JagreenLern
Byond Username: JagreenLern

[Sylphet] JagreenLern- 1 hour ban for ick ock with no warning

Post by JagreenLern » #575180

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Manuel
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: JagreenLern
Admin: Sylphet
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 145808
Detailed summary: I was trying to kill the malf AI with a bomb when I was put into crit by an electrified grille. After several minutes, I noticed that no one seemed to realize my body was in space outside of engi, so I sent an ahelp. After several minutes with no reply, I sent another ahelp. Again, no reply. After several more minutes I got fed up and mentioned that I was floating dead in space in OOC. Sylphet then promptly banned my from OOC chat. About a second later they also banned me from the server for an hour. I understand the ban from OOC chat, but a ban from the server afterwords, for ick ock, after minutes of total silence, seems excessive and arbitrary.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [Sylphet] JagreenLern- 1 hour ban for ick ock with no warning

Post by NikNakFlak » #575184

Typically IC in OOC/OOC in IC bans scale and you've two infractions in the past.
Going from 15 minute ban in the past to a 60 minute ban is about par for the course honestly. The OOC ban is for 6 hours and excludes you from OOC for about a day's worth of playing.

It isn't really a big deal one way or the other if that kind of ban is applied. It's not really an overstep or an understep and is just what Sylphet felt was best.
These bans can also be applied without warning although it might be in the best interest to PM someone. Just because you don't get your adminhelp answered, doesn't mean you can break the rules.
JagreenLern

Post by JagreenLern » #575186

I'm not sure if I can really go on playing on /tg/station at this point. A few admins and coders sort of dogpiled on me on the discord for making this complaint and now I'm worried I'll be on their shitlist. Do you think that will be a problem?
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #575188

I got a phone call and had to go AFK for a minute. You ahelped specifically asking to tell someone where your body is. This isn't something that we do. I come back to my computer. I sit down and I read the ticket. Then I see this in OOC.
OOC: JagreenLern/(Lurks-Between-Stars) "I'm dead in space outside of engi" (Engineering (92,124,2))
This is not minor ick ock, like accidentally saying something in ooc that was meant for IC. You intentionally went out of your way, when not getting saved by an admin after dying, to ick ock telling everyone where your body is. This is abusing OOC to get an IC advantage that players who follow the rules don't have.This is now the third time that you've been talked to about ick ock. You know that it's bad, you're an experienced player with 700 connections. You did it anyway. You broke a rule and got banned for it.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
JagreenLern

Post by JagreenLern » #575189

Sylphet wrote:I got a phone call and had to go AFK for a minute. You ahelped specifically asking to tell someone where your body is. This isn't something that we do. I come back to my computer. I sit down and I read the ticket. Then I see this in OOC.
OOC: JagreenLern/(Lurks-Between-Stars) "I'm dead in space outside of engi" (Engineering (92,124,2))
This is not minor ick ock, like accidentally saying something in ooc that was meant for IC. You intentionally went out of your way, when not getting saved by an admin after dying, to ick ock telling everyone where your body is. This is abusing OOC to get an IC advantage that players who follow the rules don't have.This is now the third time that you've been talked to about ick ock. You know that it's bad, you're an experienced player with 700 connections. You did it anyway. You broke a rule and got banned for it.
Sorry, honestly I just got frustrated. I'd had admins help me get my corpse found before and sorta assumed it was the norm. I think it would have been better if you had warned me before the server ban, but that's your call. Honestly at this point I'm more bothered by the response from a few of the people on this discord than by the ban.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #575900

IC in OOCing is against the rules, and seeing as how you had a previous note for this an escalation in ban time is appropriate.

IC in OOC is typically handled with the first offense being a note, second incident being a 15 minute ban and increasing from there if it continues.

We see nothing wrong with Sylphets actions here and are not upholding this complaint.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.