Bottom post of the previous page:

hets please leave this is a gay server now

thank you
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #575556

VexingRaven wrote:I can't help but notice all the people crying that this is going to EMBOLDEN CERTAIN BAD PEOPLE carry a certain political viewpoint which is incredibly obvious no matter how hard they try to hide it and make it seem like a genuine unbiased concern for the server...
funny how that's always the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #575560

Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #575570

Saying nigger, nigga, or any other variation ingame is an instant ban in Lifeweb. Constantly saying it in the discord is also a way to get kicked/banned from the discord.

Let that sink in.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575573

DrPillzRedux wrote:Saying nigger, nigga, or any other variation ingame is an instant ban in Lifeweb. Constantly saying it in the discord is also a way to get kicked/banned from the discord.

Let that sink in.
This is entirely fair, but I think that's less Randy/Hydrated being a soul particularly compassionate towards the plight of African-Americans and more that Lifeweb has a much, much harsher enforcement of immersion and roleplay rules.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #575574

I have archived this thread so I can repeatedly repost it in 5 years time to the OP whenever they disagree with me on anything
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575577

you won't be alive in 5 years
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #575578

why is everyone making huge posts
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575580

Jack7D1 wrote:why is everyone making huge posts
why aren't you an admin anymore
YuiY1997
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Post by YuiY1997 » #575582

Okay but bigotry should be allowed against the british
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #575583

YuiY1997 wrote:Okay but bigotry should be allowed against the british
[youtube]zVGPPMpXPA8[/youtube]
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575584

YuiY1997 wrote:Okay but bigotry should be allowed against the british
[this space reserved]
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #575586

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YuiY1997
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Post by YuiY1997 » #575587

Jack7D1 wrote:
Sheodir wrote: why aren't you an admin anymore
I didn't want to
ok jack we believe you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575589

i believe him too
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575590

That's a shame I loved you man
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575592

[youtube]zAnQg7uFQCI[/youtube]
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #575599

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you won't be alive in 5 years
saved in my long term archives
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575600

seriously tho oranges try not to die
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #575602

Death by Snu Snu
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #575611

Skelus wrote: This is every hobbyist community right now, all while they insist the slippery slope is a fallacy and they don't want to control you, simply be a "decent human being" and you wont feel the bootheel for the next week.
I honestly just hate this. I don't care if the changes that occur is ultra benevolent for the greater good or some shit - the slippery slope "fallacy" isn't really much of a fucking fallacy anymore these days so it's definitely fucking real. If someone disagrees then please explain how communities on the internet have gradually changed. If the oldguard of a community are racist bigot scum spawns of chaos that need to get out then how were they removed in the first place if there is no such thing as a fucking slip-n-slide slope? I'm pretty sure that slippery slope situations have even happened in real life when it comes to real laws, even changing society for the better perhaps.

It's straight up a fucking manipulative lie, no matter the moral intentions behind it. I'm pretty sure that it's only rarely a fallacy these days like that theory of how "bruh, catpeople gonna degenerate /tg/station" was once a thing when that clearly hasn't happened.

Really, I'm not fucking joking - if this is literally just a fallacy and nothing else then explain how internet communities changed besides "people change" or some really simple crap that is vague.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #575619

I'm kind of wondering if that's really worth replying to because in many ways it really is that simple. Times change and the overall attitudes people have shift to reflect the new "normal". What was once a wild west slowly get gentrified as communities decide they don't have to put up with some of this shit and tell people to knock it off. In most communities I wouldn't even call it a conspiracy or power play, it typically comes from efforts to improve the community as people complain to leaders maybe because they got upset or are thin skinned, but all the same the real question slowly start to pop up "Why do we have to tolerate this shit?". Inevitably people consider the freedom to express ourselves; okay, it shouldn't be unlimited because harassment is real shitty and you don't want some perv forcing their fetish on someone they are fixated on. You consider why do you tolerate racism within the community? Some of those jokes are funny and at times it's highlighting just how stupid those people can be... only they are standing around in the same community shouting their genuine hate for niggers. Just how far do you tolerate it?

Previously it would be like "well whatever, that's the internet for you. Just don't let it bother you." People who were bothered might still report it, god knows I told some people in my time (a relative short while ago in /tg/ history) that we didn't police speech so just kill them in game or whatever. Point is that it was bothering some people and that in turn makes the idea of well "why put up with it" more palatable until eventually there aren't enough old guard to stick to the idea of keeping it around for freedom of expression alone. I couldn't say we're any more or less racist then we used to be, just that the tolerance for it has worn thin and people who wouldn't pipe up about it before are more vocal about getting something done. If someone as based as MSO can finally throw his hands up in the air and go with the flow I'm not really sure what more there is to say besides hope you can convince him otherwise. If the admins enforce it poorly who knows, it might get revoked so consider looking hard at when you do apply such a ban.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #575622

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Skelus wrote: This is every hobbyist community right now, all while they insist the slippery slope is a fallacy and they don't want to control you, simply be a "decent human being" and you wont feel the bootheel for the next week.
I honestly just hate this. I don't care if the changes that occur is ultra benevolent for the greater good or some shit - the slippery slope "fallacy" isn't really much of a fucking fallacy anymore these days so it's definitely fucking real. If someone disagrees then please explain how communities on the internet have gradually changed. If the oldguard of a community are racist bigot scum spawns of chaos that need to get out then how were they removed in the first place if there is no such thing as a fucking slip-n-slide slope? I'm pretty sure that slippery slope situations have even happened in real life when it comes to real laws, even changing society for the better perhaps.

