Noita

Talk about video games here
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Noita

Post by cacogen » #579470

Noita is a 2D sidescrolling roguelite where every pixel is simulated (think Soldat) and there are fluids and fire. You play a magician at an abandoned mine. There is magic to collect. The tunnels are protected by monsters. The point of the game is to put together the most OP wand possible, and blow up the mine and all your enemies from off-screen.

The game got a 1.0 release a couple of days ago. This is a significant milestone in its development for reasons I do not know.

The game has had a GOG release so is trivially easy to p̶̨̱͇̼̮͍̭̙̖͖̖̬̆̾̄̈́̅͜͝i̸͖͆̾̅̊̆̎͋͊́̒̆̇́͝r̴̡̧̧̼̹͔̙̬͚͇͙͕̗͆̉̒̍̂a̵̝̖͖̘̭̝͐̓̾̈́̐ţ̶̩̻͇̦̩̹̰͎́̀͐͐̀̈́̓͊̋̊͘͝e̸̡̙̦̩̼̻̤̐̈́͝ purchase legally. In fact, it is currently 20% off on Steam. Learn of more deals here.

As with most games, I am bad at it. However, you can still have fun by getting an OP wand combination and letting the fireworks begin. I suggest trying the Daily Practice Run if you are struggling to advance to the point of being OP, which can give you some fun things to play around with from the get go.

Please speak of your experiences with the game and share tips 'n tricks on how to get good.
Last edited by cacogen on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Noita

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #579558

I got bored of it after like two days
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #579562

Oh wait 1.0 was released hold my beer
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #579579

i'm deeply sorry but this thread is breaking off topic forum rule number three therefore I have done my due diligence by reporting this thread, however my favorite way to play noita is as follows:

Kaelos Archetypes - I like random start mods
More Starting Loadouts V. - I like random start mods
New biomes + Secrets - good stuff
Rare Scene Commonifier - can't imagine playing without this goki's things, and anvil of destiny. been using these three at least a year now
New Enemies Mod - on the tin, makes the game harder but also I like the variety
Discord Rich Presence - pointless mod but I like broadcasting everything I do.
No Gold Despawns - I don't like gold despawn mechanic so this
Health Container - chance to drop little hp pickups that heal a small amount of hp on enemy death
Spellbound Bundle - more spells goat
Goki's Things - best mod after anvil of destiny
Risk of Items - risk of rain items in noita
Varia Addons - adds some more stuff to the game you have to config some stuff between goki and this but its nice once you do
Goki's Extra Things - adds some slightly unbalanced perks and items but its fun so who cares
More Projectile Modifiers - on the tin
Polymorphing Immunity - adds perk for polymorph immunity
New Weathers Mod - more rain types of liquids and stuffs
More attracting Gold - I have this on and configed to basically 2 times vanilla gold attraction base, then if you pick gold attracting perk its crazy mode at like 6 times vanilla
Randomized Alchemy - on the tin
Arcane Alchemy - new alchemic reactions/matierials
Fluid Dynamics - chaotic evil mod
Anvil of Destiny - Best mod ever should be in base game