[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by bobbahbrown » #572969

Bottom post of the previous page:

its that time of the year again

who will win

who will ignore my candidate debates

who will get the host vote

you decide

(if you wish its also a good idea to post your predictions and ideal lineups below)

(you could also reflect on how you felt this term was in relation to past terms, do you want more terms like it?)

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [OFFICIAL] Headmin Election 12 Peanut Thread

Post by Stickymayhem » #574481

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Imagine finding it hard to refrain from using slurs oocly
Imagine having a TOTALLY REAL AND TRUE identity so fragile someone calling you "dude" or "bro" off-hand makes you go through a suicide crisis

Edit: every community that has admins decide to take a stance against "slurs" and "harassment" has these rules devolve into a bludgeon to oppress community members who are both bigoted AND too stupid to take that shit elsewhere
ftfy

sorry for your oppression that must be hard
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574482

bigot (noun) - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

How does using slurs make one bigoted? Doesn't context matter at all anymore and is common sense all gone? :roll:

Using slurs doesn't automatically mean that somebody is automatically intolerant or outright hates group X.

Edit: The real bigots are the ones who are taking away other peoples' ability to express themselves, because they are intolerant towards those opinions.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #574484

Istoprocent1 wrote:bigot (noun) - a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

How does using slurs make one bigoted? Doesn't context matter at all anymore and is common sense all gone? :roll:

Edit: The real bigots are the ones who are taking away other peoples' ability to express themselves, because they are intolerant towards those opinions.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/slur wrote:slur
noun [ C ]
US /slɜr/
slur noun [C] (INSULT)

words intended to insult someone or injure someone's reputation:

"He apologized for shouting an ethnic slur at a fan."
Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574485

Space Panda wrote:Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Thats the beauty of online interactions - anyone can choose to be anything. You actually can choose to not reveal information about yourself, if you are sensitive about it.

If somebody saying a random slur triggers one to the point, where they are unable to cope with it, then they probably should seek professional help rather than force everybody else act in a certain way.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574486

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Space Panda wrote:Yeah, imagine being intolerant towards someone who is insulting you for something you didn't get to choose about yourself.
Thats the beauty of online interactions - anyone can choose to be anything. You actually can choose to not reveal information about yourself, if you are sensitive about it.
yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574487

Space Panda wrote:yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Are you the representative of your kind? Why do you take a random person's opinion to heart to extent, where you have to feel offended? Somebody states a fact that 13% are doing 50%+ violent crimes and you have to get upset and be like: "RACIST, HE IS BIGOTED AGAINST MY KIND!"
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574488

Stickymayhem wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Imagine finding it hard to refrain from using slurs oocly
Imagine having a TOTALLY REAL AND TRUE identity so fragile someone calling you "dude" or "bro" off-hand makes you go through a suicide crisis

Edit: every community that has admins decide to take a stance against "slurs" and "harassment" has these rules devolve into a bludgeon to oppress community members who are both bigoted AND too stupid to take that shit elsewhere
ftfy

sorry for your oppression that must be hard
I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574489

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Space Panda wrote:yes, just pretend online you're something else and you won't get offended by people insulting your kind

nice logic dude
Are you the representative of your kind? Why do you take a random person's opinion to heart to extent, where you have to feel offended? Somebody states a fact that 13% are doing 50%+ violent crimes and you have to get upset and be like: "RACIST, HE IS BIGOTED AGAINST MY KIND!"
It is bigoted when you bring up the 13%/50% info to shame black north-americans without trying to properly discuss the causes of those numbers.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574490

Super Aggro Crag wrote: I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Give us some examples, craig. And how are those communities similar to /tg/13?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574491

Space Panda wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:

nice logic dude
It is bigoted when you bring up the 13%/50% info to shame black north-americans without trying to properly discuss the causes of those numbers.
We can agree to disagree.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574492

