[Closed] Jack7D1 - Hi!

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Jack7D1

Byond Username: Jack7D1

[Closed] Jack7D1 - Hi!

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:58 am #573109

Hello! I'm Jack7D1!
I'm a Tgstation player for almost a year now! I play with a preference for our Roleplay servers, and I truly do enjoy the community here.
I'd put headmin elections as one of TGstations strongest qualities, as many other servers can end up with singular head admins who strong arm the community into places they don't want to be.
Personally I go with the flow, you need not ruin your enjoyment with drama or the like. After all half the enjoyment I find from SS13 is the community itself.
Having friends, both in game and out of game is crucial to enjoy this place to the fullest!

Personal Policies:
  • bees are cool and should be treated with utmost respect
  • Unlike what I presume is going to be just about every other candidate, I do not plan to make any sweeping changes out the gate. My goal is to help give back to the community what I can by simply helping the servers run smoothly administration wise and the like.
  • I believe Tgstation stands out among the other servers, with rich roots and a flourishing open source codebase. As well as having a functional, not bloating ruleset. I plan to keep it this way.
  • Rule 1 is sufficient for all intents and purposes regarding being a jerk. Words should be words unless you're being mean about them.
  • Codebase and Admins should be seperate! Let coders be coders and admins be admins, while this is mostly how things work now it is important to maintain this seperation. Code shouldn't influence the administration of TGstation or vice-versa.
  • Don't be too serious. This is a games community for funny spaceman! We need not punish people with mountains of bureaucracy! Don't get too angry, take things with a grain of salt; this is the internet after all.

Endorsements:
If not me, vote for these guys! They either have proven to be very great in the past or show great promise!
  • RaveRadbury - Trains extraordinare
  • Plapatin - Game Master wants to play tf2 instead of ss13, based
  • Bobbahbrown - Bee (Being good bee)
  • oranges - orange
  • Naloac - Lepi!
  • Expect this list to expand as more people enter the election!

Even if you don't vote for me, or dislike me in general, I hope you have a great day and thank you for reading!
Space Station 13 is a fantastic and whimsical game that has brought me great joys, and I hope it continues to do so for you too.
Last edited by Jack7D1 on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Jack7D1 - Hi!

Postby MortoSasye » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 am #573113

Hello, glad to see a player running.

I have a question for you. How would you handle the admin team? Do you want to aproach them as a leader, boss, or as a fellow admin?
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Jack7D1

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:24 am #573118

I've had a brief amount of time as a Trial admin, and I feel that acting as a Leader would be best. Of course I'd rather act as a normal admin but that won't help much.
The lot is just normal people. Nothing horrifying about them, of course some get too big for their britches, but that's drama stuff.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Postby Armhulen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:33 am #573122

Failing trialmin means a hard no from me, especially with the campaign of keeping most things the same. Valid campaign, but cannot be run and make sense as someone in your circumstances
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:40 am #573123

Why were you deadminned? If it was for personal reasons just say so, but otherwise I think you should be forward about it. If you didn't understand our rules well enough (assuming thats the reason), why should you be the person who decides them?
Naloac wrote:Since you have asked for a *community opinion* and im the player voted admin. Ill give you my official opinion straight from the *community* Your fucking retarded

bobbahbrown

Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Postby bobbahbrown » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:44 am #573126

to clarify: i have no intention of running for headmin in this term or in any

ive seen the toll that the headmin role has on people and its not something id like to encounter

Jack7D1

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:54 am #573130

I was briefly a trialmin however for drama reasons I ended up failing. It's served as a good learning experience for me.
Also, thanks for considering Armhulen!
Bee, you are endorsed simply for being bee. Do not worry

Swept

Byond Username: Swept

Postby Swept » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 am #573166

Jack7D1 wrote:I was briefly a trialmin however for drama reasons I ended up failing. It's served as a good learning experience for me.
Also, thanks for considering Armhulen!
Bee, you are endorsed simply for being bee. Do not worry

"drama reasons" isn't really a full answer. Can anyone provide context on what he did to get deadminned from trial?

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:27 am #573172

The only people who can reasonably provide answers are the current headadmins, and given we're picking their replacements, it would be politically dodgy for them to share more information only now, in light of them thinking it appropriate to share less information before.

So it's very unlikely you would find out more than was deemed appropriate in the original staffing log post unless Jack7D1 intends to reply with more information and they do not have to.

Fishing for answers from third parties is therefore inappropriate, and anyone who posts speculation and or evidence who *isn't* a headadmin will suffer serious censure and I would strongly urge the headadmins to not provide more information than they previously did in the staffing log, since that would essentially be interference.

This means the only person who really has to decide how honest they want to be is Jack, and you're free to draw whatever conclusions from what they share, or choose not to share when you vote.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:16 am.
Reason: offtopic

Blurbo

Byond Username: Blurbo

Postby Blurbo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:54 am #573243

imagine failing trialmin and shilling oranges,fucking cringe
blurbo,professional (more) retard

OH MY GOD ITS ALL CONNECTED, BLURBO IS USING BIP TO POST ORANGES PROPAGANDA AND TURN PEOPLE INTO STRIPESOCKS SO THEY CAN GET FREE CODE LABOR

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:30 am.
Reason: this is not the hut, substantial comment is expected

Jack7D1

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:33 am #573275

Not even I know the full reasoning behind it. Drama reasons is actually the full extent of my knowledge.

PostThis post was deleted by Cobby on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 pm.

Flatulent

Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Postby Flatulent » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 am #573501

if you could determine the reasons by analysing your behaviour, that would provide a great boon to your headadmin bid
without further explanation as to why you got deadminned, can you tell us why would you make a great pick for headman position?
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

Jack7D1

Postby Jack7D1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 pm #573650

After reaching the milestone of my tenth accidental IC in OOC in one month I have decided to drop out of the Election, pleading insanity.
Vote Lepi

Return to Player's Headmin Election