Kirkergard

[StickyBan] Kirkergard - ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by Kirkergard » #570362

BYOND account: Kirkergard

Character name: Henry Holmes/Bob Lanoir

Ban type: StickyBan

https://imgur.com/a/LFqFifO

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: You or another user of this connection(spencleb) is banned from playing here

Time ban was placed: sometime 7/25/2020

Round ID in which ban was placed: 142726

Server: Manuel

Your side of the story: I am a somewhat new player to this game having been introduced by a friend and live in a foreign country where FREEDOM™ is not readily guaranteed over the web and for privacy reasons I use a VPN. Tried connecting to servers without one and doesn't work for me. Have mine set to automatic and every time I connect to a certain VPN connection/localation I get these ban notifications for this user I do not recognize from there I would just search for a new connection, move on, and worry little about it. Today when attempting to connect to Manuel I seem to be permanently banned from the server regardless of connection.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I can't play this game through a normal internet connection where I live without a proxy though I've tried multiple times and by different means. I've had a few bans in the past, most linked to my lack of experience to an RP standard I've now come to be adjusted to and just want keep playing my role away from other chaos ridden servers.
Last edited by Kirkergard on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [StickyBan] Kirkergard - ban evasion misunderstanding

Post by NikNakFlak » #570371

This is more likely to be a True positive.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #570678

Denied. I am absolutely certain that you are spencleb.
Kirkergard

Post by Kirkergard » #570700

Very well then lemme ask you, since I was only playing my role and bothering no one, would you rather take choice of reconciliation with an apology and never have to deal with this again or hand out bans heavy-handidly like candy and think you've washed your hands of this? Accounts by BYOND can be made by the dozen, CIDs spoofed, cleaning marked cache/keys take but a simple keystroke, plenty options to mask ones IP, and in lieu of that is always VM solution and this computer is no great value to me. All this is trivial to do and further bans take no more than 5 min each time to work around. What I'm saying is I'm not one for griefing/shittiding and take little pleasure in ruining the days of people uninvolved but if I can't even enjoy/RP my role in peace what is it to others if they're inexplicably bombed or rolled on by a random passing assistant and some admin has to deal with this especially during peak hours? It wouldn't even be that much trouble to enlist the help of a friend/malcontent for a fun evening. The default roles offer much in damage potential and the servers especially manuel make for an amazing open testing/playground. It can be this way or not, but the choice is yours. Me I'd rather just keep playing the game normally as its meant to be played.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #570720

We would rather you appeal your original ban than skirt around it by creating new accounts. It's worth noting that you weren't even banned for anything at the time, you were just banned for having a second ckey. So I'm at a complete loss why you think any of this is necessary in the first place.

If you feel up to it, please make a new thread with your banned account and we will discuss this further.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kirkergard

Post by Kirkergard » #570745

Very well, if that's a way through, I'll get the login details from the user and get to that in a bit.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #570747

Vekter is mistaken and thinks multikeying is just having two accounts, it's not. It's using two accounts online at the same time to cheat.
The same thing I talked to you about when I looked into your connection history Kirk and you blatantly lied about in adminpms.

The same thing you have done every single time you have evaded, continued to do the same thing you were originally banned for.
The original ban belongs to Rave and although I highly doubt you are going to get unbanned, you are welcome to appeal without lying out your teeth.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #571181

This guy appealed on his original account and was denied, so this appeal is resolved as well.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?