[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by bobbahbrown » #572969

Bottom post of the previous page:

its that time of the year again

who will win

who will ignore my candidate debates

who will get the host vote

you decide

(if you wish its also a good idea to post your predictions and ideal lineups below)

(you could also reflect on how you felt this term was in relation to past terms, do you want more terms like it?)

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown

Re: [OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by bobbahbrown » #573271

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:As the Headmins you’ll be in charge of all sixtyish admins...
dorsi there are over 100 people with admin permissions...

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #573276

bindy's fireaxe image made me fucking laff
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #573277

Naloac wrote:
oranges wrote:why are they punching HG, I don't get it
its meant to be boomers not HG!!
If you have to explain it, perhaps it's not the most effective piece.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #573287

how he mistook that for HG in the first place confuses me
its not an image of an old presumably naked woman
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #573297

terranaut wrote:how he mistook that for HG in the first place confuses me
hg has that avatar on discord

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #573298

bobbahbrown wrote:
terranaut wrote:how he mistook that for HG in the first place confuses me
hg has that avatar on discord
oh yeah now that you mention it

im retard
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #573327

Reeeee wrote:imma apply again just to make people salty
Where's your campaign thread? You're pure words and no action.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573349

Seeing how naive a lot of these zoomer candidates are makes me think that we really fucked up by not being transparent enough with the adminning process
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #573374

Player candidates have always been bad
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #573381

you think they are bad because they are not Sybil players
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573390

Flatulent wrote:you think they are bad because they are not Sybil players
I think they are bad because they understand the admin team less and as such make insane suggestions

also, a good portion of them are usually hated by the admin team. Like, why bother?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #573396

Armhulen wrote:also, a good portion of them are usually hated by the admin team. Like, why bother?
from what i can tell a lot of people like this think being disliked by the admin team is because they have some deep understanding of how things really work and the admins don't like hearing the truth when in reality they're disliked by the admin team for being really annoying and stupid
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573400

Qbopper wrote:
Armhulen wrote:also, a good portion of them are usually hated by the admin team. Like, why bother?
from what i can tell a lot of people like this think being disliked by the admin team is because they have some deep understanding of how things really work and the admins don't like hearing the truth when in reality they're disliked by the admin team for being really annoying and stupid
genuinely true but people will disagree!
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #573401

Jack7D1 wrote:I have intention to legalize ERP.
from cringe to cursed in one sentence
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #573417

A guy who was still permabanned only 25 days ago is now telling a former headmin that he doesn't do enough for this community and should be purged.

Fuckin' incredible.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #573418

Misinformed as the complaints and the people making them may be, when you recruit new people at a snail's pace, and a decent portion of the existing admin team is scarcely active yet elects to hang around mainly to stir up drama and influence decisions made by actually active admins, I'm not sure how resentment isn't the expected outcome.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #573421

We brought on approximately 15 new admins this term.

Correction: 17 new admins.

Chocodemon
davethwave
Hamboy
Dankasaur
SuicidalPickles
Jimjom
Jack7d1
Bigfatbananacyclops
Mailbox
ArcaneDefence
Dragomagol
Arcanemusic
Sylphet
Coffeedragon16
Misdoubtful
Dreathtil
Tegun
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573422

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:Misinformed as the complaints and the people making them may be, when you recruit new people at a snail's pace, and a decent portion of the existing admin team is scarcely active yet elects to hang around mainly to stir up drama and influence decisions made by actually active admins, I'm not sure how resentment isn't the expected outcome.
Case in point, this is one of those poorly-informed zoomer things I was talking about earlier
Spoiler:
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #573427

I count one who is inactive due to life circumstances, two returning from previous adminship, and one who got fired.
How many were stuck in candidacy for an extended period of time?
How many candidates did you deny during the same period of time?
Overall, is 17-"ish" additions over half year, when you flub the numbers to include the above, impressive for a server with this level of activity?
PKPenguin321 wrote:
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:Misinformed as the complaints and the people making them may be, when you recruit new people at a snail's pace, and a decent portion of the existing admin team is scarcely active yet elects to hang around mainly to stir up drama and influence decisions made by actually active admins, I'm not sure how resentment isn't the expected outcome.
Case in point, this is one of those poorly-informed zoomer things I was talking about earlier
Am I misinformed that you've connected ~30 times in the past several months, or did I touch a nerve and you might possibly fit the description of the group of admins I mentioned?
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #573437

capn_monkeypaw wrote:We brought on approximately 15 new admins this term.
Words
for context
chocodemon by wubli

daveth by exavere

hamboy by me

danksaur by exavere

pickles retired but was trained by Nervere

Jimjom by me

jack7d1 by rave but failed his trial

big fat bananacyclops by me

mailbox by me

arcane by exavore

dragomagol by exavere

sylphet by rave

coffeedragon by armhulen

misdoubtful by rave

dreathtil by rave

tegun by me

all of these people bar 3 where trained by new trainers, and pickles just re jannied to dab on the admin team with an even faster speed run
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573438

