Politics Containment Shit Show

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Politics Containment Shit Show

Post by wesoda25 » #575485

Discuss.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Politics Containment Shit Show

Post by Armhulen » #575492

I don't think enough people know the incident to talk about it...
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575495

Guess I’ll go then. Whole situation is, as the title suggests, a fucking shit show. I think there was pretty obvious instigation on both sides, paired with over reactions which just made it about something it shouldn’t have been. I don’t think a kick or a short ban is out of the question, something to force them to cooldown, but a flat-out ban from the discord comes off as... unfair?

Still though, it being addressed to you and not hulk is odd to me. Something else I don’t get, whats with the desire to delete politics-containment? Does that have any support or legitimate discussion from those with the power to do so?
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #575497

looks like dumb shit that got out of hand, I don't really take anything that goes on in politics containment seriously.

It somewhat functions as intended serving as a place for people to pop off about current issues in their usual cheerful inflammatory fashion and for every other channel is a place to send people who can't resist trying to discuss the latest thing Trump did.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #575500

I haven't heard any support, maybe Carl? It's my own belief that politics containment doesn't need to exist, and the man is currently banned because this moment happened:

"It's very fucking telling that the one guy on the admin team who was quite nice and listened to everyone up and dies and while everyone's sad about that armhulen comes in here and has to dance around on the grave."

No mention of ordo before this point, this is completely ludo and obviously upsetting for anyone who cared about ordo

So now that we see it's in two parts, I dont feel I was wrong for reporting the ordo accusation to mods and I don't feel my discussion about the channel's deletion was admin abuse, or even in the correct area. I am a player as well, people should go through player reporting avenues (discord mod ping, exactly what I did) if they want to bring into question my actions as a player

The complaint has no weight but the damage is done as multiple admins now think I spat on ordo's grave and there is little I can do but plead my case
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575506

Yeah this is just cringe Ordo’s name shouldn’t be dragged into such petty squabbles and it’s dagoths fault for that. I don’t think it’s really appropriate to make a spectacle out of it or attract anymore attention so I’ll just lock this. If mods want to delete they can.