General SS13 Chat
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Rest in Peace, /tg/Station

Post by Grazyn » #575664

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:If ur roleplaying as a white guy acting like a minstrel in black face that's roleplaying as a stupid white asshole, it doesnt reflect upon black people.
what if the person doing it is black though is that racist then
If black people in real life are involved then this is probably a complicated question that can be a very huge difference of opinion blah blah bla...

If someone makes a black spaceman with the afro/beard combination that looks like blackface then spraypaints their head with a black spraycan then is there really a difference if the spaceman was white? The difference is basically just whether or not that person can joke about having an excuse however that doesn't really mean much though.
That was my previous character and I didn't have any admin issues, I received a lot of IC harassment in the form of "LOOK AT THAT JIGABOO" "WUSSUP NIGGEST NIGGA" though. Strangely enough, the harassment suddenly disappeared once I switched to albino+spray.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575665

Sorry I will correct that now.
[this space reserved]
Skelus
Byond Username: Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575669

FloranOtten wrote:
Skelus wrote:
Cobby wrote:Blackface appearance only is fine but be careful not to do anything that could be perceived as a racist jab at blacks.
This had better be a bad case of satire so help me.
If you play as a blackface character, then start talking in a stereotypical accent about stealing and loving chicken, you're getting bwoinked.
If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]
I play The Fuzz in between bouts of greytider fatigue
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #575671

Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible
Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575672

XDTM wrote:
Skelus wrote:Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible
Gee i wonder why anyone would think that /tg/ attracts white supremacists
Critical race theory is being blasted into the heads of unfortunate government employees across the US and specifically cites things like "Hard-working attitude", "Holding oneself accountable" and "Desire for self improvement" as white traits that need to be dismantled.
You tell me where the white supremacist dogma is.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #575674

Wait did this and the blackface policy discussion thread get merged or what
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575680

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Wait did this and the blackface policy discussion thread get merged or what
This is about IC blackface
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #575681

So is the other thread
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575683

Tarchonvaagh wrote:So is the other thread
This kind of blackface
Spoiler:
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #575684

It looks diabolic, like leatherface
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #575686

BONERMASTER wrote:Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.
yeah what the heck was that
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #575688

Jack7D1 wrote:
BONERMASTER wrote:Coming from the guy that wanted to extort the entire server by cutting his services, stepping down as admin and putting warning messages on his website, with intent to get one innocent user kicked out and removed from the community, that happens to offer the same service but more popular (and more functional). You should be blacklisted from setting foot in here, and it hits the nail right on the head that you're joining along with the moral people chorus.
yeah what the heck was that
lmao at least im not defending racist assholes
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575689

Nice ad hominem Ned really makes your argument seem well thought out and defensible instead of a spiteful tantrum by a fucking subby bottom fuckboy who thinks replying to sexts with "hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?" counts as a personality.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #575690

hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575691

Space Panda wrote:hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?
Lol
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #575692

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Space Panda wrote:hehe and then what do you do to me ;)?
Lol
don't just stare at me and laugh... :oops:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575693

*points at you and says eekum bokum*

Eekum Bokum!
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #575695

*turns into a flyperson*

s-so you'd prefer that I looked like this? :(

*drools*
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575696

*hangs strip of adhesive paper from the ceiling*
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #575697

*gets glued to the flypaper*

oh no, this paper is too sticky! Help me, Crag!
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #575698

Skelus wrote: If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
Is it unacceptable to spraypaint your face white as a black character and act as boring, productive, and well spoken as possible?
I can already see the Neue-adminstration, henceforth referred to as the soy-administration is already stumbling over giving us a defining line on muh big-o-tree and muh harassment and thats why this new rule is trash.
Frankly the timing of this shiny new rule reeks of social signalling on behalf of a dead multiple-felon.
Here at TG we care about [Progressive issue of the week] Thats why we are taking action against [Concept that makes trans-flag/hammer-and-sickle upset]
I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575699

Super Aggro Crag wrote:*points at you and says eekum bokum*

Eekum Bokum!
[youtube]P5MpLQ8TQcQ[/youtube]
actioninja wrote:
I should start making a tally for how many posts it takes for "reasonable posters concerned about censorship" to start posting blatant /pol/ tier garbage.
I didn't say anything
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575703

actioninja wrote:
Skelus wrote: If you can play blackface but cant make jabs at nogs while you do it then what is the difference between that and saying "lol fuck you nigger" or laughing at the expense of black crew IC.
this retard exists on both sides
there's "can we maybe not censor speech" and "can we maybe not say the n-word" as the reasonable people and then there's retards like skelus on the one side and retards who are gonna start foaming at every imagined and perceived slight like that clown who reported crags post
clearly the common enemy we have is retards
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575712

Space Panda wrote:*gets glued to the flypaper*

oh no, this paper is too sticky! Help me, Crag!
[youtube]_vfWu10WjDw[/youtube]

terranaut says the common enemy is retards...

you know who ELSE wanted to exterminate the retarded?