Space Panda wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: I've seen it happen in multiple communities. It starts with outspoken people. Then, once they run out of easy targets, they still need to justify their position so they start going after people who didnt cheer them on hard enough when they were doing the first purge. Always ends up in a purity spiral where whoever didn't clap hard enough like a trained seal is the next on the chopping block. Eventually you end up with a community of feckless sadbrain leeches who have driven out anyone who doesnt exist in a constant state of panic and anxiety, and they spend the rest of their days alternating between posting microwaved-six-times takes, picking fights with whoever didnt laugh hard enough at "people who disagree with me are stupid", and starting gofundmes and demanding everyone donate because they're AT RISK, DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE LESS FORTUNATE
Give us some examples, craig. And how are those communities similar to /tg/13?
Something Awful, ResetERA, Rpgnet, every digg Ever. Spaces for nerds to talk about nerd shit get taken over by IDPOL grifters and maniacs and for all the talk of equity and inclusion it seems a certain subset of humanity is relegated to only being included to be a punching bag and grovel for forgiveness of people who died 200 years ago.

We have a rule. The rule is "don't be a dick." If someone is being a dick, ban them. That's sufficient. Making your platform "i am going to make new rules to ensure we hunt down everyone who thinks bad" makes me think you're going to tilt at windmills and be a detriment to the health of the community
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574494

Super Aggro Crag wrote:We have a rule. The rule is "don't be a dick." If someone is being a dick, ban them.
This is already a slippery slope. Bigots in power can find anything that doesn't line with their thoughts and opinions to be dickish and people getting purged.

A better solution could be code one - say an optional checkbox for those who need it to filter no-no words. Oh shit, there is already an option - "Ignore user". :roll:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574495

You're losing your mind in strawmans here. I know that's your entire personality but I'm going to clarify for anyone sane reading. This isn't directed at crag specifically.

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. You can be a a fucking nazi for all I give a shit. There are countless places online that have turned into safe spaces for hate speech. As a counterpoint, when you don't moderate speech at all like /tg/station tends towards, you slide towards eliminating worthwhile contributors and members who don't want to share a space with bigots, and the result is you filter for a higher percentage of bigotry, look at 4chan, 8chan, many right-wing subreddits, hell even fucking here. You all have a million places to discuss your garbage ideas. Slurs and bigotry are not required to enjoy SS13. Not even a little bit, there is no benefit to having them.

I have spent the last two weeks arguing with people about this, and have never heard a single actual benefit to maintaining slurs other than "It filters out the less edgy people and we want /tg/station to stay edgy" and mad fan fictions about the transmin cabal destroying your game in a few months because we all got high on power. There are plenty of detriments in lost players. I don't give a fuck if you don't want to move closer to the mainstream. A community needs growth or it atrophies and dies, and we've only seen the positive benefits of the waves of interest we've had recently. You're a selfish baby throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't want normies joining the kool kids klub if this is you're opinion.

If you think that we'll all go crazy and hunt down every bigot for thoughtcrimes, that's your head canon you enjoy it. I don't care what you think, I just don't want you to talk about genociding people, white supremacy, hate towards people for shit they were born into and your hot takes on racial IQ in OOC while im playing a fucking space game. None of that is inextricably linked to SS13, none of it makes the game better, and you have plenty of places to discuss it outside of a dumbass video game.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574496

You think contributors want to stay around a server where at any moment some goober can get a hair across their ass, dox them, and get them banned? I got banned for "harassing" some dipshit janny who i never once even talked to because the banning admin had an angry boner against me because I revealed his boyfriend was sending me notes telling me to kill myself over discord when he was trying to get his polish sausage fuckbuddy unbanned.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #574497

Allowing it to happen because there are possible non-malicious uses gives cover to those who use it maliciously. There's also the loss of community and creative input from those that would leave or never even considering joining the community that allows those slurs.

The community growth, creative input etc. that we lose by allowing these slurs is much higher than those who will leave because we don't allow the slurs.

If not being allowed to slur means you now don't like /tg/station and leave then I say you are no loss to /tg/, there are others and more who will take your place because those slurs aren't allowed.

Also, Crag what you are saying can be used with any rules we have. Harassing will be against the rules even if such words are not banned so I'm afraid it's not really an argument against banning said words.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #574498

Super Aggro Crag wrote: snip
Don't missunderstand. I don't defend either edge case. I'm talking of course mostly from my personal view, culture and experiences here. Truth is I've never felt even the most minuscule need to say a gamer word to anyone, and neither the need to censor or attack others saying them casually from time to time, in non-obnoxious ways of course.

So while I don't support shitty heavy handed stances on the matter such as goof's, I do support lighter ones such as Coconut's, which lean more towards context and meaning behind what's said.

