Let me know what you think

[youtube]7KcPNiworbo[/youtube]
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Just finished my latest MW2 gameplay

Post by BONERMASTER » #580420

IS THAT YOU JOHN WAYNE? IS THIS ME??
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #580422

I showed this video while I was hanging out with my friends and it was hilarious
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #580442

Something about the theory that I never really thought about much just hit me. When you look at the statistics for being alive (google says 1 in 10^2,685,000), you don't (or at least I don't) give it much thought/weight because you are alive so what's the point in thinking about it? But like, that's not even right. We (probably) didn't actually win because we're (probably) not actually even alive. We see ourselves as being those who matter but like, we fucking missed out man. We aren't among the tiny minority who won and matter, we're just amongst the sea of losers. Maybe it's a bit of a childish revelation but damn it's kinda a mindfuck.

Never occurred to me before because I always focused on the existential part of the theory, and didn't look past it until now.
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #580445

don't worry about it wesoda, you'll have more fun if you assume it isn't as imulation
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #580456

Simulation hypothesis leads to a contradiction: If a civilization is capable of performing simulations, then it will likely perform many simulations, which implies that we are most likely at the lowest level of simulation (from which point one's impression will be that it is impossible to perform a simulation), which contradicts his assumption that it is easy for us to foresee that advanced civilizations can most likely perform simulations.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge