adam peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

adam peanut

Post by Sheodir » #576065

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

No offense to the banning admin but it feels like they never played Bagil, you are totally entitled to beating someone onto crit for being in an office carrying high risk items and just flashing someone doesn't mean you're safe

Ironically the other thing they did (permanentlyu remove two people from the round for a chem dispenser and telling others not to heal them) is much more poignant
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: adam peanut

Post by Space Panda » #576066

Sheodir wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

No offense to the banning admin but it feels like they never played Bagil, you are totally entitled to beating someone onto crit for being in an office carrying high risk items and just flashing someone doesn't mean you're safe

Ironically the other thing they did (permanentlyu remove two people from the round for a chem dispenser and telling others not to heal them) is much more poignant
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 1 month - Seems to consistently over-escalate situations as a head of staff, even when the situation is already solved. I want you to really study up on how escalation works, it doesn't mean you can't defend yourself, it means you need to defend yourself in-kind to the threat at hand.
The admin didn't ban Adam just for putting the guy who supposedly broke into his office in crit. He banned for repeatedly over-escalating situations. The botany bombings also count.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #576077

Space Panda wrote:
The admin didn't ban Adam just for putting the guy who supposedly broke into his office in crit. He banned for repeatedly over-escalating situations. The botany bombings also count.
That's fair, but he is citing it as the leading incident and I heavily disagree with his perspective on the office break-in specifically.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #576078

Sheodir wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
That's fair, but he is citing it as the leading incident and I heavily disagree with his perspective on the office break-in specifically.
Adam is citing that as the leading (and only) incident, not Arcanemusic.

The leading incident would be the botany stuff, according to Arcane. All that stuff happened in the same round.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #576079

They shouldn't have left out the part where it ended up with the botanists all eating shit
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #576081

Space Panda wrote:
Sheodir wrote:
Space Panda wrote:
Adam is citing that as the leading (and only) incident, not Arcanemusic.

The leading incident would be the botany stuff, according to Arcane. All that stuff happened in the same round.
You misunderstand me - what is said is that whilst the ban is justified for past escalations (it is, for the botanics incident) the incident they were actually called for and are arguing in the thread is the office break-in, and what I'm interested in discussing. I do think the ban is warranted for the other stuff, but am interesting in talking about his interpretation of the office break-in incident, which the banning mod is citing in a vacuum.
Armhulen wrote:They shouldn't have left out the part where it ended up with the botanists all eating shit
He mentioned actually that both ended up just eating shit, and he straight up told Med not to rez them. That's definitely ban material.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #576088

If you mean that Arcane had enough reason to ban Adam but instead decided to wait until later to ban him after a lesser incident happened, and that this may seem a bit weird from different points of view, then yeah, you are correct.

It is a bit weird Adam didn't get banned from the get go, but for me it seems Arcane just didn't want to behave as a banbot and gave Adam the benefit of the doubt, choosing to observe him further, ultimately banning him after his continued shitty actions in that round.

I see nothing wrong with the ban. The reason IS the accumulation of multiple over-escalated situations, some done in bad faith, which might also be weighed by previous notes of similar past behavior.

1 month job ban, to be honest, is light punishment for this shitty behavior, since 1 or 2 days server ban for the ordering of round removal of the 2 botanists should be warranted by current rulings. Arcane's discretion was very forgiving.

Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #576090

There is nothing wrong with the ban. I might have failed to communicate it in the opener, but what I was referring to was more Arcane's interpretation of the office incident. The ban was well deserved for the other things, but in said thread, he tries to share his perspective on the office incident and that's where I go a little "???" personally. Even with the prior context, that is one case where the violence made sense, and someone saying that people are magically no longer threats when flashed is strange to me.

Specially when they're breaking in CMO's office.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #576091

Well yeah I agree that the office stuff by itself is not really worth a ban on it's own. If you mean that Arcane's opening statement "As a head of staff..." is kinda moot because it points to the second incident which is accepted behavior in LRP well, yeah, it kinda is. But they're also kinda right with their reasoning.

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #576155

Botanists were running wild since before i left, they deserve whatever is dished out to them because nobody will deliver on promises made to improve their department to bring it closer to a universal reagent manufactory without devoluted powers between both departments so they take it out on the station. Chemistry and botany is honestly worse than the conflict between the crips and the bloods.

Seperately being a shit head of staff i have to detain more than once as a security officer having to go over your head warrants a-
'Ok sir you can get on the shuttle before i can, just stand infront of me with the cuffs.
and;
oops i pushed you by accident into the shuttle's landing zone, sorry sir : *Bwoink!¬* mr admin it was a accident`
But really Adam is spitting straight facts here despite being a less than stellar behaved player about the lack of control they command; but that can be down to merit of personal leadership and how self-atonomous certain areas of the medbay are. Chemists more often than not won't even be bothered by security for mass dispensing blatently dangerous drugs or things that actually warrant looking into.

Spoiler: