fromg
Byond Username: Fromg

[Vekter]Fromg - WGW

Post by fromg » #579174

BYOND account: Fromg
Character name: Jack Dowel
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 14 days, or 2 weeks.
Ban reason: 13 notes for assorted LRP shittery on Manuel in ten days.
Time ban was placed: 2020-10-10 22:20:06
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 148053
Your side of the story: Well, I posted WGW on doors as Captain, photocopying it and putting it on every door I saw. I then was shot at by "Divine Intervention" (Which I assume is Admemery) and I ran away. While sitting in my quarters, I got bwoinked by Vekter. I told him that another admin had said it was OK to spread WGW if it wasn't being said over comms. He then brought up my 13 notes from the month and banned me. The ban for the notes was justified, but if it was an issue, I would've gotten banned by someone else. The ban was spurned on by something I was told was completely okay. He suggested I play on the LRP servers (which is fair, and I intend to do that) before banning me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'd like to be unbanned because I feel it was an unfair circumstance. If I wasn't told that posting WGW was allowed, then I wouldnt've gotten banned that day. He could've told me to play on the LRP servers instead, but just banned me. I'd like to come back to the community, and play on the LRP servers.
Attachments
Being told that I can post WGW.
Being told that I can post WGW.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: [Vekter]Fromg - WGW

Post by cybersaber101 » #579182

I'd like to apologize for my mistake Fromg as I'd misread RolePlay rule 7 and that this should have been a zero tolerance no.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
fromg

Post by fromg » #579183

cybersaber101 wrote:I'd like to apologize for my mistake Fromg as I'd misread RolePlay rule 7 and that this should have been a zero tolerance no.
Okay. Is it allowed to do something like this if you're explicitly told it's OK?
edit: I meant, would you be punished, not "is it allowed"
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #579206

Being told something is okay by one admin is not a free pass to do it if another says it's not. Cybersaber made a mistake and has since acknowledged that he should not have told you it was.

This isn't just for the WGW incident - that alone would have been a pretty soft slap on the wrist and a smiting. It's your history of thirteen notes in ten days. It would not be hard to make an argument that you're just here to grief on Manuel.

The headmins can review this but I'm denying your appeal. Consider it an opportunity to improve when you return.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #579211

In his round of playing sybil before his ban for spamming he stated his intent to metagrudge people that killed him when he was an antag and tried to rope other people into joining him.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... nd-148006/

[2020-10-10 06:25:12.716] SAY: 06:25:12.716] SAY: Fromg/(Jack Dowel) (DEAD) "okay, mikhail" (AI Upload Chamber (117,133,4))
[2020-10-10 06:25:21.558] SAY: 06:25:21.558] SAY: Fromg/(Jack Dowel) (DEAD) "how about every time we see corey for the next couple rounds" (AI Upload Chamber (117,133,4))
[2020-10-10 06:25:24.805] SAY: 06:25:24.805] SAY: Fromg/(Jack Dowel) (DEAD) "we just instantly robust him" (AI Upload Chamber (117,133,4))
[2020-10-10 06:25:33.868] SAY: 06:25:33.868] SAY: That Engineer/(Mikhail Wheely) (DEAD) "That is metagaming" (Dormitories (122,146,4))
[2020-10-10 06:25:40.128] SAY: 06:25:40.128] SAY: That Engineer/(Mikhail Wheely) (DEAD) "While I do hate him" (Dormitories (122,146,4))
[2020-10-10 06:25:48.484] SAY: 06:25:48.484] SAY: That Engineer/(Mikhail Wheely) (DEAD) "I am not going to break the rules out of spite" (Dormitories (122,146,4))

Also, his defense of saying that he only spammed paper versions of it is dumb as fuck, as within a day of doing this he spammed it over 13 times in one round, taking PAI roles to continue doing it after he had been executed.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... /game.html

You're just here to griff, don't try to hide it. I'm not even going to bother to go into your behavior on the discord.
fromg

Post by fromg » #579611

Vekter wrote:thirteen notes in ten days.
i'm not sure that's worth a two week ban. wouldn't a 10 day ban fit better due to the timespan i got the notes in?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #579654

fromg wrote:
Vekter wrote:thirteen notes in ten days.
i'm not sure that's worth a two week ban. wouldn't a 10 day ban fit better due to the timespan i got the notes in?
Realistically? It's worth a perma. We've dropped people for less.

I don't like being this type of admin (because, y'know, space men video game serious business) but for real, you should probably stop doing what got you notes to begin with or you're just going to end up permabanned.

I also can't extend your ban for things you've done in unofficial discord servers, but coming to the Manuel discord and spamming bullshit because you're mad about being banned really doesn't help your case.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you