Wizard Event Ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Wizard Event Ideas

Post by actioninja » #542772

Wizard summon events needs more events in the pool. Preferably of the "weird but interesting" type instead of the "ruin the entire fucking round" type.

I have too much poo brain to think of any so throw some ideas in this thread.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Wizard Event Ideas

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #542773

Ghosts become physical for a temporary period of time.
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #542774

• Make money spawn all across the map, with random values between iron to diamond coins.

An event similar to animal sentience, but the animal also gets a random spell, with different event announcement text to let the crew know. The wizard animal has no objectives.

Santa arrives on the station, with the infinite gift bag. He starts off wanted in the security records, as celebrating Christmas before thanksgiving is a certified "Christmas crime (tm)".

Every gun, both bullet-based and laser based, gets jammed. Use the gun in hand to un-jam it. Hopefully you weren't in a gunfight.

A single, random dead person on the station is given a full heal, as well as the deadchat control component. The deadchat control can be cured by surgery, if you can keep the body under control long enough, anyway.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #542775

A cursed carton of eggs spawns in everyone's hands.

You have to eat all the eggs to remove the curse and drop the carton.

A player is forced into a looping room.

Ala:[youtube]k55FYtqtXXU[/youtube]
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Post by AIIA » #542778

Every mob's sprite is flipped upside down.

Tongue Twister: Everyone's languages are randomized for a period of time.

Half the crew are colored red, the other half are colored blue.

Baldium and Barber's Aid is magically injected into the crew.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #542781

AIIA wrote:Half the crew are colored red, the other half are colored blue.
One problem I can see with this is it devolving into red vs blue massacres each time. Probably because of those fucking blues, so smug and thinking they are better than us reds. I say we kill them all to teach them a lesson!
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #542786

Super power time.

Hulk, Laser Eyes, cursed Admin Jackboots, and the owl hardsuit are given out randomly.

One of each to one person. Probably not to everyone though.

Everyone temporarily gets resized, and shrinks.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #542790

1. Honksplosion:
Spoiler:
Spawns several magic (NPC) clowns in one (or more) room(s) across the station. These clowns aggressively honk passerby, obstruct movement and act as a general nuisance. They're indestructible, and can only be destroyed by slipping them. When slipped, they explode into a brilliant splash of colorful reagent and glitter. To add flavor, these clowns might spawn wearing silly hats that they drop after being put out of their mercy.
2. Superset:
Spoiler:
Everyone on station receives a notification that it's time to pump some iron. The crewman that lifts the most weights before the end of a 60 second timer gets a magic sweatband, instant spraytan, a unique voice font, and extra punch damage.
3. Interdimensional alcoholics:
Spoiler:
A random, friendly simplemob (cat, killer tomato etc.) spawns in the bar and beelines to the nearest stool. It loudly demands alcohol, and begins guzzling any beverage in the surrounding tiles, so long as it's served in a drinking glass. If it receives enough alcohol in a 60 second period, it vanishes in a puff of smoke, leaving a handsome tip. If it doesn't receive its fill, well...

Could also be tweaked to have an interdimensional gourmet variant, who eats food instead of booze. Would be satiated after eating X units of nutriment, rather than alcohol.
If you like these, I could come up with a couple more.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #542813

Everyone casts blink
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542819

eldrich gates that spawn random animals
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #542828

I don't agree that diluting the event pool is how you fix this, events like mass position/mind swap and race change are one diceroll away from permanently ruining your round and why would you do anything other than validhunt the wizard or greytide knowing at any point you're going to potentially die or lose all the progress you've made during the round, these need to go away
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #542837

Delete wizard.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #542862

Shadowflame909 wrote:A cursed carton of eggs spawns in everyone's hands.

unironically the best shadowflame post ive ever seen
[this space reserved]
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #542863

IMO summon events needs more events but also remove or make the cancer events temporary. Ie. make the race change event change you back after 2 or 3 minutes.
Probably should remove mindswap event so whoever is in your body doesn't just dump your shit like a shitter (rather than make it temporary.)
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #542871

wesoda25 wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:A cursed carton of eggs spawns in everyone's hands.

unironically the best shadowflame post ive ever seen
Was about to say the same, I’m pleasantly surprised that more than 50% of these posts are based. Pk’s idea is a mastapiece in 3 words, Mickyan isn’t wrong either.

Wizard event where everyone gets teleported to a random pressurised tile on another z level like the derelict before every human mob gets warped onto the same tile in the bar
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #542877

A dark notebook falls from the heavens into the hands of a random crewmember.