It's straight up a fucking manipulative lie, no matter the moral intentions behind it. I'm pretty sure that it's only rarely a fallacy these days like that theory of how "bruh, catpeople gonna degenerate /tg/station" was once a thing when that clearly hasn't happened.

Really, I'm not fucking joking - if this is literally just a fallacy and nothing else then explain how internet communities changed besides "people change" or some really simple crap that is vague.
get yoted upon turbonerd, fear of change only makes things worse
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #575624

Gigapuddi420 wrote:I'm kind of wondering if that's really worth replying to because in many ways it really is that simple. Times change and the overall attitudes people have shift to reflect the new "normal". What was once a wild west slowly get gentrified as communities decide they don't have to put up with some of this shit and tell people to knock it off. In most communities I wouldn't even call it a conspiracy or power play, it typically comes from efforts to improve the community as people complain to leaders maybe because they got upset or are thin skinned, but all the same the real question slowly start to pop up "Why do we have to tolerate this shit?". Inevitably people consider the freedom to express ourselves; okay, it shouldn't be unlimited because harassment is real shitty and you don't want some perv forcing their fetish on someone they are fixated on. You consider why do you tolerate racism within the community? Some of those jokes are funny and at times it's highlighting just how stupid those people can be... only they are standing around in the same community shouting their genuine hate for niggers. Just how far do you tolerate it?

Previously it would be like "well whatever, that's the internet for you. Just don't let it bother you." People who were bothered might still report it, god knows I told some people in my time (a relative short while ago in /tg/ history) that we didn't police speech so just kill them in game or whatever. Point is that it was bothering some people and that in turn makes the idea of well "why put up with it" more palatable until eventually there aren't enough old guard to stick to the idea of keeping it around for freedom of expression alone. I couldn't say we're any more or less racist then we used to be, just that the tolerance for it has worn thin and people who wouldn't pipe up about it before are more vocal about getting something done. If someone as based as MSO can finally throw his hands up in the air and go with the flow I'm not really sure what more there is to say besides hope you can convince him otherwise. If the admins enforce it poorly who knows, it might get revoked so consider looking hard at when you do apply such a ban.
based pudding
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #575626

the internet in general is more open to more people and it's easier to get on it without being a fucking turbonerd than it was even ten years ago, never mind the days like the early-mid 2000s when places like somethingawful and fark were the big thing

the internet is no longer populated exclusively by geeks and edgy college kids that grew up watching south park and thinking it was the pinnacle of funny, and the standards of what is considered acceptable have changed with it which shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who understands that you can get away with making different kinds of jokes when you're having a few beers with your buds than you can get away with shouting out loud in a fucking arby's
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #575630

To absolutely nobody's shock nothing has really changed on the servers aside from a few idiots being yeeted for screaming about how much they hate minorities.

So I'd say this change was a success.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575634

Vekter wrote:To absolutely nobody's shock nothing has really changed on the servers aside from a few idiots being yeeted for screaming about how much they hate minorities.

Except the people screaming antifa horseshit in OOC now, yeah.

I mean you could have gotten rid of those people without changing the rules just by banning them for being a dick and taking the server off the hub since those sort of goobs only show up on the stinky pub container hells from what I've seen.
Garth Radar
Byond Username: Garth Radar

Post by Garth Radar » #575638

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Vekter wrote:To absolutely nobody's shock nothing has really changed on the servers aside from a few idiots being yeeted for screaming about how much they hate minorities.

Except the people screaming antifa horseshit in OOC now, yeah.

I mean you could have gotten rid of those people without changing the rules just by banning them for being a dick and taking the server off the hub since those sort of goobs only show up on the stinky pub container hells from what I've seen.
Crag is so based, you could station an army inside of him.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575639

I'm late for the "what about blackface characters" policy thread but what about actual blackface characters? As in, characters literally designed to look like they're wearing blackface

Only appearance-wise, without bigoted behaviour or anything

I mean like this
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575640

Why do you have a screenshot of that? In my opinion it should be an ic Issue, make them valid for people to beat up and arrest and dock their pay and make them visit the psychiatrist for sensitivity training.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #575642

Gigapuddi420 wrote:I'm kind of wondering if that's really worth replying to because in many ways it really is that simple. Times change and the overall attitudes people have shift to reflect the new "normal". What was once a wild west slowly get gentrified as communities decide they don't have to put up with some of this shit and tell people to knock it off. In most communities I wouldn't even call it a conspiracy or power play, it typically comes from efforts to improve the community as people complain to leaders maybe because they got upset or are thin skinned, but all the same the real question slowly start to pop up "Why do we have to tolerate this shit?". Inevitably people consider the freedom to express ourselves; okay, it shouldn't be unlimited because harassment is real shitty and you don't want some perv forcing their fetish on someone they are fixated on. You consider why do you tolerate racism within the community? Some of those jokes are funny and at times it's highlighting just how stupid those people can be... only they are standing around in the same community shouting their genuine hate for niggers. Just how far do you tolerate it?

