Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Post by SkeletalElite » #575098

Place's like the armory and maybe even the cap's office should start with plasteel reinforcements like the vault door does. I think this is a really under used feature and could make tiding a little harder.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Post by terranaut » #575105

the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #575109

if someone is breaking into the armory it means sec already failed their job, 1 plasteel door, 2 plasteel doors, it wont matter
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575110

terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward
is that true?
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #575134

terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward
It's not impossible to break into just makes it take more than a few seconds to get the door open and makes it so you gotta prepare. Right now anyone with a pair of wire cutters and a crowbar and break into caps office and steal AA within minutes. At least you gotta get a few more resources if you want to break into the supposedly most lucrative places on the station, instead of just the usual you use for literally everything else except the vault.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #575140

exactly. why does everything have to be anti-fun nowadays? it's like you hate action and excitement and want a job simulator and chatroom because you understandably don't want to die and sit out for 20 minutes
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #575172

It’s not banning you from doing it, it just makes it more difficult since no one wants to change the test on one door and now you have pseudo all access for a majority of the map
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #575187

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
is that true?
Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575196

EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
is that true?
Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.
Oh, I see!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #575461

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
is that true?
Oh, I see!
If you've ever wondered why the armory is always exposed to space on just about every map even though thats a major security hazard - this is why.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #575468

I don't know how I've missed this but I am of the opinion that all nonpublic airlocks should have their security raised by 1. And yeah this makes secure airlocks to get upgraded to plasteel, while all other non-public get upgraded to metal

Make tiders/antags struggle for wanting to hack into areas they don't have access to. It's slower, riskier and may make things more annoying, but at least it isn't a 3 click task once you know the wires. And it also brings more appeal to use other faster and less quiet/free methods.

Also, everyone seems to forget there is an easier way if you dont want to hack, deconstruct or blow up a hole with c4, which is: break apc, then crowbar the airlock.

EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #575571

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
is that true?
Oh, I see!
If you've ever wondered why the armory is always exposed to space on just about every map even though thats a major security hazard - this is why.
Part of me wonders if this rule might need re-evaluated for planetstations a la icebox, just since you've mentioned it.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #575604

i think super angry crag knows that the station is supposed to have holes in it from a security perspective for the sake of antagonists
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #575826

cacogen wrote:i think super angry crag knows that the station is supposed to have holes in it from a security perspective for the sake of antagonists
Never hurts to mention it again for the sake of everyone else, since a lot of people don't know this is the case with maps.
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #576017

I feel like this is an issue already solved by randomized departmental wires.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #576021

Arcanemusic wrote:I feel like this is an issue already solved by randomized departmental wires.
No, that was only part 1/3 of the assistant supernerf-to-the-ground masterplan. This is just the beginning.