bigotry rule and silicons

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

bigotry rule and silicons

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #578231

If someone uploads a law to the AI commanding it to constantly scream "nigger" over the comms, does the AI get in trouble for following its laws or does the guy who uploaded the shitty law get in trouble?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: bigotry rule and silicons

Post by Armhulen » #578241

AI is never responsible for their laws, just their interpretation
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #578242

Thanks for the clarification armhulen!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #578244

since the law is telling you to blatantly break rules that are never ok to break in a specific context, you should probably ignore it and ahelp rather than attempt to follow it to be safe. You MIGHT would get in trouble if the admin thought you were using it as a pass to be racist or something.

in general though you are not responsible for actions that are directly done for the purpose of following your laws.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #578245

While I understand the point Crag is trying to get at with this policy discussion, the example of conduct he picked isn't inherently banned under rule 11.
It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.

Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.
Under Rule 11, racial slurs =/= bigotry unless used to demean a particular person or group. Spamming racial slurs is moronic and probably banworthy (hence the above points of AIs not being culpable for following bad laws), but only under Rule 1, not Rule 11.
► Show Spoiler
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #578246

A related question would be "if you law a cyborg to ERP, then does the uploader or the borg get banned for rule 8" in which case the answer is a pretty clear "ahelp and disregard if someone laws you to ERP" on the borg's part

if you're lawed or ordered to do something that even antagonists aren't allowed to do then don't do it 4head
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #578354

AI laws do not overtake server rules, ahelp and ignore.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #578388

Your example wouldn't technically be actionable under rule 11, but it would be considered griefing since you uploaded a law demanding the AI break the rules (Spamming, specifically). Saying gamer words isn't bannable.

Now, if you uploaded a law telling the AI to talk about how damaging non-whites are on the station or to refuse service to the "lesser races", that would be different.

But yeah, usually the uploader gets in trouble and sometimes the AI too depending on context.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #578581

Sylphet wrote:AI laws do not overtake server rules, ahelp and ignore.
AI laws frequently overtake server rules, since they often contain things like "Kill everyone" when the AI isnt an antag, so thats not a hard-and-fast ruling.

If you upload a law to the AI trying to force it to do bad things, you're always responsible both in and out of character for it following those orders, even if it doesn't actually have to because they'd be breaking the bigger server rules.

Situations where the AI could get in trouble for it are when its clearly champing at the bit to get said laws /pushing it as far as possible etc
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