Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Talk about video games here
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Post by confused rock » #501000

Bottom post of the previous page:

going to ruin this thread so hard damn you anus3 I've been feeling so anxious since this came out since I knew that last I played barotrauma if you asked me what I'd do when it came to early access I'd say I'd buy it immediately but now it's been a month and I still haven't bought it and I tell myself it's because it costs 30 bucks but you know what timbre the real reason why I haven't bought barotrauma yet is because I don't know who I'd play it with I bet you're in your noodle cup having a gay old time with 8 people but I'm just asking myself if I could sink so low as to play public games damn it timbre every time a multiplayer game I was excited for finally gets released it pains me and barotrauma coming out made me realise: even if I'm almost certainly not actually alone I feel extremely lonely but I don't want to talk about it because I feel all my friends just tolerate me and if I were to loathe myself for 20 minutes it would just waste their time at best damn it Barotrauma I wish you were delayed so I wouldn't have to worry about getting my shit together to enjoy you just yet. I think I'll tell myself that I'm going to wait until it's out of early access, yeah, I'll wait until it's out of early access. Yeah.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #501011

confused rock wrote:going to ruin this thread so hard damn you anus3 I've been feeling so anxious since this came out since I knew that last I played barotrauma if you asked me what I'd do when it came to early access I'd say I'd buy it immediately but now it's been a month and I still haven't bought it and I tell myself it's because it costs 30 bucks but you know what timbre the real reason why I haven't bought barotrauma yet is because I don't know who I'd play it with I bet you're in your noodle cup having a gay old time with 8 people but I'm just asking myself if I could sink so low as to play public games damn it timbre every time a multiplayer game I was excited for finally gets released it pains me and barotrauma coming out made me realise: even if I'm almost certainly not actually alone I feel extremely lonely but I don't want to talk about it because I feel all my friends just tolerate me and if I were to loathe myself for 20 minutes it would just waste their time at best damn it Barotrauma I wish you were delayed so I wouldn't have to worry about getting my shit together to enjoy you just yet. I think I'll tell myself that I'm going to wait until it's out of early access, yeah, I'll wait until it's out of early access. Yeah.
are you ok
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #501012

Timbrewolf wrote:My autism has decreased somewhat in my absence.
When's the last time you took a look at your pfp
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #501020

Yeah I'm probably fine actually I'm not considering self harm or anything so I'd say I have it pretty good looking at it now this is basically me just trying to seek attention it looks like, I think I ranted like that because I'm not sure what to say without making it weird so I prefer to direct it at nobody in particular when in reality I just need to get around to asking timbrewolf how much dick I'd have to suck to get back in his discord because of things I could rant about for a few paragraphs
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #501083

confused rock wrote:
Spoiler:
going to ruin this thread so hard damn you anus3 I've been feeling so anxious since this came out since I knew that last I played barotrauma if you asked me what I'd do when it came to early access I'd say I'd buy it immediately but now it's been a month and I still haven't bought it and I tell myself it's because it costs 30 bucks but you know what timbre the real reason why I haven't bought barotrauma yet is because I don't know who I'd play it with I bet you're in your noodle cup having a gay old time with 8 people but I'm just asking myself if I could sink so low as to play public games damn it timbre every time a multiplayer game I was excited for finally gets released it pains me and barotrauma coming out made me realise: even if I'm almost certainly not actually alone I feel extremely lonely but I don't want to talk about it because I feel all my friends just tolerate me and if I were to loathe myself for 20 minutes it would just waste their time at best damn it Barotrauma I wish you were delayed so I wouldn't have to worry about getting my shit together to enjoy you just yet. I think I'll tell myself that I'm going to wait until it's out of early access, yeah, I'll wait until it's out of early access. Yeah.
I mean, dude... your actions where the reason you were ostracized. Its not like we just decided to not play with you because you weren't "x" type of person or whatever, it isnt a clique thing. You would literally ruin every game we played. At first it was funny and you played the fool. Then it happened, every, single game. And it was frustrating as hell, more so by every time you'd say you didn't expect the outcome of what fuckery you were doing. Everyone gave you second chances, making this excuse or that excuse, but eventually people got tired of it, and so collectively people would just say "I'd rather not play if rock is playing" until that become all of us.
You need to recognise that these problems are of your own doing, own up to them and do something about them. Maybe this is a little tough love, but one has to be responsible for their own actions
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #501103

I forgot about the part where this would actually significantly derail the thread
I don't remember shit well enough to say how accurate that statement is about 2 years ago so I'm just going to forget this period
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #501114

confused rock wrote:-snip-
whoa dang. i'm sorry you feel that way? the discord really isn't that cool.