When they open it, a gui similar to bubblegums blood contract appears. Allowing them to choose two targets.

Those two targets become valentines.

Then the book dissapears.
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542888

fake bwoink for everyone - there’s already much immersion breaking traumas summon so why not turn it up to eleven
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #542989

red light/green light, after a brief warning everybody starts taking damage if they move for a short bit

an event that gives people a reward of some sort based on how many nearby players there are, something to encourage the crew to all group up, ala rad storms forcing people into maint

alternately an event that makes everybody take small amounts of damage if they're near anybody else to force everybody away from each other for a bit

one where every crewmember gets half of an item (a sword, a medallion, a christmas cracker, idk) and tells them who has the other half, bringing them together makes something good happen

give everybody limited-time limited-use access to a random wizard spell (ideally nothing awful like fireball), i.e. everybody can cast jaunt once for ten seconds

spawn a ton of a harmless simplemob like frogs in a public room; half the crew gets the objective to save the animals and the other half gets the objective to kill the animals, whichever side wins gets rewarded

make a small percentage of the crew suddenly produce miasma for a short while/until they shower

temporarily make everybody look like the wizard

im just trying to think of stuff that encourages crew interaction
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #543014

Announces to a certain lucky crewmember that its their birthday. They suddenly turn into a baby and get chased by vicious Birthday Caks. If they can survive the timer they grow back to adulthood.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #544618

A lot of these are great, and most are actually feasible to code.

In response to Mickyan, no, diluting the pool wouldn't be the only thing done. But it definitely needs a lot more events.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #544856

"Random encounter" hostile NPCs that can spawn in a room you're occupying. Random encounters include:-

Bandit encounter
A squad of kobolds (dwarf lizards)
Undead ambush
A pair of constructs (random golem material)
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #545057

Inverted inputs for a set duration (left key makes you go right etc)
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #545103

Anonmare wrote:"Random encounter" hostile NPCs that can spawn in a room you're occupying. Random encounters include:-

Bandit encounter
A squad of kobolds (dwarf lizards)
Undead ambush
A pair of constructs (random golem material)
player controlled or npcs?
davethwave
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Davethwave

Post by davethwave » #545593

How about a mass sentience event for the stations pets. A version of the meateors that instead give cybernetic organs. Random spawn one use magic scrolls of stuff like charge or fireball to even revive that can't be *recharged* after it's use is over it either becomes a blank scroll like the carp scroll does or it turns into dust aka qdeleted. Random spawning chocolate simple mobs like chocolate frogs and stuff that can be chopped up into chocolate or if small enough just eaten as is. Turning arcade machines into wizard themed ones that have consequences on real world stuff but isn't as lethal as emag version that can dispense weak wizard nick nacks like those scrolls I mentioned before as a rare reward and stuff.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #545618

I added the stickypocalypse and pointypocalypse to wiz events
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #545624

Everything is emagged once. If a borg has his cover open for some reason it's laws are the same but it becomes clown module.

Floor/Wall tiles are replaced with other mineral variants in a mix. Plasma/Wood/Uranium/Glass would all be the "oh no" options.

Everyone gets a third arm, but loses a leg OR looses an arm but gains a leg (This somehow makes people faster).

Ghosts are now able to attack other ghosts to steal some of their size. Each hit makes you 10% bigger/smaller.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #545756

The bottom three of nabskis are pretty good but i feel like the floor and wall one would be laggy
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #545771

Robustin coded a construction nuke that did a similar thing as part of the goodboy point rewards. It had the option to transform the station and I tried it out on my desktop once. I don’t remember it being too laggy, but that’s not a good test.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #578062

Bit of a necropost.

Lunch Rush:
Spoiler:
Variant of the "Interdimensional Alcoholic/Gourmet" I suggested a few months back. A bunch of NPCs dressed up according to a theme (office workers, clowns, university students, lumberjacks etc.) spawn in the mess hall and beeline for the nearest unoccupied chair or stool. These guests will "eat" any food item placed on a tile adjacent to where they're seated. After "eating" ~10u of nutriment, the guest will vanish in a puff of smoke.

If you choose to play the waiter, you have to be quick: They'll only be there for 60 seconds, so get to tossing those plates of spaghetti. The more guests you serve, the better the tip at the end! If nobody gets served by the timer's end, however, you may just have a riot on your hands.
► Show Spoiler