[Doctor Brutality (FatalX1, Skoglol)] Kadaveran - Multikeying, Griefing, Ban Evasion

Appeals which have been closed.
notAnAlt

[Doctor Brutality (FatalX1, Skoglol)] Kadaveran - Multikeying, Griefing, Ban Evasion

Post by notAnAlt » #571332

BYOND account: Kadaveran
Character name: Jeremiah Smail
Ban type: global
Ban length: permanent
Ban reason: Alt of countentdelivery/kadaveran. Has been told to appeal the permaban on Kadaveran before playing here again, understanding, forthcoming in ahelps.
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-03 18:41:55
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 143465
Your side of the story: I think my first ban was for multikeying with the account countentdelivery, killed a traitor with the knowledge i had. Maybe I only got banned later for a different reason, cant remember.
I then started to ban evade, got banned for multikeying again, which I did to kill some shitter who was murdering on lowpop. Evaded the ban again.
The account Kadaveran got banned for this: "Printed around 500 signalers then spent the next ten minutes manually signalling them while the server slowed to a crawl. Shares a CID and is likely alt of countentdelivery, which has been warned about alt accounts in the past." (BanID #48718, round ID 142344, 2020-07-19).
There might have been a few other bans for ban evasion in between, but these are the significant ones. Let me know if I forgot any.
The ckeys I remember using are countentdelivery, orisit, heaveho, plainbread24, bwoinkmedaddy, kadaveran and cheapo (not sure about this one).
In all of these cases I knew that I was breaking the rules.
I want to add that at some point before I got told to appeal the ban, but I didn't, because I was sure it would get denied.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't really enjoy griefing. I don't intend to do it again. If I do get unbanned, it will give me a tiny bit of motivation to not break the rules again, instead of evading.
References of good conduct: None.
notAnAlt

Re: [Doctor Brutality (FatalX1, Skoglol)] Kadaveran - Multikeying, Griefing, Ban Evasion

Post by notAnAlt » #571335

Ignore the last thing I wrote as reason for unbanning, because it isnt one.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: [Doctor Brutality (FatalX1, Skoglol)] Kadaveran - Multikeying, Griefing, Ban Evasion

Post by skoglol » #571338

Since the kadaveran ban is mine, I guess Ill be handling this one. If we ignore the admissions of previous multikeying and use of metaknowledge and the evasion (attempts) for now, can you fill me in on your motivations behind trying to lag the server?
notAnAlt

Post by notAnAlt » #571340

I wanted to see if it would work and how much it could do. Also, not gonna lie, it was pretty funny to me.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #571341

notAnAlt

Post by notAnAlt » #571343

notAnAlt wrote:I wanted to see if it would work and how much it could do. Also, not gonna lie, it was pretty funny to me.
Funny because it had a somewhat large impact and because it wasn't something I'd seen anyone else do before. And maybe I enjoyed griefing in that case, don't know to be honest.
notAnAlt

Post by notAnAlt » #571423

I've thought about this a bit, I'd like to correct my appeal and ask you not to lift this ban, but to lighten it to a month or whatever you think is more appropriate.
Reasons being that, for one, I have at no time stopped playing on /tg/, since I just made a new Alt whenever a ban happened,
so this appeal is basically asking to let me off scot-free even though I did break quite a few rules.
I'd also say a lighter ban is favorable to a permaban (i.e. denying this appeal), because I have nothing to lose if I am permabanned after a denied appeal, why would I not try to evade again?
(not meaning to criticize admins for handing out permas with this)
Last reason is that I simply want to get away from SS13 in general.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #571537

I think given the sheer volume of offences here, the head admins need to make the final decision

However, for my part in this, this is a hard no.

You were told back in April to stick to one Ckey, so you have no excuses of not knowing you should have stuck to one, instead you multikeyed not once but twice and evaded multiple times also

If you can't follow instructions when given a chance why should we give you another chance? Personally I'd say go try another server out, pick ONE CKEY, and come back in 12 months time, and perhaps then this would be considered

Sure you can simply try and evade again but again, that shows you have no respect for the rules and don't belong here
notAnAlt

Post by notAnAlt » #571544

Can't change your opinion, but just to make it clear: When my two alts got banned in April, I was not aware of breaking the rules,
using the alts merely to check out ghost roles before joining with my main. I talked about it in deadchat, an admin saw and the alts got banned. That only changed in July.
No, I don't respect the rules at all, how could I respect rules that can't be enforced?
That being said, I'm still willing to play by them if it means we can get on good terms.
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #571658

Judging by your general attitude about our rules, I dont think you are capable of being a well behaved member of our community. Go play somewhere else, show that you can follow rules without getting in trouble, and come back in a year for a followup appeal. Or evade, and close that door forever. Your choice.

This is denied.
notAnAlt

Post by notAnAlt » #571679

Alright. I'd appreciate if you could still answer me the following question before closing this thread, as I don't have any other means of communicating with you.
If my "attitude towards your rules" doesn't change, do I even have a chance in 12 months?

I'd also like to point out that what you might have misinterpreted as my personal attitude is merely the conclusion I drew from the fact that the whole rule system is based on the ultimate sentence being a ban.
But those can easily be evaded by anyone who's willing to put in a bit of effort (and who isn't invested in the community, yadda yadda).
So yeah, that's why I don't think the rules are respectable (in that sense), not only by me, but by anyone.
My attitude is reflected by the last sentence (...of my previous post), and, saying this just in case it came across like that, I did not mean to imply threatening to break the rules again in any other way than attempting ban evasion.

In my opinion you are misjudging me if you think I can not be a well behaved member of the community, but I can't blame you, I must be looking like a shithead.

Anyway, looking forward to talking to you again when the time comes, now read the first letter of every line in my previous post :^^^^^)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #571681

I don't think any further conversation regarding this ban will be productive to either side.

I'm locking this. Headmins can unlock it if they so choose.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #571855

notAnAlt wrote:Alright. I'd appreciate if you could still answer me the following question before closing this thread, as I don't have any other means of communicating with you.
If my "attitude towards your rules" doesn't change, do I even have a chance in 12 months?
While not exceedingly likely, it's not impossible if you can get another server to vouch for your good behaviour. That said, attitude is 99% of an appeal and if its the same as you are showing in this one I don't foresee it being a successful one.