[ban] JIG artilljerist

artilljeristus
Byond Username: Artilljerist

[ban] JIG artilljerist

Post by artilljeristus » #572783

BYOND account: artilljerist
Character name: Israel Moshel
Ban type: Server&Role(possibly, I'm not I'm not sure about that)
Ban length: 2 days to server, possibly permanent to the xeno roles.
Ban reason: Has collected more than 13 notes in the past two months. A two day ban should give him some time to reflect on his behaviour.
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-20 20:00:39
Round ID in which ban was placed: 4744
Your side of the story: I got unbanned as a xenomorph a few hours ago, larvadied after running into a crowd of a dozen marines. Before that, I listened to something on YouTube, and flew around the map as a ghost. During the cooldown I thought about what I would do tomorrow, and the muscle memory of my fingers continued to wind circles. I was distracted, and continued to run the same way on the map already as a larva, when I occupied the slot, and died. Then JIG wrote to me why I died, and I wrote to him the same statement. Again, I didn't do it on purpose.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Most of these 13 notes are all sorts of little things that superficially touch on some of the rules regarding LRP, like "silly name", etc. It's just impossible to follow all the notes. Yes, I once joked with a soporific. I'm able to admit guilt in some specific cases, which I did all the time. I also meet many interesting people with whom I can joke one time in other languages, I'm not giving anyone a culture shock by just passing on a few phrases, this is just funny. I've already received enough punishments during these two months, among which Psykzz's ban for the role of a xenomorph was already enough. Giving bans by calculating the number of records, not their quality is rude. Don't considering note relevance at the moment and consider them as one whole characteristic for the ban is just absurd by itself. Substantially I didn't even break any rule, I'm not a shitter, I don't ruining anyone's game, I paying a lot of attention not to FFing some fellow marine to death. I generally didn’t spoil anyone’s experience of the game, behaving like an ordinary marine, most of the time. And you giving me a pack of bans just because you personally think that I "behaving badly". I don't agree with this decision and I don't want to believe that you solving problems this way. Still, in the first place you asked a question about why I died as a larva - I just didn't play for xenomorphs for a long time and got distracted at an unfortunate moment, I'm not too lucky today, that's question was. After that I get banned for a completely different reason.
References of good conduct: I'm OK until the moment when some administrator is unhealthly interested in me.
Last edited by artilljeristus on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanManche
Byond Username: JeanManche

Re: [ban] JIG artilljerist

Post by JeanManche » #572791

Hello.

I was the player who did the ahelp. (I ahelp every single battlelarva the commit sudoku on the frontlines.)

You did take a xeno slot and prevented another player to take said slot and threw it away between line of marines.
You just literally went from xeno territory towards human territory. Literally south of medical storage, towards LZ1.

Can't say more, not my job, just stated the actual situation.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572795

JeanManche wrote:Hello.

I was the player who did the ahelp. (I ahelp every single battlelarva the commit sudoku on the frontlines.)

You did take a xeno slot and prevented another player to take said slot and threw it away between line of marines.
You just literally went from xeno territory towards human territory. Literally south of medical storage, towards LZ1.

Can't say more, not my job, just stated the actual situation.
Buried larva slots belong to absolutely all players, it's not my fault that you were not able to take your place on time. I've already described reasons above. You acted very meanly, without first asking what caused the situation, or at least not looking at the chat.
JeanManche
Byond Username: JeanManche

Post by JeanManche » #572796

Bruh. I was one of the marines that shot you.

You didn't seem AFK, as you passed through a breach in a wall.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572797

JeanManche wrote:Bruh. I was one of the marines that shot you.

You didn't seem AFK, as you passed through a breach in a wall.
Spoiler:
JJG
Byond Username: JJG

Post by JJG » #572857

You got a xeno ban a week ago from Psykz for essentially baiting marines to kill you as larva. The ban had expired for a bit more than a day when you yet again die as larva on the frontline despite having spawned in a safe location far away.
99% of our playerbase does not have this issue. They rest as larva and evolve, it takes like 1 minute.

The Xeno ban stays.

On the topic of the regular two day ban. I want you to read our rules carefully. This is your last chance to play the game like everyone else on the server and adhere to the rules. The next offense will result in a permanent server ban.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572858

JJG wrote:You got a xeno ban a week ago from Psykz for essentially baiting marines to kill you as larva. The ban had expired for a bit more than a day when you yet again die as larva on the frontline despite having spawned in a safe location far away.
99% of our playerbase does not have this issue. They rest as larva and evolve, it takes like 1 minute.

The Xeno ban stays.

On the topic of the regular two day ban. I want you to read our rules carefully. This is your last chance to play the game like everyone else on the server and adhere to the rules. The next offense will result in a permanent server ban.
Alright, thanks. Didn't get it, I still have permaban for xenmorphs?
JJG
Byond Username: JJG

Post by JJG » #572861

Yes
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572867

JJG wrote:Yes
How can I get rid of it, then? It would be nice if we agreed on a temporary one, look at the situation from different angle: I played for xenos less than an hour after my 7-day ban expired, died because I distracted and got permaban again. This is too exaggerated I guess.

Even for a double lethal FF with a full understanding of responsibility, you can get a much shorter bantime here, you can avoid punishment altogether, as with Pette, it's cringe.
Last edited by artilljeristus on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #572868

e