BYOND account: ikrarkjr
Character name: Ambrosia Rose
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-11 08:48:14
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146081
Your side of the story: There's not much I can say here that I didn't already say in tickets, so it'll be short. The "space hunting for antags" portion was true, but weird to mention considering the whole crew had space adapt + self respiration, making it being in space right outside the station, not being a relevant thing to mention? Initially sounds to those who read it like I broke into eva to get a suit to validhunt. And the other thing I have to mention is that while the time in days from my ban was short (6 days about) I was playing for a very high amount of time per day. I feel like this should be taken into consideration.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I stopped doing the things I was noted for in the past (insulting egregiously in radio over a long period of time/ insulting and being confrontational to admins) to the point that I now have more than a few friends that are regulars, and they notice me being gone. I did fuck up here however, I know that, I broke the rules.
What I'm trying to say is: I improved IC, I stopped going aggro in ahelps and capslocking, and despite having a lot of playtime was never noted for validhunting before. I do admit, after rereading the rules, I did fuck up the rules here and accept punishment for it. But, just not permanent. I want to come back and play here, as a couple people told me that having a few friends in game would make the game not only more fun, but it would also make me generally less toxic, since they would be there. They were right on that, but now I have these friends I can't shift with anymore. I talked to a couple people in depth on how to improve how to improve, like Carshalash, and Sylphet. I did improve since then, but made a fuck-up, mostly unrelated to it.
References of good conduct: I've played some on Bay while banned from TG. Despite being an antag a few times on their wayyy higher roleplay standards, and that antags have to make their own objectives out of 'fun' for everyone, I was never reprimanded at any point in time, antag or non-antag.

I've never been an admin, so I don't know what I should exactly ask for here in terms of ban reduction. I'm just asking for less than permanent.

Half-joke/related image/quote: https://approximatetruthscomparativelie ... titled.png
ambrosia
Byond Username: Ikrarkjr

Re: [vekter] ikrarkjr - fuck

Post by ambrosia » #576433

Something else to mention, around when I was first unbanned, a couple people tried to bait me, them knowing my previous behavior. I ahelped instead of turning it into another IC problem, even though that would piss off any player, let alone someone who was prone to flying off the handle. Sylphet handled that ticket, and I'll see if I can get logs on it. (never logdived before)

This is what was said
Spoiler:
[2020-09-06 22:38:54.730] SAY: Cykl3/(Protects-The-Friends) "yeah, ambrosia just got back from a vacation, yall, she should straighten her act up" (Central Primary Hallway (137,129,2))
[2020-09-06 22:38:19.129] SAY: Cat348/(Pagliacci) "ambrosia is just a shitty person in general, don't let it get you down" (Port Primary Hallway (130,129,2))
[2020-09-06 22:37:48.644] SAY: Grabbler/(Stares-At-Space) "attention crew, the botanist is refusing to grow plants for the kitchen because I would not let them wander around the kitchen at their leisure" (Kitchen (146,152,2))
[2020-09-06 22:38:01.440] SAY: Grabbler/(Stares-At-Space) "such is the ways of Ambrosia Rose" (Kitchen (146,152,2))
This was what started it all (chef trying to CQC me for cutting my own cheese wedge after giving him ingredients)
Spoiler:
[2020-09-06 22:36:39.107] SAY: Ikrarkjr/(Ambrosia Rose) "hey" (Kitchen (148,153,2))
[2020-09-06 22:36:41.810] SAY: Ikrarkjr/(Ambrosia Rose) "making somethin here" (Kitchen (148,153,2))
[2020-09-06 22:36:42.645] SAY: Grabbler/(Stares-At-Space) "hmm?" (Kitchen (147,152,2))
[2020-09-06 22:36:58.230] SAY: Grabbler/(Stares-At-Space) "talk to me" (Kitchen (149,153,2))
[2020-09-06 22:36:58.732] SAY: Ikrarkjr/(Ambrosia Rose) "i just need one wedge" (Fore Primary Hallway (152,153,2))
[2020-09-06 22:37:00.187] SAY: Grabbler/(Stares-At-Space) "you NPC" (Kitchen (149,153,2))
[2020-09-06 22:37:02.967] SAY: Ikrarkjr/(Ambrosia Rose) "fine" (Fore Primary Hallway (151,152,2))
[2020-09-06 22:37:04.113] SAY: Ikrarkjr/(Ambrosia Rose) "no plants" (Fore Primary Hallway (151,152,2))
Thanks to Sylphet for teaching me the basics of logdiving
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #576436

Yeah, I'll back this up - I've noticed a serious pattern of metagrudging by a lot of people against Ikrarkjr. There's the above logs which are from https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/145811 - https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/143932 also stands out.

