supergrog
Byond Username: Supergrog

Supergrog-got one day ban for saying something dumb in deadchat

Post by supergrog » #576535

BYOND account: Supergrog

Character name:Moon PP

Ban type:server ban

Ban length: One day

Ban reason: DEAD: Moon PP says, "ok ill be honest i dont actually give a fuck about the rules" Here's some time to find a fuck then :)
Time ban was placed: 2020-07-20 01:09:53

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry

Round ID in which ban was placed: 146428

Your side of the story: Basically i had been killed because of sec and there was a kerfuffle going on about a tc trade so i started joking about the admins and asked em about the rules regarding sec murder. After they directed me to the rules page i said the i dont give a fuck then i got banned a bit after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: someone saying they dont care about the rules shouldnt matter if they still follow them
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Supergrog-got one day ban for saying something dumb in deadchat

Post by Armhulen » #576537

Banning admin was Arianya
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #576539

Your recent notes/bans inclined me to believe this was more then a lame joke.

Also to give the quote in full (from https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 020/09/16/):
[2020-09-16 17:46:12.124] SAY: Supergrog/(Moon PP) (DEAD) "ok ill be honest i dont actually give a fuck about the rules" (Primary Tool Storage (132,138,2))
[2020-09-16 17:46:18.994] SAY: Supergrog/(Moon PP) (DEAD) "so im just gonna kill sec if i feel like it" (Primary Tool Storage (132,138,2))
The context of which was after about a 10 minute discussion in dead chat about killing security for arresting you.

In general engaging an admin in discussion about the rules then going "lol I don't give a fuck about the rules I'll break 'em anyway" is kinda playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

Given the short timespan of the ban, I don't feel this is out of line, but will offer to clarify the note if you have any suggestions.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
supergrog

Post by supergrog » #576542

I am currently banned so i cannot tell you that my recent notes are not indicative of my rule evading behavior. However i feel like most of my notes are for misunderstanding intricacies of headmin rulings or shit like that. Anyway i didnt realise what i say in deadchat can be held against me in a ban or whatever, theres no rule about saying shit like im gonna break all the rules in dead chat or anything. I get saying i dont give a fuck about the rules to an admin doesn't sound great but that is definitely not worthy of a ban. I dont give a fuck about the timespan im saying i dont think this ban was deserved.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #576544

On discussion with others, while the foundation of this ban is fine, the duration was probably a bit long all things accounted for, so I've shortened this to an hour and a half instead.

supergrog

Post by supergrog » #576545

Make me happy and shorten it to 0 (:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #576698

I'm considering this resolved since you've raised no real objection to the note, just FYI.