And also, while we all know context matters and targeted harrasment is a big no-no, if 7/10 of the words you say are these so popular "gamer words" everyone knows people make a big fuss about nowadays, or racist phrases as Sticky pointed out up there, it tells you're looking for the wrong kind of attention and outcomes, and you should be approached and told to tone the fuck down.

After all, when typing, you have time to think about what you're about to send, and there's a million other ways to convey your thoughts other than being such an obnoxious piece of work.
Last edited by Agux909 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574499

These phantom stormfronters Stickymayhem is chasing in OOC aren't community members, they're edgy dipshit 15 year olds wandering in from Sseth's videos or the hub and when they start being dumb OOC is muted and they get banned under a rule we already have. I find it a bad faith argument that we need to remove "unironic ironic fascists" from the same guy who has his avatar wearing a fucking Schutzstaffel cap for years. Its just okay when Sticky does it?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574500

Super Aggro Crag wrote:You think contributors want to stay around a server where at any moment some goober can get a hair across their ass, dox them, and get them banned? I got banned for "harassing" some dipshit janny who i never once even talked to because the banning admin had an angry boner against me because I revealed his boyfriend was sending me notes telling me to kill myself over discord when he was trying to get his polish sausage fuckbuddy unbanned.
That has nothing to do with anything. We all wanted that shit out of adminbus and it's gone now. It had nothing to do with bigotry one way or the other, they were just cunts who never should have held any position of power.
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #574501

Sticky, you have to be more specific about people this terribly bigoted,racist and mysoginistic community has driven out because of these qualities. Okay, Ninja once had some meltdown and apparently it was over some meanies wordies on discord, or something, but we'll need more than that to give that hypothesis some basis. I can't help you with that, burden of proof and all, but having spoken with people who won't touch this server wit 10 meter pole, bigotry was certainly not the major reason, but that's merely me and my anecdotal experience.
I do remember though how certain youtube persona known for being "haha based" and thinly veiled racist and antisemitic jokes brought thousands of people to try the atrophic and slowly dying game in wave of scale never seen before. But maybe I remember wrong.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574502

Super Aggro Crag wrote:These phantom stormfronters Stickymayhem is chasing in OOC aren't community members, they're edgy dipshit 15 year olds wandering in from Sseth's videos or the hub and when they start being dumb OOC is muted and they get banned under a rule we already have. I find it a bad faith argument that we need to remove "unironic ironic fascists" from the same guy who has his avatar wearing a fucking Schutzstaffel cap for years. Its just okay when Sticky does it?
You know what, someone made me this avatar half a decade ago and I found it funny. It's an example of actual irony because I was called a nazi during my headmin terms and I stuck with it because leaning into that was funny. It's frustrating that actual nazis have ruined jokes like this, but irony poisoning is real and my profile picture is no longer acceptable.

My opinion on this has changed, and you're damn right, this isn't consistent, I've changed where I stand on hatespeech, mocking or not, so I'm going to change it.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574504

Too late, Sticky is a confirmed fascist and a nazi synthesizer. :lol:
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574505

based stucky
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574506

I dont want this community flooded with Sam Hyde Gamer Word Boys but I also don't want an Anti-Gamet Task Force kicking in everyone's doors and summarily executing them in the street. Is it possible to find a middle ground?

Also thank you for changing your avatar.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #574507

Yes, middle ground. Well defined and less vague middle ground though.

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574509

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I dont want this community flooded with Sam Hyde Gamer Word Boys but I also don't want an Anti-Gamet Task Force kicking in everyone's doors and summarily executing them in the street. Is it possible to find a middle ground?

Also thank you for changing your avatar.
I'm hoping that this is that middle ground. I agree with you on more than you think. I'm obviously a soyboy leftist and I'm in plenty of leftist communities, and I'm usually the edgiest there, I bump up against censorship and it frustrates me. I don't ever want anything like that to happen here, and I've never been one to agree with unfettered admin power with no accountability.

More than anything and more important than freedom to slur, is the freedom to challenge authority here, the freedom to treat admins like shit if you and not have to deal with "disrespect" rule bullshit. Moderators should be accountable, to each other, to the host and most importantly to the people they're moderating. I will never infringe on that.

