[ArcaneDefense] - Booper - I'm an idiot but I meant well for the most part.

Appeals which have been closed.
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

[ArcaneDefense] - Booper - I'm an idiot but I meant well for the most part.

Post by jortsandshirts » #577042

BYOND account: BYOND account: jortymorty
Character name: Character name at time of ban: Booper
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/etc Server ban.
Ban length: 7 days.
Ban reason:
Time ban was placed: 00:12:23 on Sept 18th
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146510
Your side of the story:
I did something pretty stupid. We had one law as silicons which was to make Spacestation 13 great again. I had spent a good portion of that round spraypainting orange paint on the ground and turning people orange as well because of that whole MAGA thing in America currently. Due to the political climate in America and what is happening at the border and with minorities I thought it would be funny to imprison someone with dark skin color. Security was gone so I brought them to the vault and as the ban reason states I fullstripped them and I'm not sure what my end game was beyond rounding up "illegals" because of the whole "Make X Great Again" Obviously in very poor taste. I did not realize the person I brought there was dying and when I noticed that I attempted to fix my stupidity by putting their items in a locker and mounting them on me. I then realized I could not drag the crate and haul them.

I brought them to Medbay as fast as I could and searched for help as best as I could. There was no air in the room with stasis beds but I made a good honest effort to find them help. When no help could be found I brought them to robotics.

I obviously had quite the brain fart in my judgement here and I'll not deny that. I did realize though that my thinking was the opposite of fun for anyone and did try to rectify it. I wasn't trying to weasel my way out when bwoinked but rather explain why my stupidity went the way it did. I did not know that the person in question that I had locked up was dying or the current state of medbay and when I realized they had gone into crit I tried to fix my bonehead move.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a lapse in judgement that I did try to fix. I made a sincere effort to let the persons round continue. I wasn't attempting to make a political statement of my own at the time I just wasn't thinking with all the remaining brain cells I've still got. I feel that a week timeout is a bit much considering but that's not my call to make. In the end I didn't want to take anyone out of the round permanently but ultimately by my actions I did. This I cannot argue. I think that my actions upon realizing the person in question was dying are a show of good faith that my intent was not to remove someone.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: [ArcaneDefense] - Booper - I'm an idiot but I meant well for the most part.

Post by ArcaneDefence » #577052

Thanks for bringing this up. Looking back on it I probably should've weighed how long you've been with us more than I did, and this appeal makes me a lot more confident that you understand that it's not ok to punish someone for being a victim to make a joke when you have no law obligating you to do so than our conversation in the ticket did.

I don't believe leaving things as they are will be any more of a benefit, so you've been unbanned.
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Re: [ArcaneDefense] - Booper - I'm an idiot but I meant well for the most part.

Post by jortsandshirts » #577086

Thank you.

I can't promise I won't screw up again in the future in some form or another but I will try harder to put myself in someone elses shoes before taking actions.