Super EMP SM Delam

A place to record your ideas for the game.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Super EMP SM Delam

Post by SkeletalElite » #572968

I'm not sure what the triggering conditions could be, it could be the new effect for what the tesla used to be if the PR that re adds the tesla doesn't pan out or it could be something else.

Basically the idea is the entire station Z level gets hit with a super EMP. Considering the alternative to this is a singulo it's got to have some special stuff baked in to make sure it's round ending.

I was thinking a selection of or all of the following:

ALL power on the station completely drained, APCs, cells, guns, borgs, everything.
Powered Equipment has an RNG chance of exploding. Explosion size could be RNG as well or somehow determined by power amount
Machinery (even depowered stuff) has a chance of breaking, could be baked into the explosion RNG.
Pieces of wire have a chance of becoming fried/unusable, requiring replacement.
Equipment that generates power has a higher chance of being affected by the equipment damage/explosions

Basically the idea is to end the round in 2 ways.
1) Almost Irreparably destroy the powernet
2) Cause a decent amount of direct damage dotted around the station with equipment explosions.

One problem with this delam though is it will be a little difficult to get the comms console powered up to call the shuttle after this happens and obviously the AI can't call it since the power is completely drained from the sat. Won't be a problem if it's called before the delam but could be a problem if no one manages to call it. Not sure what the solution to that should be if there should even be one at all.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Super EMP SM Delam

Post by wesoda25 » #572973

Maybe high energy high pressure creates tesla, and high energy low pressure for emp? Or vice versa.
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #572990

I've done supermassive EMPs as an admin event before and it is way more destructive that you might expect, so I think this is actually a great idea for a delam effect. Could even have it be multiple EMP bursts, like 5 quick ones.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #573032

PKPenguin321 wrote:I've done supermassive EMPs as an admin event before and it is way more destructive that you might expect, so I think this is actually a great idea for a delam effect. Could even have it be multiple EMP bursts, like 5 quick ones.
AI, borgs and beepskys alike fear that day.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #573035

EMP is boring why not super rads? like the sm turns into decayed sm with 8k rads each pulse and you have to use special equipment to dispose it if you want engi to not be chernobyl and the sm explosion gives rads to anyone outside of maint
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #573039

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:EMP is boring why not super rads? like the sm turns into decayed sm with 8k rads each pulse and you have to use special equipment to dispose it if you want engi to not be chernobyl and the sm explosion gives rads to anyone outside of maint
Actually I do quite like the idea of having to do SOMETHING to the remains of the supermatter after it delammed. You can't tell me that a shard which produces near infinite power and literally dusts anything it touches or interacts with it leaves nothing behind other than a little tiny hole with best case scenario.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #573360

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:EMP is boring why not super rads?
Please experience a supermassive EMP before you post your false assumptioms about it
Also, what the fuck? There are people that think radiation is a fun mechanic?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #573376

I think some sort of delam where the sm ejected a beam (maybe several) in a random direction, quasar beam type shit, would be cool. Could radiate and heat things in its path, or some kind of emp effect, or something else.
[this space reserved]
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #573505

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Please experience a supermassive EMP before you post your false assumptioms about it
instantly dying when you have a lot of mechanical organs isn’t in fact a fun mechanic
it’s like ion rifle but you die if you are anywhere near the station
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #573657

Flatulent wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
instantly dying when you have a lot of mechanical organs isn’t in fact a fun mechanic
The SM literally puts messages when its about to delam, if you powergamed at robotics or needed an organ replacement you can just take the public shuttle to lavaland until after the delam.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #573699

Flatulent wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
that is the *price* of having mechanical organs dude
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #573768

oranges wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
that is the *price* of having mechanical organs dude
while having mechanical organs is supposed to have a drawback in the form of EMPS, so far all of them have been localised. When meeting a funny man who you know possess means to emp you, you always had an option to run away, avoid or disarm him in case he has an ion rifle, if you didn’t consider to do this in case you have mechanical organs, you deserve to die for not taking care of your main weakness. You had a crippling weakness and others exploited it. This is good gameplay.
but now you would add a very epic unavoidable emp that has global range and the only thing you can do about it is change Z-level. No weaknesses exploited - just some guy decided to do an emp Delam and you happen to have cybernetic organs
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #573801

It's not like people have roundstart cybernetic organs. (It'd be a cool quirk though) As a med main I don't typically have to start replacing organs until 30-ish minutes in, and by that point upgraded cyber organs are usually researched which makes EMPs bad, but not deadly. I know next to nothing about engineering, but I'd imagine that someone would notice if you were trying to speedrun an EMP delam.