing anything by accident. So when the AI started I was in a more of a just mildly pissed off mood but after everyone dog piled on and the ahelp responses I got were explaining how what they're doing is alright because its the library, the mildly pissed off turned into a depressive feeling. I initially thought curator was a dedicated creative outlet job but based on this round and a separate round where I also ahelped if feels to me that the role is being treated both by admins and player as if its an alternate to the clown and mime where they should be the brunt of a joke.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570543

Cobby wrote:One could argue that he should have picked up the cues, but in his defense considering he pasted youtube links in priority and began singing awww man a creeper probably should have clued you in he was a 100 volt machine running on an 80 volt supply.
Do you really believe they would have stopped considering that from the chat log the OP posted in the next round

OOC: Technokek: OOC: NamelessFairy: Hope everyone had their fun ruining what I spent the entire shift making for a minecraft joke
OOC: Technokek: yes
OOC: Technokek: yes we did

It's pretty clear they were doing it deliberately and this chatlog confirms that

Note to overzealous forum moderators (Ari, PKP), this is not peanut since it's referring to data of importance in the posted logs
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #572934

An individual dismantling a portion of the library in one round does not meet the standard for something requiring admin intervention. We believe Fatal acted appropriately in choosing to not pursue any admin intervention, this complaint is not upheld.

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.