Also I stuck a new badge on my hat. I'm claiming this is temporary but knowing how lazy I am it'll be another 5 years before it changes again
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574510

Agux909 wrote:Yes, middle ground. Well defined and less vague middle ground though.
The middleground should be "hey, you can discuss anything as long as you are not actively trying to harass others". A few edgy jokes or slurs from time to time shouldn't become an instant removal or a ban lottery.

Why would talking about racial differences be any different than talking about religion, identity politics or lifestyle choices like eating habits, mining crypto, mining chocolate or other sensitive topics?
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #574511

Also I stuck a new badge on my hat. I'm claiming this is temporary but knowing how lazy I am it'll be another 5 years before it changes again
Fuck the police tho
Last edited by Agux909 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574512

Stickymayhem being based??? Redpilled??? Nice

Also but lets agree to preemptive ban every Head of Security main for being a cryptofascist
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574513

Agux909 wrote:Fuck the police tho
Banned. Why you hefta be bigoted? :D
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574514

this
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574515

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Banned. Why you hefta be bigoted? :D
Pigoted
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #574516

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Also but lets agree to preemptive ban every Head of Security main for being a cryptofascist
One of my chars mains HoS, but he's not shitsec. Also, I don't put it on high priority either, always medium (but get it 8/10 of the times anyway). Does that count???

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #574517

Agux909 wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
One of my chars mains HoS, but he's not shitsec. Also, I don't put it on high priority either, always medium (but get it 8/10 of the times anyway). Does that count???
heads are prioritized over normal jobs
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574523

Stickymayhem wrote: Also I stuck a new badge on my hat. I'm claiming this is temporary but knowing how lazy I am it'll be another 5 years before it changes again

pm me for commission price
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #574524

Space Panda wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: Also I stuck a new badge on my hat. I'm claiming this is temporary but knowing how lazy I am it'll be another 5 years before it changes again

Oof it looks so bald without a hat though
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574525

Space Panda wrote:

This is messed up. I hope you understand the hypocrisy of what you are preaching, Panda.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574526

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Space Panda wrote:

This is messed up. I hope you understand the hypocrisy of what you are preaching, Panda.
redpill me on antifa
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574527

They're a terrorist organization
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574528

Super Aggro Crag wrote:They're a terrorist organization
terrible, what did they do
Last edited by Space Panda on Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #574529

Space Panda wrote:redpill me on antifa
When somebody expresses opinions that don't line with yours, its bad and bigoted. When you push your political views, thoughts and opinions onto others, then its all good. Either all extremism should be okay or none of it should be okay. Imagine the uproar, when somebody shopped a nazi armband onto the character.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #574530

Space Panda wrote:redpill me on antifa
Let's ignore any actions antifa have done for a moment and focus on how the group probably likes socialism/communism. Doesn't matter which in this instance.

Alright, now here's the problem:
Space Panda wrote:pm me for commission price
bruh don't you mean US or WE for the commission price? why is there even a price? this is just failrp no matter what political lenses you view it through, bro
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574531

Space Panda wrote:
Well they've started a race war in my country for the past few months and are executing people in the street and committing arson which if you support that i'm going to have to mark you as "cringe as fuck"
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574532

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
Well they've started a race war in my country for the past few months and are executing people in the street and committing arson which if you support that i'm going to have to mark you as "cringe as fuck"
woah, that must suck. what country do you live in?
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574533

Ayy Lemoh wrote: bruh don't you mean US or WE for the commission price? why is there even a price? this is just failrp no matter what political lenses you view it through, bro
don't worry you'll get 5%
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574534

Space Panda wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
United States of America
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #574535

Super Aggro Crag wrote: United States of America
[youtube]vVmiaOSCzD0[/youtube]
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574536

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
United States of America
Spoiler:
[youtube]gZb972MVSUg[/youtube]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #574538

So you support the actions of terrorists? Pretty cringe bro.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #574539

"I'm not racist, but these rules would be used to silence anyone who disagrees!"
"Actually, it's just a fact that despite making up 13% of the population..."

Every time.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #574540

ah yes, politics of the united states
claims of terrorism, and unruly crime rates
janitors cry
moderate they try
because the thread was lost to primates!
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #574541

should we make a peanut thread for this peanut thread