I'm sure if you shook the tree here or in whatever /tg/-cord there is now you could gather a couple brave souls together to give the game a serious go.
From what I've heard some pubbie servers will randomly have some decent, competent people in them too. You could try chatting with them during rounds and making some baro-buddies that way.

If the only good way to get a good group of people together for a game is to be part of our not-a-furry-discord-just-full-of-them-lol then videogames are fucking doomed.
Also FWIW you seem to have gotten a lot better about the behavior that was driving us all crazy if your interactions in the Hogs 'cord is any indication, so that's good!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #501119

Timbrewolf wrote:
confused rock wrote:-snip-
If the only good way to get a good group of people together for a game is to be part of our not-a-furry-discord-just-full-of-them-lol then videogames are fucking doomed.
Also FWIW you seem to have gotten a lot better about the behavior that was driving us all crazy if your interactions in the Hogs 'cord is any indication, so that's good!
Yeah, like that not-space hulk game which at one point the only people playing it were from one of the ss13-tg discords.

Which was a shame, Space Beast Terror Fright was a decent game (better than the actual space hulk game)
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #501120

I really needed that
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #501161

Malkevin wrote:Which was a shame, Space Beast Terror Fright was a decent game (better than the actual space hulk game)
It recently got another update to make it even more SPOOK. Aliums will now hide on the walls and sit still to fool your motion detector and try to blend in. Then bite you on the ass when you get too close.

They also added a cool smog effect to the floor that's pretty neat.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #564995

Game has been updated again and again.

Campaign mode very fun with friends
New visuals, updates to sub builder I think?
New wrecks spawning on the ocean floor to explore
Cool new undersea friend to go with the wrecks

New system coming soon(ish) for outposts in campaign mode. Its available in unstable already.

Game is on sale until the 18th go fucking get it
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #566006

If the price tag is your problem this game is on humble choice right now which means you can get it and a few other games by getting a month of it, even if you don't plan on keeping a subscription.
https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription?refc=CXMiCG
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #566128

Unstable difficulty is hard as balls right now. If you're playing vanilla subs the Dugong and Orca are kinda must-picks or else you're gonna get chormped by the constant waves of crawlers, threshers, and raptors the game deploys on you.

Too spicy, IMO. Could use some toning down.

The official discord for the game is a pretty nice place to hang out and talk about game mechanics, lore, or meetup with people to play.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #567959

Unstable updated again

Campaign is good again has a story with an actual (prototype) ending. You can have random events with the residents of outposts. Map got redid.

Single player is actually pretty good? Bot behavior can still use some work, they panic for oxygen and then litter ssuits and shit around the sub. They heal themselves too early after being hurt and waste stuff sometimes. But for bodies to keep the sub from falling apart or to keep the guns firing they're pretty good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #570104

Game is great, but how do you find legit people to play it with is beyond me tbh. Public servers mostly vary between funnily chaotic and chaotic full of cunts.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #570298

Use the official discord. It's pretty active and good.

Jumping into random public servers is just gonna get you griefed from all sides. If you can find a server without an admin spawning themselves in as different creatures to attack the sub you're already in the top 50%
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #571102

the campaign overhaul update is out
[youtube]evXqK96SmRE[/youtube]
Spoiler:
i would tell you how good it is, but i've done nothing but design submarines since i switched to the test version like a week or two ago
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #571105

not worth playing unless there are erp servers where you can join mile deep club
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #571143

Flatulent wrote:not worth playing unless there are erp servers where you can join mile deep club
There's a server I regularly see up called The Poop Dungeon or something that has like 100 slots somehow???

Could be what you're looking for.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #571214

Timbrewolf wrote:
Flatulent wrote:not worth playing unless there are erp servers where you can join mile deep club
There's a server I regularly see up called The Poop Dungeon or something that has like 100 slots somehow???

Could be what you're looking for.
i need to find that picture of a wolf anthro that looks suspiciously like your fursona robbing a feral doe of her turds in the woods again