Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

[armhulen] #politics-containment, repeated rule 1 violation

Post by Stan_Studnick » #575438

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: #politics-containment
Admin: armhulen
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary:
On several occasions armhulen felt it was a good idea to wade into an ongoing discussion in #politics-containment channel on the Discord server to rile it up, brow-beat it, and otherwise harass everyone minding their own business. While full of low-brow bullshit, the channel is an open forum for political discussion from all avenues and served as a crossroads and containment and is the opposite of an echo chamber in spite of the allegations. Previously, on two separate occasions, Ordo and I had private conversations regarding the importance of such a place and in particular the vital need for some of the regular visitors to get a dose of opinions contrary to their own.

I am now banned for bringing this up, though I did so out of anger and without the due diligence that would have done our departed friend justice. He would be disappointed in me for acting like a moron in public. That disappointment is my own cross to bear, but this is not an appeal to remove my justified ban. I deserved it. This is a formal complaint against the person who, when faced with the truth, cried to the other problem children with colorful names despite creating the whole situation in the first place.

For those of you who read what I actually typed, not some second-hand or curated nonsense, and were angered I would ask you to consider why you feel that way. I stand by every word I said, even the wrong ones, and because of that I must stand by the feeling in my gut and follow through with this complaint. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Stan_Studnick on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [armhulen] #politics-containment, repeated rule 1 violation

Post by oranges » #575440

What are you actually complaining about.
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #575441

oranges wrote:What are you actually complaining about.
That armhulen abused a position of power to harass and threaten an entire channel. I'm sorry if I was not crystal clear on that, that seems to be something of a problem I'm having tonight.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #575446

Please use the template provided here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=166

(Yes, this also applies to Discord complaints)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #575448

Arianya wrote:Please use the template provided here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=166

(Yes, this also applies to Discord complaints)
The complaint has been edited to comply with the template requirements.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575452

Stan_Studnick wrote:
That armhulen abused a position of power to harass and threaten an entire channel. I'm sorry if I was not crystal clear on that, that seems to be something of a problem I'm having tonight.
You should probably provide some evidence of that then, or indicate when it occurred so the headadmins can see for themselves
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #575453

oranges wrote:
Stan_Studnick wrote:
You should probably provide some evidence of that then, or indicate when it occurred so the headadmins can see for themselves
Fortunately the nature of the complaint indicates where it happened, so despite being banned and unable to gather that evidence, (preventing access to somewhere is, in fact, the whole point of a ban) the headmins and all other interested parties are already aware of the when and where this happened.

You knew all of that already, though. After all, several people were banned and kicked for openly disagreeing with what had happened and you were the one who kicked a few of them.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #575481

After sleeping on it, I think this should be given to discord mods instead of an admin complaint, because I did not use any of my powers. Now, he is speaking of my position, and not my powers... but I myself also said multiple times in politics containment that I had no power to delete channels (that would actually be admin abuse). If I wanted and also had the power to remove politics containment, I would.

Tl;dr for the press: I did not use my admin rank for anything, I should be tried as a player

And the next logical conclusion for the moderation team: I do not think discussing deleting a channel in said channel is a palpable issue

I'll be up soon. If this complaint is still up and not handed to discord mods, I'll grab some screenshots that prove I was arguing in good faith for the deletion, and not threatening it
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #575530

