Removal of "Problematic" Discord emojis

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Removal of "Problematic" Discord emojis

Post by technokek » #575351

Hello,

this is my first post on the forum. I am sorry that its a negative one at that.

Since the policy to purge bigorty and racism from this community has finally taken into affect i think its time to remove all symbols that might make people think they are welcome to express hate here.

I would suggest removing the redpill and bluepill discord emojis. These symbols are deeply imbedded in alt-right culture and might give a false impression that the server is approving such groups.

More about Redpill and Bluepill meanings can be found here https://www.adl.org/blog/the-extremist- ... line-pills .

Secondly i would suggest removing the :disabled: emoji since it makes a joke? or something at the expense of disabled people.

Thanks for reading,

if you have any ideas or points or see this in a different way feel free to tell me.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Removal of "Problematic" Discord emojis

Post by Space Panda » #575352

technokek wrote:I had a vision for an admin bwoink in July of 2020. I knew absolutely nothing about admin bwoinking, yet I wanted to bring our report someone for beeing wrong. I contacted the admins, and Delaron worked with me through the entirety of my journey. Not only has he provided awesome advice and bwoinked some retarded borg that doesnt understand assimov. The best part is, they did this for free without receiving a payment from me. The people are finally free from that retarded borg, absolutely amazing! Highly recommend giving Delaron a call if you need help bwoinking some retard! I can't wait to see what the future of my bwoink requests has to hold with the help of Delaron!
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 68#p568368

Not a serious thread. Ignore.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #575355

technokek wrote: Secondly i would suggest removing the :disabled: emoji since it makes a joke? or something at the expense of disabled people.
Doesn't exist. can we get a 3rd bait thread tho for the trilogy

For those who aren't concern trolling however still want it gone, I'm pretty sure it's mostly used ironically unless you enter the fucking political shadow realm so do remember that satire is a thing. except the digg emotes because uh those are actually 100% serious and a personal assault to my honor if you rate my post with a fucking downvote arrow
technokek

Post by technokek » #575359

Space Panda wrote:
technokek wrote:I had a vision for an admin bwoink in July of 2020. I knew absolutely nothing about admin bwoinking, yet I wanted to bring our report someone for beeing wrong. I contacted the admins, and Delaron worked with me through the entirety of my journey. Not only has he provided awesome advice and bwoinked some retarded borg that doesnt understand assimov. The best part is, they did this for free without receiving a payment from me. The people are finally free from that retarded borg, absolutely amazing! Highly recommend giving Delaron a call if you need help bwoinking some retard! I can't wait to see what the future of my bwoink requests has to hold with the help of Delaron!
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 68#p568368

Not a serious thread. Ignore.

How is this not serious? Just because i made a shitty feedback post drunk on the forum once? Are all my future posts invalid because i made 1 shitty one?

Should i make a new forum account and pretend to be someone else if i have any genuine problems here now?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575361

I agree
[this space reserved]
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #575362

another concern troll, move along nothing to see here
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #575363

:bluepill:
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
technokek

Post by technokek » #575366

Stickymayhem wrote:another concern troll, move along nothing to see here
Please explain how i am actually trolling? I sourced my claim and expressed my genuine feelings...

What else can i do to prove that i am not a troll?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #575386

post a picture of yourself with a shoe on the head
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #575391

This is pretty obviously not serious
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #576942

No.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.