Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Post by Timonk » #572113

why and how is a fully augmented person with a robotic voice human? i almost ate a note over that the other week. basically the previous ruling is 5 years old and basically "oog borg is borg human is human human cant be not human"

(this is my second attempt at posting this please approve it)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Post by Armhulen » #572191

I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

But since this is Policy and not Coding, Yeah I think if you can confirm fully augmented people are actually fully augmented they should not be human
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #572200

Armhulen wrote:I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

But since this is Policy and not Coding, Yeah I think if you can confirm fully augmented people are actually fully augmented they should not be human
Too bad changelings and technically abductors (their disguises could be compatible with such an idea though) still exist. Mainly the changelings part.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #572223

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

Too bad changelings and technically abductors (their disguises could be compatible with such an idea though) still exist. Mainly the changelings part.
changelings would be fine since they are already indistinguishable until they use their abilities. abductors are already able to be seen through simply by looking at them, so it wouldnt be a huge issue
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #572230

I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572233

BrotherBeyond wrote:I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.
Which is ridiculous and silly, why is android a species and a human at the same time
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #572236

if I brain transplant a human brain into a lizard does that mean the human got augmented with lizard body parts
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #572244

Armhulen wrote:
BrotherBeyond wrote:I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.
Which is ridiculous and silly, why is android a species and a human at the same time
Android =/= Augmented human

Androids are a species obtainable through admin fuckery, the magic mirror (I think), or mutation toxin obtained by botany strange seeds
Augmented humans are created by fully augmenting a human, which results in someone who is still human but has the appearance of an android
Androids and augmented humans look either identical or extremely similar, to the point where you can't tell at a glance
The only real distinguishing features are mechanics (Androids dont need to breathe and are immune to radiation) and voice. Androids speak like a robot, but augmented humans can also have the same voice by swapping out their tongue for the robotic voicebox robotics can get.
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #572269

Then how can an ai distinguish them
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #572275

NoxVS wrote: changelings would be fine since they are already indistinguishable until they use their abilities. abductors are already able to be seen through simply by looking at them, so it wouldnt be a huge issue
The issue with abductors lie less with being obvious (despite all the jokes of abductors being bald people, there is a difference between bald humans and non-humans) and more due to the fact that they need their disguises in order to not be spotted. While the AI already can't track an abductor agent due to their helmet, it would be annoying if you were doing everything perfectly yet got spotted due to the AI having a fucking sixth sense that can detect highly advanced aliens however not changelings.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572278

if the health scan says its human then its human
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #572279

health scan also says monkey men are human yet they arent
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #572282

As much as I love you Arm, that's fuckin retarded. A big part of antags being successful is just keeping their bloody mouth shut whilst they're wearing a hardsuit or whatever, so silicons cant valid em. And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #572297

BrotherBeyond wrote:
As much as I love you Arm, that's fuckin retarded. A big part of antags being successful is just keeping their bloody mouth shut whilst they're wearing a hardsuit or whatever, so silicons cant valid em. And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.
so make disguises that cover face show as unknown

if someone's an unknown then you can't identify them one way or the other
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572298

Screemonster wrote:
BrotherBeyond wrote:
so make disguises that cover face show as unknown

if someone's an unknown then you can't identify them one way or the other
agreeable, just needs to have a lot of ambiguity
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #572300

the real trick is that the overlay would act strange if you got laws that redefined "human"

like, coding it to recognise the onehuman board might not be tooooooooo difficult, but the freeform board is where it would get fucky
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572302

I was thinking more of something on the hud, like medhud. When your laws don't really apply, you can just switch it off.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #572313

Timonk wrote:health scan also says monkey men are human yet they arent
yes they are
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #572340

ok time to rescue the humans out of genetics every round
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #572386

Timonk wrote:ok time to rescue the humans out of genetics every round
go for it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572389

monkeys always add good fun to a round.
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #572423

BrotherBeyond wrote:And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.
Good. Fuck em, they're literally just banbaiting if they do this.
am gud enineering
scrungo
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #572430

If it isn’t controlled by a player it isn’t human.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572446

something about the ship of nostradamus
theseus
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #572448

NoxVS wrote:
If it isn’t controlled by a player it isn’t human.
Sentient monkey is human? Is it like hulk where you lose humanity from one mutation (in this case, monkified)?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #576932

While this is ideally something we'd like to see we believe it would create too much of a headache for players/admins to deal with. How many parts replaced with cyborg makes you nonhuman? Where do you draw that line?
Its also pretty difficult to distinguish them from regular humans at times from the sprites we've seen. As it stands we will make no changes to this policy

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Keep policy as is, originally I was for this change but after thinking about it some I realized alot of the potential issues which would arise from it, which I think aren't worth it.
Domitius: Keep policy as is.
Naloac: Keep policy as is.