artilljeristus
Byond Username: Artilljerist

[ban] psykzz artilljerist

Post by artilljeristus » #572089

BYOND account: artilljerist
Character name: Israel Moshel
Ban type: Roles
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a fully grown larva, decided to bait marines into hunting and killing him. When asked about ignore me. Feel free to appeal this ban on the forums.
Time ban was placed: 16:06:15
Round ID in which ban was placed: 4657
Your side of the story: I went to the toilet. When returned, saw a banreason. We discussed the issue for a long time until the roundend, and in the end there was the problem of non-evolving and a marinebaiting question. Well, I didn't notice that I had already accumulated enough points for evolution, as I was looking for weeds in order to speed up the process, and at the same time I thought it was a good idea to lure some lone marines into a trap. Lag happend and I died, it was dumb.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My death wasnt a big problem, since there was at its moment that three more buried larvas were available to everyone. I playing recently on this server, and even recent for xenomorphs, but seeing with what high frequency the larvas dying, it seemed to me that there is nothing scary about dying. I should have avoided people altogether, my bad, but hanging permabans on two professions due to one death is rough.
References of good conduct: I would be able to show it if it were not for the ban.
psykzz
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Psykzz
Github Username: psykzz

Re: [ban] psykzz artilljerist

Post by psykzz » #572352

So this was on lava outpost (crash).

I was observing the marines near one of the objectives they had cades up including a turret and were fixing the APC for the disc generators.
I noticed a larva run real close to the cades and the turret before running away.

Curious i followed the larva, it then ran into 2/3 marines, so it turned and ran away again. At this point i checked evolution, and noticed you could've evolved.
I then noticed you decided to dart in and out of the edge of their vision baiting them further and further away.

This likely went on for about 3 minutes or so, before you were shot and killed.

As soon as you were killed, i ahelpd you about what had happened.
No reply, so i proceeded with a xeno job ban.

After this you came back 15mins later to discuss.

My issue with how this happened, is that at first when i asked you what happened you tried to ignore it and just give short answers, it wasn't until i called you out on the full activity did you even start to admit what you were doing. Later mentioning that you did "no harm".

The ticket logs can be found below.
Spoiler:

Given you can show consistent good behaviour from here on, I'm willing to reduce the ban down to 1 week.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572369

This is way too rude.
If then I explained incorrectly, I will correct: you losing track of time when trying to trap some lone marines as you focusing on not getting shot. Also, when all of your attention is focused on one point, three minutes in your perspective can seem like one minute, and there it's very easy to lose your growth-o-meter from your vision. Just for check, I answered your questions as bluntly as you asked them directly, there is little reason to believe that I deliberately ignored the questions, since, again, you could just not ask something, as I pointed out in the ahelp conversation. I didn’t play enough for xenomorphs even one hour, and as soon as I died once, I immediately got a ban for 10 days in total.
This is rude, I don't want to believe that you have decided that way.
psykzz
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Psykzz
Github Username: psykzz

Post by psykzz » #572374

Do you not understand that most xenos players wont even leave the fog before they evolve to ensure they don't die as a larva.
Comparing that to yourself, who decided to dart around near marines and turrets.

I may have been persuaded differently if you did find the marines and then ran and hide to evolve before attacking them again, I would've assumed you wanted to just evolve near the frontlines, however that wasn't the case.

7 days feels like enough time for you to maybe observe a few rounds, and see how other players play xeno.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572424

That's rude. I've seen a lot of guys that died as a larva in exactly the same way, but no one has banned them even close. Very unfair.
Last edited by artilljeristus on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572610

psykzz wrote:Do you not understand that most xenos players wont even leave the fog before they evolve to ensure they don't die as a larva.
Comparing that to yourself, who decided to dart around near marines and turrets.

I may have been persuaded differently if you did find the marines and then ran and hide to evolve before attacking them again, I would've assumed you wanted to just evolve near the frontlines, however that wasn't the case.

7 days feels like enough time for you to maybe observe a few rounds, and see how other players play xeno.

well I followed your advice and found a perfect example of the definition named "most xenos players". a noodle that being right in 5 tiles away of the combat. I've counted like 3 or 4 of such examples when I was a ghost, and these ones is not getting banned or warned. practically all this time they're not evolved for a long period of time. no, xenos don't remaining behind the fog before they evolve. in the fog, the spawn zone, there was no one at all, I've checked

>dart around turrets
the turret you are talking about was disabled and not anchored, I've already said that before. this was a turret at the entrance to the dorms, because then you watched the marines who were in the east, I remember it well

it's just turns out that your descision is completely absurd. nuff said