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Am I misinformed that you've connected ~30 times in the past several months, or did I touch a nerve and you might possibly fit the description of the group of admins I mentioned?
No, you were misinformed about the other thing. Not going after you or bashing on you or whatever, I'm just saying. And I am very aware that I don't connect very much and it doesn't bother me, so I seriously hope you didn't think that was a zinger.

Also, just curious, what would your ideal amount of admins in a year be? Or admins per month.
Spoiler:
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #573442

PKPenguin321 wrote:Also, just curious, what would your ideal amount of admins in a year be? Or admins per month.
More.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #573443

The more admin transparency the better imo. Not to a debilitating degree, but small things such as showing what each headmin voted and now who adminned who, it’s honestly pretty humanizing; makes it harder to imagine some banbot hivemind. You guys should do that more, cool one naloac.
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573445

wesoda25 wrote:The more admin transparency the better imo. Not to a debilitating degree, but small things such as showing what each headmin voted and now who adminned who, it’s honestly pretty humanizing; makes it harder to imagine some banbot hivemind. You guys should do that more, cool one naloac.
I do also get curious about this but I think there are two problems, those being firstly that if you know that others will see how you vote, you might change your vote because of that, and secondly that it would inevitably stew up pointless drama because of course it will. That said I don't think I would mind sharing who I vote for and the same probably holds true for several others, so you could probably just ask around.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573447

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Also, just curious, what would your ideal amount of admins in a year be? Or admins per month.
More.
Hahahaha uomo nooooooo
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #573448

capn_monkeypaw wrote:A guy who was still permabanned only 25 days ago is now telling a former headmin that he doesn't do enough for this community and should be purged.

Fuckin' incredible.
whats up bro you talking about me
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573499

RiskySikh wrote:
capn_monkeypaw wrote:A guy who was still permabanned only 25 days ago is now telling a former headmin that he doesn't do enough for this community and should be purged.

Fuckin' incredible.
whats up bro you talking about me
Our post permabanned player is looking to redeem.
Trying to become headmin on a complete dream.
So the policies were shit
He's unwilling to admit
Nobody will vote for his godawful scheme!
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #573500

what the fuck

rave isn't a girl

and that new profile pic is disgusting
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #573502

if you had an attraction to lizard pfp you are a shit
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #573504

PKPenguin321 wrote:I do also get curious about this but I think there are two problems, those being firstly that if you know that others will see how you vote, you might change your vote because of that, and secondly that it would inevitably stew up pointless drama because of course it will. That said I don't think I would mind sharing who I vote for and the same probably holds true for several others, so you could probably just ask around.
I meant headmin votes on appeals and what not, uphold or don't. Making admins share who they vote for seems shitty.
[this space reserved]
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #573507

Flatulent wrote:if you had an attraction to lizard pfp you are a shit
shut up you fart sniffing bee
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #573508

they want to fuck a pony
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573509

Space Panda wrote:
shut up you fart sniffing bee
I will try to explain the best I can by song
your attraction to creepy reptiles is strong
so with this post i pray
your infatuations go away
because you are far past seeing them as wrong!
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #573510

i wasn't attracted

i just... had a different idea about them :cry:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #573525

Space Panda wrote:i wasn't attracted

i just... had a different idea about them :cry:
answer my curiosity, why didnt you pick a furry server to stick (your cock) in
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573529

what in the goddamn hell are you talking about
Spoiler:
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #573538

I think it's about Panda fantasizing to smash anything that has legs. At least the original uncursed pfp has been restored, again.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #573540

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:I count one who is inactive due to life circumstances, two returning from previous adminship, and one who got fired.
How many were stuck in candidacy for an extended period of time?
How many candidates did you deny during the same period of time?
Overall, is 17-"ish" additions over half year, when you flub the numbers to include the above, impressive for a server with this level of activity?
No one is flubbing numbers. We hired on 17 new admins.

