Non-wizard Laser eye blob interaction

A place to record your ideas for the game.
wabash
Byond Username: Wabash

Non-wizard Laser eye blob interaction

Post by wabash » #570482

Laser eyes for non wizards should get a nerf against blobs, as it stands currently if someone has laser eyes blob is easily cheesed. I can kinda see wizard having the current laser eyes to prevent blob from ruining the wizard's round.

I ded pls pr
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Non-wizard Laser eye blob interaction

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #570505

wabash wrote:I ded pls pr
Not every counter to this MIDROUND ANTAGONIST needs to be fucking nerfed away. You're not meant to be a gamemode antag anymore, you're meant to be a side distraction.

It's infuriating how everyone is treating the blob like it has priority over every other antagonist in the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #570508

LET

ME

WIN
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #570515

Besides, if laser eyes are OP against blobs then that could mean a few things
- They're not using their reflection blob structures. If they work then this will probably still get nerfed because a lot of blob players think they're constantly more underpowered than a clown with no limbs. If they don't work then fix the reflection structures.
- If laser eyes are OP enough to kill a blob all by itself then they'll probably get nerfed eventually anyways. Just imagine what else they're OP against if this is true.
wabash

Post by wabash » #570525

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Besides, if laser eyes are OP against blobs then that could mean a few things
- They're not using their reflection blob structures. If they work then this will probably still get nerfed because a lot of blob players think they're constantly more underpowered than a clown with no limbs. If they don't work then fix the reflection structures.
- If laser eyes are OP enough to kill a blob all by itself then they'll probably get nerfed eventually anyways. Just imagine what else they're OP against if this is true.
Blob needs a nerf on its own right but this is a hard counter, reflection blobs die to this easily, the only things those are decent against is the emitter but it's rng based and not cost effective. Laser eyes code wise are just the laser gun but infinite shots. I think the only reason we don't see them every round is not everyone knows about the laser gun part and want to go hunt moths for their DNA or jump into the gateway for the injector.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #570571

The only way to get laser eyes outside the wizard spell is if an admin gives it to you. Unless someone merged the dumb moth laser eyes PR? I dont think we did.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #570573

A lame friendly wizard might've let themselves be scanned. OP, Round ID please.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #570574

Why bitch about such a rare mutation to face against blob, when gatfruit is far more common and fucks blobs 1000% harder?
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #570580

BrianBackslide wrote:Why bitch about such a rare mutation to face against blob, when gatfruit is far more common and fucks blobs 1000% harder?
Ah yes, another thing as rare as laser eyes. I may not play every round however I don't think I've seen a single gatfruit in six months. Perhaps a year.

Yes, obviously anything strong should be nerfed if we ever apply "and then it was used against a blob" at the end.

EDIT: Of course, maybe the argument for "it's rare therefore balanced" is trash however I feel the changes to botany have made it so that getting a gatfruit (from besides a few sources) is nearly fucking impossible. I feel like there's an exception in that philosophy if getting the item is actually really rng/annoying/hard and not just "yeah, i fought bubblegum" hard.

EDIT 2: Also, if I am in fact wrong and gatfruits are more common than assistants, then just nerf it for the sole reason of being too common/OP. No need to nerf it for the single reason of being able to counter an antag. That's just retarded.
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #570585

Which round is this thread even about? Cause I gave a moth laser eyes a few days ago (they did a thing, and its moth week) which were then used against blob, but I never let it get so far as to make the blob lose.
wabash

Post by wabash » #570595

I've seen it in a few blob rounds but I'm not robust enough to search up the ones I haven't been in. 142570 was mine
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #570597

you can get laser eyes from a gateway skog
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #570598

lol keeping gateway activated on bagil was a mistake.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570599

this is a 1 in 100 year event and not worth balancing
wabash

Post by wabash » #570619

oranges wrote:this is a 1 in 100 year event and not worth balancing
If laser eyes were new they'd be locked behind holding an anomaly core to fire.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #570630

skoglol wrote:lol keeping gateway activated on bagil was a mistake.
Too bad we apparently can't make space ruin/away mission PRs.

That certainly can't help.
wabash wrote:
Yeah, they probably would or they just wouldn't be accepted if they had the same gimmick of "also only admins can spawn them" most likely.
wabash

Post by wabash » #570634

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

wabash wrote:
Yeah, they probably would or they just wouldn't be accepted if they had the same gimmick of "also only admins can spawn them" most likely.
We're talking a laser gun that's better than captains antique as it has no down time, doesn't disappear like the wizard's does, and can be found in ruins and I believe certain moths unless that got pr'd out. I do think it's fun but damn is it powerful.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #570851

wabash wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:

wabash wrote:
We're talking a laser gun that's better than captains antique as it has no down time, doesn't disappear like the wizard's does, and can be found in ruins and I believe certain moths unless that got pr'd out. I do think it's fun but damn is it powerful.
My laser eye PR got closed; laser eyes are not a dormant moth mutation. Also, away missions aren't "ruins".
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Post by Dankasaur » #570891

Not to derail the thread but honestly if you want to remove something's effectiveness against the blob it should really be the PKA. It suffers from the same issues as laser eyes, non-empable, infinite ammo, and makes quick work of reflective and strong blobs except there's roughly 4 PKAs on any given map and it really only takes one to do serious damage to a blob. Laser eyes are a pretty rare occurrence and it only takes one miner who has been doing their job to supply half the crew with survival medipens and PKAs. The damage penalty for being pressurized isn't nearly enough either, as I have seen PKAs with maximum cooldown reduction chew through pressurized blob.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570917

fucking lavaland