obi wan permabanobi peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

obi wan permabanobi peanut

Post by Yenwodyah » #579843

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27827
obi wan kaczynski wrote:
a player began the round spending five minutes running around the engineering department, torturing a mouse while people were working. I then threw an oxygen tank and hit her with it to get her to stop ... The player responds with an escalation with a welding torch, beats me into crit, and drags me towards the SM crystal to dust me. I thought that was gonna happen and adminhelped, but the other player was only stopped by another engineer. I was left in crit and eventually died.

OOC exhaustion (catgirls are a sad example of nerd misogyny because they fetishize women as domesticated housepets).

He then says that my entire ahelp was to get this felinid ban, which is pretty strange since being murdered by a nonantag and nearly dusted is a completely reasonable motivation for ahelping

I said that I reject the authority of his ban, implying that it is absurd and flimsy and injudicious, and that I won't be obeying it, implying that I'll be coming here to appeal, and he interprets this as a threat to ban-evade. In some kind of fit of emotion he turns it into a permanent ban...
Vekter wrote: There's been a long-standing 'joke' among certain players and forum goers that everyone who plays a catgirl is transgender

Both of your previous notes on the matter involved running around the station screaming "CATGIRLS ARE TR*NNIES" and randomly attacking people which isn't something we allow on Manuel.

you attacked a catgirl for very suspect reasons and, when they rightfully beat your skull in, you adminhelped in the hopes they would be banned
Thank you Vekter, catgirl protecter, for keeping us safe from this women respecter! ??????
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: obi wan permabanobi peanut

Post by cacogen » #579845

>throw oxygen tank at snowflake
>get welded into crit and later die
Is he leaving something out? This isn't proper escalation.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #579846

The commies and the catgirls are allied. We are all doomed
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #579848

Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #579850

Escalation moment
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #579854

I feel no sympathy for anyone who plays on Manuel and gets banned, you knew what would happen if you played there eventually.
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #579855

that guy is a fucking moron
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #579858

imagine random naming on the roleplaying server

that makes you lower than the guys who staticname and grief on manuel at least they leave a legacy of chuckles behind
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #579859

Super Aggro Crag wrote:imagine random naming on the roleplaying server

that makes you lower than the guys who staticname and grief on manuel at least they leave a legacy of chuckles behind
What’s wrong with doing randomname on MRP? MRP doesn’t require you to play a snowflake OC. HRP does, maybe, but definitely not MRP. I enjoy roleplaying random crewmember #68 every once in a while. It gives me a chance to try out a new personality.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #579860

Farquaar wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:imagine random naming on the roleplaying server

What’s wrong with doing randomname on MRP? MRP doesn’t require you to play a snowflake OC. HRP does, maybe, but definitely not MRP. I enjoy roleplaying random crewmember #68 every once in a while. It gives me a chance to try out a new personality.
if you aint got 20 pages of backstory prepped and ready get out
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #579861

Indie-ana Jones wrote:I feel no sympathy for anyone who plays on Manuel and gets banned, you knew what would happen if you played there eventually.
I'm surprised at how often you take pot shots at Manuel, because given your contribution history you'd likely be a great fit and have a good time. Hope you decide to try it out some day.
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #579864

Terrible ruling, weldering someone into crit for throwing a medium force object is some shit tier escalation and the cat deserves a time out.
pfp by AspEv
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #579867

Kassori wrote:Terrible ruling, weldering someone into crit for throwing a medium force object is some shit tier escalation and the cat deserves a time out.
The cat copped a note for trying to dispose of the body. The fight's a fair bit more two-sided than he makes it out to be in the appeal and, truthfully, the ban has little to do with his specific actions and more his rationale for them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
obi wan kaczynski
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

Post by obi wan kaczynski » #579870

o b s e s s e d
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Post by Space Panda » #579875

vektr is right this time
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #579878

obi wan kaczynski wrote:o b s e s s e d

Why am I not surprised that this is the same person that thinks anyone opposed to his shuttle idea is autistic and should be disregarded
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #579879

Vekter wrote:
Kassori wrote:Terrible ruling, weldering someone into crit for throwing a medium force object is some shit tier escalation and the cat deserves a time out.
The cat copped a note for trying to dispose of the body. The fight's a fair bit more two-sided than he makes it out to be in the appeal and, truthfully, the ban has little to do with his specific actions and more his rationale for them.
whenever I see a ban appeal that amounts to "all I did was X" I immediately start to suspect that X is not, in fact, all they did, or that X is an incredibly reductive description of what actually happened

"all I did was top up my oxygen tank from a canister" when the canister in question was one you just filled with hot plasma in the incinerator and dragged to the brig
The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

Post by The Respected Man » #579880

Indie-ana Jones wrote:I feel no sympathy for anyone who plays on Manuel and gets banned, you knew what would happen if you played there eventually.
This, it should have been an ultraban (your DNA is banned) for playing in manuel in the first place
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #579882

> banning admin: vekter
further reading has been deemed unnessesary.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #579884

obi wan kaczynski wrote:catgirls are a sad example of nerd misogyny because they fetishize women as domesticated housepets
I play a catboy. Check mate.

Ban seems a bit much, but he was probably being a cunt in ahelps.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #579886

shutting down manuel, deadmin the admin team and ban obamin ken mccain forever is the only solution to this
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #579888

My question is, why are both parties receiving a punishment?
If the cat over escalated why is this dude banned?
If this dude is provoking felenids fnr then why did the cat get noted for kicking his shit in?
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #579889

SkeletalElite wrote:My question is, why are both parties receiving a punishment?
If the cat over escalated why is this dude banned?
If this dude is provoking felenids fnr then why did the cat get noted for kicking his shit in?
all are punish'd
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #579891

People get away with a lot if they arent cunts when they get bwoinked. The people who keep getting banned "for no reason" due to "the admin conspiracy" are usually fuckwits that during the ahelp ensures you really dont wanna keep talking to them, dont want to see them around for a while, or both.

In addition, both parties in a conflict can be in the wrong.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #579916

skoglol wrote:People get away with a lot if they arent cunts when they get bwoinked. The people who keep getting banned "for no reason" due to "the admin conspiracy" are usually fuckwits that during the ahelp ensures you really dont wanna keep talking to them, dont want to see them around for a while, or both.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #579918

the real admin conspiracy is hurting their feelings
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #579956

ban was too extreme but that's expected of manuel
dont care though because this guy's a reallll nice guy
obi wan kaczynski wrote:wow people with autism play space station 13? Now i've seen everything!

Reminder that a symptom of autism is a pathological resistance to any kind of change. Notice how zero arguments have been put forth defending the shuttle in its current state, so we can infer that it's people growing attached to the status quo hugbox
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #579961

saprasam wrote:ban was too extreme but that's expected of manuel
dont care though because this guy's a reallll nice guy
obi wan kaczynski wrote:wow people with autism play space station 13? Now i've seen everything!

Reminder that a symptom of autism is a pathological resistance to any kind of change. Notice how zero arguments have been put forth defending the shuttle in its current state, so we can infer that it's people growing attached to the status quo hugbox
what a surprise that someone that conducts themselves as an abrasive asshole in one situation turns out to conduct themselves like an abrasive asshole in several situations

like the part where the guy kept flipping the poll option text to change no votes to yes when he was losing

and where he "totally only threw an oxygen tank" when it turned out he actually wordlessly attacked them five times

and then basically said "I'll fuckin do it again" in the ahelps
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #579962

The more I see about this guy, the more I question my logic on the matter.
Spoiler: