Toolbox 3.0: Return of the Charitable Spirit

General SS13 Chat
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Toolbox 3.0: Return of the Charitable Spirit

Post by CitrusGender » #577757

Expected event date: Saturday, October 17th, 2020 at 4PM EST (9PM GMT+1, 1PM PST)
Expected location: Event Hall Server

NEW: register your team directly on Challonge! Please include all 3 of your byond usernames and a discord contact in the description. Please note any alternates.
If you would like, you can also register on google docs if you are extremely against making an account. (Please notify me on discord if you do this, I might not check it.) PLEASE INCLUDE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER'S PREVIOUS PLACEMENT IN PREVIOUS TOURNAMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SEEDING. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, YOU WILL BE SEEDED REGULARLY.

Find a team here! (opens up google spreadsheet)

Last year:

We had an extremely successful competition last time and I'm looking forward to a new toolbox tournament this year!

***IMPORTANT*** ***Charity and donation information***
This year we have decided to donate to the CJD foundation in honor of OrdoM, who recently passed away from Prions disease. We hope that we can use this opportunity to help fight Prions and dedicate this event in his memory.
[2020toolbox][/2020toolbox]
Click here to donate for /tg/station at their website!
See below for donation perks!!
Spoiler:
Some perks for donating: (More coming soon!)
  • For donations of 5 dollars or above
  • VIP lounge access during the event (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CKEY AND DISCORD ID IN THE DONATION MESSAGE, I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET IN IF YOU DONATE BEFORE THE DAY OF THE EVENT)
  • Seperate Discord Role in the main /tg/ discord

For donations of 50 dollars or above
  • Based in General rank on discord for the weeks before the event.
  • Can post in admin auditorium for the weeks before the event.

For donations of 100 or above
  • Special shoutout in #announcements
Make sure to put your discord name when you donate so I can give you your role!
Tournament Format and Information.
Spoiler:
The tournament (as of now) will be a single elimination style tournament with teams of three. This means that each team will be eliminated when they lose. We cannot guarantee that all teams will play the same amount of rounds since that would require the number of teams to be a power of 2 (which isn't exactly guaranteed) Some teams may play more rounds than others, unfortunately. The tournament will be a 3 versus 3 arena-style team battle where each member of each team will receive a toolbox. The team with the last man standing will be declared the winning team. The losing team will be eliminated. Additionally, Since we do not know the number of players who will be participating in the event, we are unable to tell how many rounds will be played but we believe there will be about 5-7 rounds depending on how many teams we receive.

You can see the previous arena made by Okand from the past tournament here (just to show how big the arena is)
Tournament Rules
Spoiler:
Team rules
  1. Teams MUST not use any performance-enhancing chemical reagents during the arena match (No Ephedrine, Meth, etc.) Any players found violating this will have their team AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED
  2. Teams and all players are allowed to use out of game communication (skype, discord, etc) during this event.
  3. Only teams of 3 are allowed. Teams are allowed to have optional backup players but they will not receive prize money.
  4. Each team should have a team captain that can be talked to on discord.
  5. There is no guarantee you will be able to get into the server depending number amount of people going to the event. If you are a part of a team, you should get there early.
  6. If a team does not have three people at the time of their match, they will automatically forfeit their match.
  7. Teams should report when they win to their designated admin contact (We will figure out who this is closer to the date)
Fighting rules
  1. All forms of combat are allowed. You may throw your teammates/opponents at your foes, you may disarm your opponent, and you may throw your toolbox.
  2. No objects from outside the arena other than what is given to you may be used.(I.E. you should be without any jumpsuit and clothing going into the arena.)
Currently there are 3 steam keys put up for rewards for the tournament including Kerbal space program. Will up if anything else is added to the prize pot.

Needed help:
ADMIN ONLY POSITIONS:
Spoiler:
Facilitator
We will likely require 3-4 admins to be in charge of handling requests by players this includes:
  • Getting players to their arena (probably the majority of what is needed and why this is particularly needed)
  • Talking with team captains to make sure all players are here
  • Reporting the winner of each match
  • Handling misc requests
Bracket staff
We will likely need 1-2 admins to help us out with the bracket. This will involve helping us manage the bracket and receiving the reports from the facilitator admins about who won each match and recording that to the bracket. We're expecting a lot of people during the event so this will be an important role.

On duty admin
Any admin can apply for this and any amount is acceptable. There will likely be griefing and people who cause problems, so we'd just like some people to be on duty to handle ahelps.

DJ
yeah sure why not (ONLY ONE ADMIN PLEASE)
ADMINS AND NON-ADMINS POSITIONS
Spoiler:
MAPPER
Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested in taking a look at the map and even mapping the event itself. Someone reached out to me last time during the ball but I forgot to respond, so I apologize about that. If you have any mapping experience and would like to help out, feel free to reach out to me. I promise I'll respond back.

Security
We could really use people who designate themselves as security for the event to maintain order. Usually, this is good for people who can be trusted with the role. Likely there will be people who roll for the role when the round commences but we would be happy to suit up people for security if they're not participating in the event.
If you're interested in one of these roles (or you have any other questions), feel free to Forum PM me or ping me on discord @CitrusGender⁽ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵘʳˢᵉᶫᶠ ᵈᵘᵈᵉ⁾#0366

Here's some footage from the first tournament:
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Toolbox 3.0: Return of the Charitable Spirit [LOOKING FOR CHARITY, SEE INSIDE]

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #577758

first comment
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: Toolbox 3.0: Return of the Charitable Spirit [LOOKING FOR CHARITY, SEE INSIDE]

Post by Whoneedspacee » #577761

woah dude who wants to make a team
retired ss13 coderman
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #577878

This thread rules.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #578038

give for a good cause

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Swept
Byond Username: Swept

Re: Toolbox 3.0: Return of the Charitable Spirit

Post by Swept » #579298

I call first in line on the roller coaster.
DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14