[Complaint] [Pette] <Ridgyaxe>

Ridgyaxe
TGMC Administrator

[Complaint] [Pette] <Ridgyaxe>

Post by Ridgyaxe » #572472

During a round on 8/14/2020, around 4:15 PM EST, I recieved a message from Pette, stating something along the lines of saying the word 'click' in IC speech was against the rules, and should be used in OOC. (Click on the hole to throw a grenade through it!) I've said things like this in the past in IC speech, simply because it was the fastest way to get that information to someone, rather than going through the tabs in the middle of a fire fight and looking for LOOC, and having seen someone chuck a grenade against a wall with a hole in it. Prior in the round he'd also told me that shooting REQ doors was LRP and also against the rules.

When I was told about the my speech being against the rules, as it was OOC, I requested to speak to a different admin to complain about Pette, because I'd never been told before about that. I hadn't made a habit of being all the time talking OOC, only doing so when it was to impart vital info that would be hard or much lengthier a post than simply saying 'click.'

I was then told to make a complaint against him if I'd believe he'd handled things incorrectly, which I do (Admin Complaint Format and Rules-->What is expected of the Admins-->Rule 4, granted, I'm unsure if this means an IC thing, like an admin/player griefs the other party). In discord, I was also told by JPR that 'we don't really care about it, just don't make a habit of it.' I also learned the hotkey button from Stickwell where LOOC was located.

BYOND account: <Ridgyax.>
Character name: <Quint 'Bad Luck' Hawkings, No ban, only noted.>
Admin in question: <Pette.>
When did it take place: <4:15 PM EST.>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <I have no clue, I was not banned, and I do not know where to look for the prior rounds ID..>
Evidence: <When i was connected my account to the Forums, the screen that had all the 'evidence' closed, so I have none. You'll have to look through logs for this, sorry.>
Your side of the story: <During a round on 8/14/2020, around 4:15 PM EST, I recieved a message from Pette, stating something along the lines of saying the word 'click' in IC speech was against the rules, and should be used in OOC. (Click on the hole to throw a grenade through it!) I've said things like this in the past in IC speech, simply because it was the fastest way to get that information to someone, rather than going through the tabs in the middle of a fire fight and looking for LOOC, and having seen someone chuck a grenade against a wall with a hole in it. Prior in the round he'd also told me that shooting REQ doors was LRP and also against the rules.

When I was told about the my speech being against the rules, as it was OOC, I requested to speak to a different admin to complain about Pette, because I'd never been told before about that. I hadn't made a habit of being all the time talking OOC, only doing so when it was to impart vital info that would be hard or much lengthier a post than simply saying 'click.'

I was then told to make a complaint against him if I'd believe he'd handled things incorrectly, which I do (Admin Complaint Format and Rules-->What is expected of the Admins-->Rule 4, granted, I'm unsure if this means an IC thing, like an admin/player griefs the other party). In discord, I was also told by JPR that 'we don't really care about it, just don't make a habit of it.' I also learned the hotkey button from Stickwell where LOOC was located. I was then given a note in game per Pette, stating that I failed to understand/misunderstood (I don't remember exact words) the IC in OOC rule.>
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [Complaint] [Pette] <Ridgyaxe>

Post by terranaut » #572479

We have MRP rules. Referring to gamey things (like the controls) in IC channels is breaking of character and thus against the rules. The same goes for shooting req doors. It's not immersive for a marine to just break into the armory/supply depot of his ship. There's some leeway in cases when nobody is able to man req for game reasons but that's very rarely the case as most if not all of command and Synths have access to Req. Preferably an Engineer would just hack the door if leaderless marines needed to get in.
You can also press L (default, its bindable) to talk in LOOC.
While it's true that breaking of RP rules has not been actively enforced lately, it's still a rule break and Pette has my full support in dealing with it.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Dolth
Byond Username: Pette

Post by Dolth » #572485

See, if you had just asked what was wrong I would have explained real quick and both of us would have some time and nerve saved.
I know people are not used to have this rule enforced, even less with airlocks. But please next time just ask what's wrong instead of giving an attitude...
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #572561

Yikes.

If you want me to unlock this so you can reply just DM me.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]