#politics-containment peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

#politics-containment peanut

Post by Vekter » #575803

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=27518

It's hilarious to me that all rule 11 has done so far is piss people off in Discord.

This complaint is stupid.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: #politics-containment peanut

Post by Space Panda » #575807

hi vekter :oops:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #576972

Why does that channel exist anyways
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #576973

cuz we have too many dumb people in our community and we don't want to ban them all
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #576974

Going into politics containment as an admin is like a shark cage experience
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #576979

politics containment channels are always.. interesting

on the one hand, if you didn't have them then the edgy shitheads would fill the rest of the channels with constant political arguments that piss everyone off, and if you just banned them for pissing everyone off they'd scream MUH CENSORSHIP I AM BEING REPRESSED so it's easier to just make a political channel and tell them to fuck off there

but on the other hand having a channel for it is often seen as tacit approval of the server as being an appropriate place for political discussions, which drags political shitposters in that otherwise don't participate in the community in any other way but to shit up the place and start arguments

and if you ban politics altogether for being off-topic there's always that one asshole that insists on pinging the mods to derail perfectly benign discussions with accusations of it being "politics" and they'll scream about double standards or some shit because someone saying their thanksgiving dinner was awkward on account of their racist uncle showing up is WHOA THERE THAT'S POLITICAL DISCUSSION AND YET YOU WON'T ALLOW ME TO POST CARICATURES OF JEWS DOUBLE STANDARDS MUCH?????

the solution is to stop being scared to ban the loud shitheads that consider it their FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN to piss off everyone they share space with, so they'll complain and kick up a fuss on digg about how you have standards so fucking what
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #576980

I've seen 1% of what happens in there and honestly I don't want any of that touching the regular channels.

It works well as a containment zone and where overly serious and heavy discussion can take place.

For those that don't want the channel there and want to ban all the "loud shitheads", that's too bad, it shouldn't have been there from the beginning of the discord server. I dare say some rely on its existence right now.

Removing it will only cause drama and people to start quelling their overwhelming need to voice their opinions and conundrums by venting in the other channels, which will most definitely end up in some deserved and some undeserved bans. That's far from ideal.

The complaint was stupid. If you get in that channel and get told to tone it down by an admin you tone it down, it's a containment channel but that doesn't mean it's a rule-free place outside of admins discretion in which you can ram and run over the world like a train without brakes. For that you have the hut.