Post by Space Panda » #576482

*vores you*
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: veganism is a flawed ideology [serious replies only[

Post by TheWiznard » #576483

if veganism is right then why are animals carinvores? if killing animals for food is wrong then why can animals kill other animals for food? we're animals too so whats wrong with killing animals for food? its natural
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #576484

human technology and society have developed enough so that many can live a good life with barely any need for animal suffering

veganism is about choosing to live that way. avoiding any unnecessary cruelties.

non-sapient animals can't choose, and we can't apply moral standards to them
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #576485

the only true form of veganism is cannibalism, you only eat evil people while letting cabbages, tomatoes and birds live
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576486

also, saying that something is good because it's natural is not a valid argument

among many cultures, including ours, there are lots of moral values that are based on acting against your animal nature (E.g. monogamy, selflessness, non-violence).
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576487

shit i shouldn't be taking this seriously

i'm gonna go to bed
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576488

TheWiznard wrote:sticky is retarded made you look
dammit
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #576489

Space Panda wrote:shit i shouldn't be taking this seriously

i'm gonna go to bed
me :shades: you :brain: :revolver: :silentman: the bait
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #576490

Space Panda wrote:human technology and society have developed enough so that many can live a good life with barely any need for animal suffering

veganism is about choosing to live that way. avoiding any unnecessary cruelties.

ant technology and society have developed enough so that many can live a good life with barely any need for animal suffering

sapient animals can't choose to be non-sapient, and we can't apply moral standards to them
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576491

TheWiznard wrote:
Space Panda wrote:human technology and society have developed enough so that many can live a good life with barely any need for animal suffering

ant technology and society have developed enough so that many can live a good life with barely any need for animal suffering

sapient animals can't choose to be non-sapient, and we can't apply moral standards to them
baitposting
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #576493

fox
Lol
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #576496

Tarchonvaagh wrote:
fox
Lol
true but he still replied
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #576498

TheWiznard wrote:
Tarchonvaagh wrote:
fox
Lol
true but he still replied
Their pfp kinda looks like a fox
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #576610

meat is delicious

Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #576612

If Vegans didn't have to kill other life to survive, they might have a point. The problem is they don't, they eat Fungi and plants.
If you've ever met people who raise chickens, they will tell you Chickens are stupid. Firstly they can live out the rest of their natural lifespan without a head.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
Secondly, they don't have have strong survival instincts, or ability to survive. You can have eagles kill the chicken right next to them, and have the chicken react not by entering the chicken coop, or anywhere else that would be relatively safe from the chicken attacks. Instead they will ignore it, and then get killed themselves. I've heard of stories of chickens drowning to death, because they were standing in a hole when it started raining, and the never thought to move so they drowned to death.

I legitimately believe there are mushrooms that are smarter than chickens. It's more ethical to eat a chicken then shiitake
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #576613

Collective intelligence doesn’t equate to an increased ability to register and feel discomfort from pain. They register the “fuck this dude just died signal” and try and avoid such things, but to say that fungi/plants are capable of feeling pain in the same way that animals do is ridiculous. If you’re searching for a reason to help you sleep easier after eating a mcchicken, look harder.
[this space reserved]
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #576614

Helios wrote:If Vegans didn't have to kill other life to survive, they might have a point. The problem is they don't, they eat Fungi and plants.
If you've ever met people who raise chickens, they will tell you Chickens are stupid. Firstly they can live out the rest of their natural lifespan without a head.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
Secondly, they don't have have strong survival instincts, or ability to survive. You can have eagles kill the chicken right next to them, and have the chicken react not by entering the chicken coop, or anywhere else that would be relatively safe from the chicken attacks. Instead they will ignore it, and then get killed themselves. I've heard of stories of chickens drowning to death, because they were standing in a hole when it started raining, and the never thought to move so they drowned to death.