Yeah, I can accept that as an answer. It makes sense even if the tl;dr could just be interpreted as "people change" since there's some explanation for it.
IkeTG wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote: words words words
get yoted upon turbonerd, fear of change only makes things worse
Yeah, change happens however I hate it when it's disguised behind some jackass going "bro, your predictions of the future will never happen" then it happens. bruh.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #575643

BONERMASTER wrote:Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.
this times a thousand.

Ned I've seen cow shit with more morality than you.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575644

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Why do you have a screenshot of that? In my opinion it should be an ic Issue, make them valid for people to beat up and arrest and dock their pay and make them visit the psychiatrist for sensitivity training.
I took it now on one of the empty EU servers as to not offend anyone

I'm asking because it's the character I've been playing for years
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #575645

Blackface appearance only is fine but be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a racist jab at blacks.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575646

lol
[this space reserved]
Skelus
Byond Username: Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575647

Grazyn wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Why do you have a screenshot of that? In my opinion it should be an ic Issue, make them valid for people to beat up and arrest and dock their pay and make them visit the psychiatrist for sensitivity training.
I took it now on one of the empty EU servers as to not offend anyone

I'm asking because it's the character I've been playing for years
How did you even manage to create that blackfaced creature. Also god bless.
Cobby wrote:Blackface appearance only is fine but be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a racist jab at blacks.
This had better be a bad case of satire so help me.
I play The Fuzz in between bouts of greytider fatigue
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575648

If ur roleplaying as a white guy acting like a minstrel in black face that's roleplaying as a stupid white asshole, it doesnt reflect upon black people.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #575649

Skelus wrote:
Cobby wrote:Blackface appearance only is fine but be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a racist jab at blacks.
If you play as a blackface character, then start talking in a stereotypical accent about stealing and loving chicken, you're getting bwoinked.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575650

FloranOtten wrote:
Skelus wrote:
If you play as a blackface character, then start talking in a stereotypical accent about stealing and loving chicken, you're getting bwoinked.
I know that's why I'm asking if the appearance alone is ground for bwoinking if you're otherwise acting like a normal person
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #575654

Mastering the art of hut posting really comes in handy in these troubling times.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #575655

It is fine for appearance only.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575657

Super Aggro Crag wrote:If ur roleplaying as a white guy acting like a minstrel in black face that's roleplaying as a stupid white asshole, it doesnt reflect upon black people.
what if the person doing it is black though is that racist then
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #575658

terranaut wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:If ur roleplaying as a white guy acting like a minstrel in black face that's roleplaying as a stupid white asshole, it doesnt reflect upon black people.
If black people in real life are involved then this is probably a complicated question that can be a very huge difference of opinion blah blah bla...

If someone makes a black spaceman with the afro/beard combination that looks like blackface then spraypaints their head with a black spraycan then is there really a difference if the spaceman was white? The difference is basically just whether or not that person can joke about having an excuse however that doesn't really mean much though.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575659

its easy to take this whole thing just a small step further than intended and suddenly it becomes ridicilous but somehow everyone expects everyone else to be able to tell where that line is and whats ridicilous and what isn't and what's ok and what isn't. it's why i think trying to turn this into a rule is dumb and will just lead to asshurt down the line, on all sides. i dont really think "this guy said he loves tg because he can say fuck niggers" makes this rule a necessity, you can just rule 1 these retards and laugh at them in the appeal and nobody who's reasonably sane will care.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575660

Cobby wrote:Mastering the art of hut posting really comes in handy in these troubling times.
Cobby I liked your post because you said something wrong but you weren’t being serious
Last edited by wesoda25 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #575662

I like your post too despite the misspelling
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575664

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
terranaut wrote:
If black people in real life are involved then this is probably a complicated question that can be a very huge difference of opinion blah blah bla...

If someone makes a black spaceman with the afro/beard combination that looks like blackface then spraypaints their head with a black spraycan then is there really a difference if the spaceman was white? The difference is basically just whether or not that person can joke about having an excuse however that doesn't really mean much though.
That was my previous character and I didn't have any admin issues, I received a lot of IC harassment in the form of "LOOK AT THAT JIGABOO" "WUSSUP NIGGEST NIGGA" though. Strangely enough, the harassment suddenly disappeared once I switched to albino+spray.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575665

Sorry I will correct that now.
[this space reserved]
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575669

FloranOtten wrote:
Skelus wrote:
If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #575671

Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible
Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575672

XDTM wrote:
Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible
Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists
Critical race theory is being blasted into the heads of unfortunate government employees across the US and specifically cites things like "Hard-working attitude", "Holding oneself accountable" and "Desire for self improvement" as white traits that need to be dismantled.
You tell me where the white supremacist dogma is.