Two admins "returning from previous adminship" are still two more active admins than we had beforehand.

And yeah, some didn't work out. That's normal.

That doesn't mean that we didn't make 17 additions to the admin team.

As for admins stuck in candidacy, TWAT created a calendar early in the term to make it easier to keep on top of everyone's training schedule. I think they did an excellent job of it.

How many did we deny? I can't think of more than five.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #573542

Are we really hurting for new admins at this point? AHelps seem to be answered quickly enough and there's usually at least one admin active throughout the day, if not more: do you really need more than that?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #573546

I agree. I think the catlover is exaggerating a bit, 17 additions in a single term is pretty impressive to be honest. More doesn't always = better.

Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #573562

I will win the election
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #573568

EOBGames wrote:Are we really hurting for new admins at this point? AHelps seem to be answered quickly enough and there's usually at least one admin active throughout the day, if not more: do you really need more than that?
That's mainly because they are keeping on top of recruitment, there are plenty of admins retiring or getting busy in real life for a while so the number of active admins will slowly decrease over time without new blood. Trial admins bring a lot of enthusiasm into the team and often times you'll get a bunch of trialmins doing the heavy lifting while game admins often pace themselves better to avoid burn out.

Recruitment will always be a rolling process, if someone is interested in becoming a admin it's usually enough if you're a helpful regular who seems to know a lot about the game and has no obvious flaws on their record in recent history. Some would also say it helps to be a friend with a admin which isn't strictly wrong, but mostly the process is about someone saying "what about this ckey?" followed by no one else saying "fuck no, that ckey is a shitter." Basically about seeming trustworthy.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #573571

Gigapuddi420 wrote:
EOBGames wrote:Are we really hurting for new admins at this point? AHelps seem to be answered quickly enough and there's usually at least one admin active throughout the day, if not more: do you really need more than that?
That's mainly because they are keeping on top of recruitment, there are plenty of admins retiring or getting busy in real life for a while so the number of active admins will slowly decrease over time without new blood. Trial admins bring a lot of enthusiasm into the team and often times you'll get a bunch of trialmins doing the heavy lifting while game admins often pace themselves better to avoid burn out.

Recruitment will always be a rolling process, if someone is interested in becoming a admin it's usually enough if you're a helpful regular who seems to know a lot about the game and has no obvious flaws on their record in recent history. Some would also say it helps to be a friend with a admin which isn't strictly wrong, but mostly the process is about someone saying "what about this ckey?" followed by no one else saying "fuck no, that ckey is a shitter." Basically about seeming trustworthy.
Of course I'm not saying to stop recruiting, I understand that it's somewhat of a revolving door situation: that said, my point is that we don't need to expand recruitment beyond that, since current numbers are handling it fine.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #573572

Space Panda wrote:what the fuck

rave isn't a girl

and that new profile pic is disgusting
:sad:
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #573579

determining when to bring on new admins is very easy

look at admin activity time graph and when the top end starts to plateau that's when you bring on new admins

new admins always have very high time compared to existing admins during their trial and don't have nearly that amount after their trial normally as a consequence

ezpz ill send an invoice later

EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #573583

bobbahbrown wrote:determining when to bring on new admins is very easy

look at admin activity time graph and when the top end starts to plateau that's when you bring on new admins

new admins always have very high time compared to existing admins during their trial and don't have nearly that amount after their trial normally as a consequence

What if we made bee an admin?
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573585

If our little adminbus is to thrive
We dont need a recruitment drive
Just ALWAYS find
The best of mankind
And hopefully reject no more than five!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #573589

EOBGames wrote:

What if we made bee an admin?
Bobbahbrown's backstory is one of pain
Tragic disaster, and an admin slain
Now's the time
To forgive the crime
For now I think he'd remain!
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #573651

vote Lepi
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #573658

Agux909 wrote:At least the original uncursed pfp has been restored, again.
My old avatar is my github avatar which is Ray Bradbury but I did some filters to him.

This is my discord avatar.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #573661

RaveRadbury wrote:
Agux909 wrote:At least the original uncursed pfp has been restored, again.
My old avatar is my github avatar which is Ray Bradbury but I did some filters to him.

This is my discord avatar.
I meant Panda's avatar, not yours