Logs for context:
I pruned them to include messages by armhulen/ogremancer and jixijenga/danger/stan_studnick as well as others for context:
Spoiler:
[9:07 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: remember when i said this channel was going to get deleted
[9:07 AM] Jixijenga: @Ogremancer is Pretty Good! still waiting
[9:08 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: @Jixijenga things are coming along well
[9:08 AM] Cosmonaut Cartilag: @Ogremancer is Pretty Good! How does it feel to be strangling TG?
[9:08 AM] Cosmonaut Cartilag: :mowthink:
[9:09 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: @Cosmonaut Cartilag
[9:09 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: idk what you're talking about
[9:09 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: /tg/ isn't this channel
[9:09 AM] Jixijenga: This channel shouldn't be your concern then lmao
[9:09 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: it won't
[9:09 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: when it's gone off the face of the earth...
[9:09 AM] Jixijenga: No, Ogremancer is being retarded.
[9:10 AM] KomradeSpectre: fucking delete it
[9:10 AM] KomradeSpectre: go ahead
[9:10 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: i wouldn't do anything that could have any recourse when i can just let it happen bros
[9:10 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: same as last time
[9:10 AM] Jixijenga: I double dog dicks in your ass and mouth dare you to delete this channel and watch what happens.
[9:10 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: your honor, they called me a pussy and told me to do it. there was nothing i could do
[9:11 AM] Jixijenga: You'll have no place for people to talk politics and it'll spill into everywhere else which will make the new rule change even worse. When that happens I will laugh because you faggots cannot fucking help yourselves.
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: I'm being proven right, I said all this shit anyway.
[9:12 AM] KomradeSpectre: @Ogremancer is Pretty Good! Hey, if you're just coming in to agitate, you can shove your own head up your ass and roll out of here.
[9:12 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: i'm not
[9:12 AM] Leon Varcas: i require this channel to not go completely insane
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: Quite a coincidence.
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: Ogre came in here
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: what
[9:12 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: i told you guys i'd give updates on the channel deletion thing, don't get worked up!
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: two days after Ordo died?
[9:12 AM] Jixijenga: To gloat.
[9:14 AM] Jixijenga: It's very fucking telling that the one guy on the admin team who was quite nice and listened to everyone up and dies and while everyone's sad about that armhulen comes in here and has to dance around on the grave.
[9:14 AM] Jixijenga: Yeah, fucker, I can see through your bullshit. @Ogremancer is Pretty Good!
[9:14 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: @Jixijenga is it?
[9:14 AM] Jixijenga: Yeah.
[9:15 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: i don't like you disrespecting ordom by insinuating it was some kind of plot
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: Considering that Ordo and I talked about this very thing not too long ago.
[9:15 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: please don't bring him up to insult me
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: I don't like you period.
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: Go fuck yourself.
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: No, it isn't.
[9:15 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: don't like me, but don't disrespect ordom
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: I'm not.
[9:15 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: you are
[9:15 AM] Jixijenga: You son of a bitch.
[9:15 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: one second??
[9:16 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: you brought up the guy, i told you to stop, then you said i was corpse shielding
[9:16 AM] Jixijenga: No, that would just be crass of you.
[9:16 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: this is why this channel should be deleted, you guys made the arguments yourself. that was very disrespectful for the guy
[9:16 AM] Jixijenga: You can tell me to stop, but I'm not going to reverse myself. I believe everything I'm saying right now because I talked to Ordo about this very thing and then when he was gone oh wow look who it is, armhulen coming in to stir shit.
[9:16 AM] Jixijenga: So go fuck yourself.
[9:17 AM] Jixijenga: And the horse you rode in on, you Grimace grape looking piece of shit.
[9:17 AM] Gwyn: Fondly remembering Ordo for being willing to give the people here a listen and talking to them in good faith is not disrespectful in my eyes
[9:17 AM] Jixijenga: Yeah.
[9:18 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: i'm reporting danger to discord mods, it's unacceptable for him to treat ordo like that
[9:18 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: that's all it's gonna be
[9:18 AM] Jixijenga: Do it.
[9:18 AM] Leon Varcas: i like this channel but y'all are acting like ogre fucked your wife and slapped you with his glove
[9:18 AM] Cosmonaut Cartilag: @Ogremancer is Pretty Good! We'll report you back for the same shitter
[9:18 AM] Jixijenga: I'm not disrespecting anyone.
[9:19 AM] Jixijenga: I will not undo this statement:
Ordo was a firm believer in challenging discourse and he said this channel is important, because echo chambers are bad because they stifle thought and encourage insular, limited thinking. He made sure I never forgot that too.
[9:19 AM] Jixijenga: So report me @Ogremancer is Pretty Good!
[9:19 AM] Jixijenga: I fucking dare you.
[9:19 AM] Jixijenga: Delete the channel while you're doing it too.
[9:19 AM] Save_Vatznick: weren't ordo and @Jixijenga like good friends?
[9:19 AM] Jixijenga: Yes.
[9:20 AM] Dumbass, Goose: @Jixijenga please fuck off
[9:21 AM] Dumbass, Goose: You're using a dead man as some kind of bullshit cudgel against the admins
[9:22 AM] Jixijenga: "A bullshit cudgel" is a stupid way to put what I said. I was just remembering today that Ordo predicted shit was going to get worse and worse and told me to cool it months ago. Be more open minded, so I was, and that was the first step in understanding Cynic's point of view on stuff.
[9:22 AM] Jixijenga: And then this puple faggot comes in
[9:22 AM] Jixijenga: "GUESS WHAT, HAHA"
[9:22 AM] Jixijenga: I brought up Ordo.
[9:23 AM] Jixijenga: And yeah, I am actually mad on the internet right now.
[9:25 AM] Dumbass, Goose: @Cosmonaut Cartilag I ain't the one using someones death to insult
[9:25 AM] Jixijenga: I'm not using it as an insult.
[9:25 AM] Jixijenga: Ordo's death wasn't anything but a fuckin' tragedy you stupid son of a bitch.
[9:25 AM] Ogremancer is Pretty Good!: @Dumbass, Goose i knew eventually someone was gonna have the audacity to go there but i still wasn't ready for it
[9:25 AM] Jixijenga: You're just white-knighting for this cocksucker coming in here to stir shit.
After this, arm left the channel and jixjenga got banned. Let me know if I missed anything.
Last edited by Denton on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #575533

Only thing I'd add for context is that when I say Danger I'm referring to stan stud. I was saying their discord nickname
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575572

Administrators are under no requirement to pretend they like you, or your favourite discord channel.

This complaint is laughable and should be closed immediately.
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #575576

oranges wrote:Administrators are under no requirement to pretend they like you, or your favourite discord channel.
No part of this complaint is about either of those irrelevant things, oranges.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #575598

I really hope I'm not peanut-posting when I suggest this.

Wouldn't this whole thing be a non-issue if one of the involved parties simply blocked the other?
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #576446

We recognize that the word of admins can by nature tend to carry more weight in regard to discussions such as the potential deletion of a channel. While armhulen did not abuse the tools of his position we believe his actions pushed the boundaries of acceptable admin conduct.

Administrators should not be making posts like this which can rile up a channel:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
We have talked to armhulen about his conduct and have asked he refrain from doing this in the future. This complaint is upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Uphold.
TWATICUS: Uphold.