I don't think that this excuses any of the IC issues with people that they've had entirely, but I think that since IC issues were part of the rule 1 ban reason, it's important to consider more than just how they've treated other people, but also how other people treated them. This would be a really, really awful environment to try and improve conduct in for anyone.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #576441

I've been given a thumbs up in approval to peanut post as I was sited as a character reference by the thread maker herself and sylphet in round 143932. (Jannies no sweeping my post)

Firstly I will start with my first actually noticing of Ambrosia in game, which would be the infamous Hashbrown... Round. I'm gonna be honest, it was 100% outright bullying and fucking with her whenever anyone had the chance to do so, some of it was funny like the initial kill where nobody realized that the she was put into a public execution chamber and just stared in confusion as she was killed, theeen it kept escalating further and further through out the round. Eventually I had to blow one of my borgs to prevent subversion as I was a malf AI, the crew collectively mourned my borg while being pretty apathetic about her death. While it was a little funny, it was clearly VERY emotionally damaging towards Ambrosia, vekter gave everyone a scolding and I think it was one of the few moments he was disappointed in me for not really doing anything to help and kind of encouraging it slightly when it came to the death of my borg.

After that I decided to start treating her better as a crewmember and general player, she started to open up to me and entrusted my perfect AI static because of it. Around this time I noticed her genuinely starting to cool down, she'd run around everywhere asking people for blood donations for pod people to help the crew and getting in less conflicts than usual. She has also genuinely been trying to make friends with crewmembers/players as well as admins in the cases of dreathtil and sylphet.

While I want to defend ambrosia, I can't absolve her of all guilt, she is a little bit of a hothead and gets flustered over things, however as Sylphet said I feel as if we need to look into the bigger picture of how everyone was able to fuck with her for quite some time and some of these cases being retaliation to long term abuse done by certain players. While you can say "Yeah she's a hot head and over reacts to things some times." there are things like the hashbrown round that need to be looked into as well as that kinda shit will leave you pissed off in/out of game for quite some time after, i'm also very well aware about certain people trying to bait her to do things that was still ongoing until the ban happened.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #576447

I'll acknowledge that the server has more than a few people who have some kind of grudge against Ikrarkjr for sleights either imagined or real. I shouldn't have to tell anyone that this kind of shit doesn't fly, especially on Manuel. If I catch anyone harassing anyone over a ban again, we will have a problem.

That being said, the behavior of other players does not absolve you of your own sins. I think it's worth noting that you certainly have improved and that your behavior has been significantly better, but you still made a pretty solid error in judgement fairly soon after getting off of a week ban for similar issues.

Let me ask you this: How many rounds have you played on Bay since your ban?

E: Also regarding the Hashbrown round I genuinely considered if it was worth it to just ban everyone involved for a day and deal with the fallout. That round sucked.
Last edited by Vekter on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia » #576448

Ah sorry for taking a while to reply.
I didn't exactly keep track of how many rounds, but I would say, after a few full days of playing it, about, 10?
Rounds are *always* very long on there, and there's so many regulars playing the same jobs, the rounds really blend into eachother lol
I even kinda already made a couple friends (due to the very long rounds, and high amount of roleplay), although, not really
This one chef, and a bartender Anna May, I was doing botany for in the canteen area, so I got to talk to them a lot. I say "not really" because I used randomname set to ON since I was new, kinda a mistake in hindsight, though to be fair I didn't expect to really make friends since I still didn't know much about their wildly different code and lore.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #576449

Nah, I just replied like half an hour ago.

I want to see you succeed here. I feel like you've put a lot of effort into being a better player and I really don't want to see all that go to waste.

My suggestion is this: keep playing on Bay for a bit. See if you can find an admin to vouch for you. Come back here in two weeks and we will see how things pan out. Does that sound fair?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

ambrosia

Post by ambrosia » #576450

Hmmm sure okay
I'm not sure how getting one to vouch for me will work (even if I've gotten no notes) but I suppose I could just show you my official server playtime instead in that case
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #576455

As somebody whose been involved as well with your history leading up to this ban. I will weigh in that I respect Vekter's decision. I have seen good progress from you RP-wise and issue-wise compared to when I was just an AC, and realistically don't want it all to go to waste either. Vekter's idea of getting experience on bay sounds great to me. Still until you come back it's good to see you engaged with the Manuel community despite your inability to play on the server at the moment.
Kirb and Cat posting is the default
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #576459

ambrosia wrote:Hmmm sure okay
I'm not sure how getting one to vouch for me will work (even if I've gotten no notes) but I suppose I could just show you my official server playtime instead in that case
I mostly just want to make sure you can keep up with their standards of RP without getting in too much trouble.

I'll go ahead and lock this thread. You can appeal again on 9/29.
Spoiler: