Code Bounty:FIX THE FUCKING ADMIN MENU $60

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Code Bounty:FIX THE FUCKING ADMIN MENU $60

Post by Stickymayhem » #580011

Alright fuckers

this change is so fucking bad and stupid that it's literally making me never want to admin again. this was possibly intentional and if so well played

I dont know who did this, I'm not going to go back and check because if I ever find out who did I will grudge them for years

here's my explanation of why it's shit.

https://streamable.com/vm1upr

I don't care what you do, you can fucking revert it for all I care, if it gets done, you get money. I don't care who I just want it to stop make it fucking stop MAKE IT STOP
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Code Bounty:FIX THE FUCKING ADMIN MENU $60

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #580012

In the inverse to most ss13 changes, I liked this one at first and grew steadily more annoyed with it as I used it more and more.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #580015

If I don’t know which category the verb I want is in, I have to search through then all whether they’re on different tabs or one long tab. If I do know, I now have to search for that category in the Tower of Babel Admin. This is in no way beneficial and serves only make it harder to find verbs.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #580016

You know I've barely noticed because I've entirely grown into using the command line
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #580017

lol I immediately noticed this and complained about it when I was testing my code for the monkey sechailers for the toolbox tournament
its really awful (cant believe im agreeing with sticky on something)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #580018

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/53947

When you don’t post screenshots of the big change because people will hate it if you do.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #580019

Always used the command line, can't relate sorry!
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #580020

I'm not changing it, now fuck off

if you know what verb you want you can use the command line, if you don't know, having them all in one tab makes them discoverable.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580021

oranges wrote:I'm not changing it, now fuck off

if you know what verb you want you can use the command line, if you don't know, having them all in one tab makes them discoverable.
muscle memory clicking on a verb is far quicker than typing into the command line and you know it
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #580022

I've heard a lot of things, but never have I ever heard as much bullshit as I have just heard right now
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580023

oranges wrote:I've heard a lot of things, but never have I ever heard as much bullshit as I have just heard right now
why do you even care about this

Is this wasted whitespace in the default widescreen configuration here to "improve discoverability"?

I actually just did the maths. Of 680 pixels in this screen, 190 are wasted useless whitespace as a direct result of this change. 28% of the fucking menu is literally by any possible metric, completely fucking useless
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #580032

Sticky please don't kill yourself over a video game change.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580033

do you have a weird screen resolution? on master i don't have an issue with the fourth column being absent at 1920x1080

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580034

Thunder11 wrote:https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/53947

When you don’t post screenshots of the big change because people will hate it if you do.
If you click on the 'You can see video samples of both light and dark mode here on imgur.' directly below the screenshots you can see I very explicitly show the new Admin tab styling. I even make a point to scroll on it!

It's not very nice to imply I made this PR to hide anything, and I'd rather you don't imply that.

Best wishes,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580035

cobby tells me that he gets the 3 column thing too so i suspect it might be a bug. my other suspicion as to where it may come from is that if changing the window size is somehow persistent then you may have manually changed it at some point, and then that bad sizing is for some reason saved, could you try using the Fit-Viewport verb? just type fit in your verb bar, hit space, and then enter

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580040

update: i got sticky to try fit-viewport and it didnt help! i think it might be based on the browser that BYOND uses to render the panel maybe? there's something weird goin on there

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580051

bobbahbrown wrote:update: i got sticky to try fit-viewport and it didnt help! i think it might be based on the browser that BYOND uses to render the panel maybe? there's something weird goin on there
no worries our head coder has already declared this a feature and it will not be changed because he gitpushed his ego to the repo
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #580056

Stickymayhem wrote:

muscle memory clicking on a verb is far quicker than typing into the command line and you know it
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #580058

I do prefer just using the command bar. Auto fill (very fast) and some command bar functions that buttons can't meet (like for vv) are just easier than learning a new layout, again. Since it never changes.

It's like the difference between doing things individually or doing them all at once through sdql.
Hugs
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #580064

I set fit-viewport to manual, set it to 4 columns, leave, rejoin, and I can literally see the menu force itself back to 3 column width.

I think it is something related to widescreen because when i set widescreen off (fit-viewport auto on) then set it back to on it's at the same position aka 3 columns it forced it to when I join.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #580072

Cobby wrote:I set fit-viewport to manual, set it to 4 columns, leave, rejoin, and I can literally see the menu force itself back to 3 column width.