I legitimately believe there are mushrooms that are smarter than chickens. It's more ethical to eat a chicken then shiitake
ok mushroom simp
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #576615

That being said, from what I’ve read, it’s common practice to electrically numb them before death, so pain doesn’t really play into it. That leaves you with the quality of life concern: is the animal living a worse life than it’s wild counterparts? Certainly. And yes chickens are retarded, but the same social/intelligent behavior as other animals, some we commonly take as pets, can be observed in them: probably the most notable being play.
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #576616

Anyways you can go ahead and make fun of me now for making a serious post in a meme thread.
[this space reserved]
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #576617

thank you wesoda i love you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #576620

shut the fuck up..
please..... just
shut the fuck up..........
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #576622

wesoda25 wrote:That being said, from what I’ve read, it’s common practice to electrically numb them before death, so pain doesn’t really play into it. That leaves you with the quality of life concern: is the animal living a worse life than it’s wild counterparts? Certainly. And yes chickens are retarded, but the same social/intelligent behavior as other animals, some we commonly take as pets, can be observed in them: probably the most notable being play.
>That leaves you with the quality of life concern: is the animal living a worse life than it’s wild counterparts?
You could say the same of mushroom farms, and of actual farms.
Why is factory farming of chickens bad, but factory farming of plants okay? You're killing life either way. Why are they putting the lives of chicken above fungi?
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #576623

I agree with the title
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #576641

Veganism is a flawed ideology because I passively ignore 99% of human suffering so why would I care about the terrible fate the processed meat source in front of me underwent to give me this moment of fleeting joy amidst the dull misery and ennui~~
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576650

Helios wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:That being said, from what I’ve read, it’s common practice to electrically numb them before death, so pain doesn’t really play into it. That leaves you with the quality of life concern: is the animal living a worse life than it’s wild counterparts? Certainly. And yes chickens are retarded, but the same social/intelligent behavior as other animals, some we commonly take as pets, can be observed in them: probably the most notable being play.
>That leaves you with the quality of life concern: is the animal living a worse life than it’s wild counterparts?
Why is factory farming of chickens bad, but factory farming of plants okay? You're killing life either way. Why are they putting the lives of chicken above fungi?
Valuing life itself has nothing to do with Veganism you seem confused

Are you perhaps mad at jainists instead
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #576656

recent research has shown plants can have reactions similar to pain even without a nervous system

now i'm not using this to argue against veganism per say, this is part of my larger theory

the pain is taste theory

the more you make something hurt the better it tastes

think abaht eeet

The reason grass fed free range cattle tastes better is because despair hits harder when you've known hope

the reason chips are better than boiled is because being fried is way worse than being gently boiled

It all makes sense
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Helios

Post by Helios » #576661

Stickymayhem wrote: Valuing life itself has nothing to do with Veganism you seem confused

So then why aren't they eating animals? I thought the reasons vegans didn't eat meat was because they valued the lives of animals, and didn't want Nelly cooked and served for breakfast.
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576662

Helios wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Helios wrote:
Valuing life itself has nothing to do with Veganism you seem confused

So then why aren't they eating animals? I thought the reasons vegans didn't eat meat was because they valued the lives of animals, and didn't want Nelly cooked and served for breakfast.
valuing life itself =/= valuing the life and well-being of animals

jesus christ you're dumb
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #576663

don't go vegan just eat healthier
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #576665

folks so mad at veganism they turn a joke thread into an actual debate
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576666

Helios wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: Valuing life itself has nothing to do with Veganism you seem confused

The Vegan Society wrote:Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #576675

Stickymayhem isnt hurting anyone i dont know why you guys need to attack him when he isn't deliberately going out of his way to be a preachy annoying fartbag
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #576676

Sticky and his roving band of vegans killed my parents and sold my siblings into slavery.
[this space reserved]
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576679

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Stickymayhem isnt hurting anyone i dont know why you guys need to attack him when he isn't deliberately going out of his way to be a preachy annoying fartbag
It's called do gooder derogation and there's actually research on it: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 0611415695
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #576682

dont get me wrong sticky when you preach about veganism i wanna fart on your mouth but you havent been doing that lately so you're cool and this thread is unnecessary
Space Panda

Post by Space Panda » #576683

super aggro brap
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #576684

Sheodir wrote:the more you make something hurt the better it tastes
No, actually stress very negatively affects the meat quality, its taste. That's why as a hunter you aim for a quick kill.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #576720

Super Aggro Crag wrote:dont get me wrong sticky when you preach about veganism i wanna fart on your mouth but you havent been doing that lately so you're cool and this thread is unnecessary
sorry but all my ideas suck so when I type in a letter in the subject bar I see all my old ntr hut thread names and just use those