Appeals which have been closed.
Dudefff

[Armhulenn] Dudefff - permanent antag ban

Post by Dudefff » #571178

BYOND account: Dudefff
Character name: Dante Smit
Ban type: All Antags
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Devil, Internal Affairs Agent, Malf AI, Monkey, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard, Hivemind Host permanently - multiple server antag rolling and disconnecting repeatedly, you have a history of doing this. appeal when you can prove you can play fair like the rest of us
Time ban was placed: 2020-04-12 22:20:44
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 134576
Your side of the story: Checking the logs, I didn't really contribute much to the round to begin with since I was a late join. But on that day I was using a laptop to play SS13 and the battery wasn't secured while I had the charger plugged in. The charger unplugged by mistake and it of course, turned off the laptop. Got busy with other things so I didn't rejoin/attempt to re-connect, and I was an assistant anyway so I wasn't going to do much but roleplay anyway since the round was going to end in a couple of minutes or so. An hour later is when a new round started and it was on bagil, and it was lowpop so everyone was committing suicide, and I joined them and died. Throughout the day I either played full rounds or disconnected during rounds if I died, or they didn't seem all interesting, so I should have been observing rather than click play. On round ID 134579 of Sybil, I was given antag and disconnected.If I was purposely "antag rolling" I wouldn't have surely missed this one, right? Image
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't mind enjoying the game as a non-antag, it just disrupts the flow of my game if it's revs or cult and I get converted and I have some random player take over and just tarnish things. And I never have gone out of my way to be antag every round, every day. It's been 3 months, and If I have to wait longer, It's understandable. I'll be keeping an eye on better attempts at reconnecting or only play /tg/ when I know I won't go afk/randomly disconnect if I have internet issues or whatever the case may be.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Armhulenn] Dudefff - permanent antag ban

Post by Armhulen » #571221

What tipped me off was joining bagil, suiciding, jumping to sybil, suiciding, then jumping to manuel and suiciding. With someone who has a note about antag rolling it set off an alarm... please don't join and suicide on all servers, it's bad sport! Whether or not intentional it's antag rolling. Even if you don't want to play one kind of antag getting the opportunity to get one on every server isn't kosher when combined with the "I don't want to play" button. I have one question that I would like an okay answer to before I lift this: How can I know you're ready to play fair when you've only played 5 rounds in the last month (34 in total since the ban)?
Dudefff

Post by Dudefff » #571232

For starters, I'm not gonna just suicide and join a different server just because or indirectly make it look like antag rolling as stated. Half the time I just joined a round to see what people were online and then disconnect, which is a waste of everyone's time and a job slot when I could simply just observe and do the same thing. In general, there are a lot of things I could have went about what I did, but I took the smoothbrain route at the time and just suicided or disconnected. At the end of the day, we're all just here to have fun but not following the rules and having bad sportsmanship isn't acceptable and should be pretty easy to understand. So, I'll be playing complete rounds or spectate more since there's still things I gotta read in the changelogs and whatnot.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #571233

Lifted, be good