I think it is something related to widescreen because when i set widescreen off (fit-viewport auto on) then set it back to on it's at the same position aka 3 columns it forced it to when I join.
I dont play fullscreen and I've had window size reset on me to the same state for literal years, this is not new.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #580081

i only had to set it once when i was on my older computers though to 4 columns, I know i didnt have to do it every round so it cant be that old.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #580082

Am I the only admin that enjoys not flipping through three tabs to find the verb I need?

The only thing that bugs me is Tickets being the last tab.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #580084

Stickymayhem wrote:

:roll:

that said i agree that the whitespace thing/important verbs being below meme buttons are pretty stupid changes but it sounds like one's a bug and the other would take ten seconds to fix so...
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #580097

oranges wrote:I'm not changing it, now fuck off.
Who asked you to? Looking at the PR Thunder linked, it was made by bobbahbrown and merged by Rohesie. You didn't even comment on it. How is wanting it changed back a slight against you? You've done this with other things as well.
Stickymayhem wrote:
bobbahbrown wrote:update: i got sticky to try fit-viewport and it didnt help! i think it might be based on the browser that BYOND uses to render the panel maybe? there's something weird goin on there
no worries our head coder has already declared this a feature and it will not be changed because he gitpushed his ego to the repo
You have to just try to slip the fix past him and hope he forgets blocking it is interwoven with his ego now. My post will not help. I don't care, though.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580100

cacogen wrote:
Who asked you to? Looking at the PR Thunder linked, it was made by bobbahbrown and merged by Rohesie. You didn't even comment on it. How is wanting it changed back a slight against you? You've done this with other things as well.
to give context on this oranges was the one who asked in adminbus if the PR was okay in the firstplace, so he did have a role in its development in that manner

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #580101

I see. Is it so hard to take feedback on board and update it as a result of that though?
NSFW:

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #580114

dont do it, we dont want stickymayhem to admin ever again
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #580170

the scrolling is fine tho
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #580198

its fine tbh, just make it an option if you have to change it AGAIN
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #580208

just type the commands lol, its way faster than using the menu unless you dont know what the name of what youre doing is
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #580212

cacogen wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
You have to just try to slip the fix past him and hope he forgets blocking it is interwoven with his ego now. My post will not help. I don't care, though.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580226

oranges wrote:
cacogen wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
love you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #580248

How much is the bounty
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #580249

Vekter wrote:How much is the bounty
Sixty bananas. Sixty bucks. Sixty one dollar bills. Sixty pencils to shove up your nose. Sixty. Six times ten. Two times three times ten. Sixty balloons. 60$
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580288

Vekter wrote:How much is the bounty
S I X T Y D O L L A R Y D O O S

but you have to best oranges in the github arena as well
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #580298

Stickymayhem wrote: but you have to best oranges in the github arena as well
that's not how code bounties are handled because its out of the hands of the guy fulfilling the code bounty.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580306

terranaut wrote:
that's not how code bounties are handled because its out of the hands of the guy fulfilling the code bounty.
ITS HOW THIS CODE BOUNTY WORKS AND THE PRICE REFLECTS THE EFFORT

I THOUGHT YOU LIKED CAPITALISM
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580307

Stickymayhem wrote:
terranaut wrote:
ITS HOW THIS CODE BOUNTY WORKS AND THE PRICE REFLECTS THE EFFORT

I THOUGHT YOU LIKED CAPITALISM
code bounty is for code not for pr merge

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #580316

Yeah you work on the code and get paid for that work regardless of whether a maintainer immediately closes it you yuppie
NSFW:

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #580326

Ok, how about 120$ to leave the admin menu as it is?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #580327

BONERMASTER wrote:Ok, how about 120$ to leave the admin menu as it is?
I'll take it, now pay up
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #580349

I'll do it for $115.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580375

i'll do it for $100 they never took my remote away
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #580432

Stickymayhem manually reverts pull request #53947 (2010)
NSFW:

JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #580541

For the love of god please give me back my separated tabs like before 100% agree with sticky the new admin tab is terrible.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #580549

yeah honestly this is gay as fuck for debugging whenever i want to spawn a megafauna i have to scroll to the bottom whereas it was easy as fuck beforehand

also if your screen margins change the tiniest bit you have to re-find the fucking button since it changes position massively whenever the column moves
retired ss13 coderman
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #580581

honestly for debugging i prefer having everything in one place because then i can look around to find what i want to use without becoming lost in the categories like the spawn reagent verb
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #580602

for those of you who are displeased with my change: sorry

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #580604

bobbahbrown wrote:for those of you who are displeased with my change: sorry
help pls