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575713

i'm going to exterminate crag
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575714

terranaut wrote:i'm going to exterminate crag
so much for the reasonable centrists :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #575716

Shouldn't the title be "rest in power"?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #575718

God dammit yall nerfed assistants I can't call seccies nigger anymore to bait them into maint and buckle cuff them
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #575720

who wants to erp with me
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #575721

Me, let's meet in dorms 4... jk unless...?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #575722

is this an erp thread now? :3
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #575726

Space Panda wrote:is this an erp thread now? :3
Yes ^w^
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #575729

one time i saw someone was being racist (not on tgstation) and i said he shouldnt do that so he apologized to me and then started telling me he didnt mean to be racist he just thinks that black people aren't human

i wish this was a joke
Limey wrote:its too late.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #575733

To be honest, I've been here a long fucking time and for a long time felt proud that we didn't need to introduce any type of ban of this nature mostly because a large portion of our population came from "old /tg/ and /v/" where offensive humour was common but there was an understanding it wasn't done with any hate or bigotry in mind, it was just dumb jokes that were sometimes funny and sometimes not and the very few people who drank the koolaid and went full in were pretty much shunned and mostly got lynched IC and OOC if they went full neo-nazi. Also to say we were an offshoot of /tg/ isn't really correct they hated us and banned our threads since atleast early 2011 urist was the tg ss13 server plus most of our players came from /v/ in Summer 2012

However things change the number of people who couldn't differentiate between crude jokes and real actual bigotry increased pretty much fucking everywhere on the internet and everything became a lot more polarised. Tgstation is no exception and imo there's way too many people drinking the fucking kool-aid last time I logged into the server I saw a fucking 3-4 page OOC argument about racemixing off all fucking things and multiple people screaming "nigger" in the comms not at anyone in particular just stupid shit like "I hate fucking niggers" with no context or IC interaction applied to it just a very poor attempt at edgy humour. I agree with the spirit of the new rule I feel it gives people the freedom to still use slurs in the context of in character interactions while removing the people who just like to scream slurs to piss people off.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #575734

terranaut wrote:
actioninja wrote:
this retard exists on both sides
there's "can we maybe not censor speech" and "can we maybe not say the n-word" as the reasonable people and then there's retards like skelus on the one side and retards who are gonna start foaming at every imagined and perceived slight like that clown who reported crags post
clearly the common enemy we have is retards
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #575737

Atlanta-Ned wrote:lmao at least im not defending racist assholes
So when you abduct and mail the remains of your competing employees to their families, will they die reassured, that it has really, absolutely nothing to do with their race?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #575738

roll d20 for racism level
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575741

Qbopper wrote:one time i saw someone was being racist (not on tgstation) and i said he shouldnt do that so he apologized to me and then started telling me he didnt mean to be racist he just thinks that black people aren't human

i wish this was a joke
black people are human
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #575747

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
the bee did nothing wrong
this type of behavior from players, admins, and coders is why this server is fucked, not because of an anti bigotry rule
you guys never want to listen to each other so you pull shit like this and act offended when you're all generalized as self-centered asshats
its one of two reasons why i barely play anymore, now im just another one of the people here to stir shit and make people upset so i can watch as you all implode
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575755

it must be quite upsetting for you to sit here as tg steadfastly refuses to implode as you wish it then?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575756

Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575757

well unless you signed yourself up to get CBT by being an admin or forum mod or something
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #575762

wesoda25 wrote:Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.
not if you're a coder
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #575763

iksyp wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote:
the bee did nothing wrong
this type of behavior from players, admins, and coders is why this server is fucked, not because of an anti bigotry rule
you guys never want to listen to each other so you pull shit like this and act offended when you're all generalized as self-centered asshats
its one of two reasons why i barely play anymore, now im just another one of the people here to stir shit and make people upset so i can watch as you all implode
whats the other reason WHATS THE OTHER REASON IKE WE HAVE TO KNOW
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #575766

wesoda25 wrote:Crazy fun fact: you can play the game and ignore drama.
well yeah but i want to be ~informed~
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Skelus

Post by Skelus » #575775

actioninja wrote:
I can make a tally until "JUST USE BASIC HUMAN DECENCY!!1!" but thats typically a null value.
And then you have atlanta-ned with "I may be a manipulative piece of shit but atleast i'm not a racist" unironically.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575776

Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #575778

Sheodir wrote:Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.
bobbah did some dodgey data management stuff with scrubby (minor, but a minor violation of it's users) and atlanta was unhappy and shut down the game stats pages in protest. Bobbah acknowledged his mistake and apologised and atlanta put the page back up.

The real drama was in the mean words everyone used the actual situation wasn't all that exciting and only heavily impacted admins, since it was their data primarily being mishandled and the statbus stuff is most heavily used by them

this is a massive oversimplification but it's the gist
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575779

I think the security thing was an equal concern for both players and admins, but yeah.
[this space reserved]
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #575780

Stickymayhem wrote:
Sheodir wrote:Can someone inform of this Atlanta Ned situation? I can't find anything on it.
bobbah did some dodgey data management stuff with scrubby (minor, but a minor violation of it's users) and atlanta was unhappy and shut down the game stats pages in protest. Bobbah acknowledged his mistake and apologised and atlanta put the page back up.

The real drama was in the mean words everyone used the actual situation wasn't all that exciting and only heavily impacted admins, since it was their data primarily being mishandled and the statbus stuff is most heavily used by them

this is a massive oversimplification but it's the gist
Thank you strange snail creature
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #575783

wesoda25 wrote:I think the security thing was an equal concern for both players and admins, but yeah.
thats fair, the specific misuse involved admin data but yeah it applied to everyone