Civilian bounties feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Civilian bounties feedback

Post by confused rock » #570712

or maybe I'm the only one complaining. From my experience with security:
bounty for 4 cans of pepper spray for 3,000 - very good deal, but this means that I'm supposed to go into the equipment room, pick out 4 people's secbelts, and loot the spray cans. This is just a selfish act for 1 officer. I don't even think you can get more pepper spray cans. Maybe you can do this bounty with spray bottles, but nowhere does the bounty imply this.

Worse is the old cargo bounty but shittier: 2 riot shotguns for 5k- riot shotguns are extremely valuable weapons the station gets 3 of which are impossible to replace. the fact you can saw them off alone is incredibly valuable. But above all that, imagine getting this bounty. You're going to go to the armory, grab two riot shotguns, leave the rest of the security team gimped, just so you personally can have 5k. I fucking hate these bounties.
Please just go back to the old paychecks so that instead of having people just fucking dicking around they go back to actually doing their job.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Civilian bounties feedback

Post by confused rock » #570715

oh yeah and assistants shouldn't be able to go kill pun pun and be rewarded with enough money to buy an auto rifle. They shouldn't even be able to buy those.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #570725

confused rock wrote:oh yeah and assistants shouldn't be able to go kill pun pun and be rewarded with enough money to buy an auto rifle. They shouldn't even be able to buy those.
I think the issue is less with the bounty system and more with the fact you can private buy to just entirely bypass the access locks, allowing for people to unlock crates that would normally require armory access
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #570743

I love civilian bounties, it gives good direction on what to do when you're just bored. I do them even though I don't really spend money on anything.

My problems come with the fact that some bounties are just way more ridiculous than others for not much better gain. Atmospheric technician bounties for making really annoying gasses comes to mind, though I'm not sure what else I'd expect there.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #570753

They yield far too much money.

No assistant should be able to buy a crate of combat shotguns after 10 min of picking trash.
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #570771

I love the bounties, though as said above some are wya harder than others. But I don't think they yield far too much money, maybe a bit. Average round is very short and I enjoy the fact that you can finally actually obtain sufficient funds for your needs instead of having to, at best, beg people with fat paychecks for bux, and it requiers reasonable effort of you to obtain them, instead of spending half your shift doing this.