BYOND account: Mey39
Character name: None
Ban type: TG wide and discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Doxxing a member of the community
Time ban was placed: 2020/11/03 11:09:40
Server you were playing on when banned: None
Round ID in which ban was placed: 149596
Your side of the story: In an attempt to explain why my IC character was never seen around another character they were previously dating, I revealed personal information about the other player in the manuel discord server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I fucked up. I fully understand the mistake that I have made, and I understand why revealing potentially personal information about someone is unacceptable. Me revealing private information was in no way intended to be malicious or to call out the other player, and was purely just to describe the situation to those who were familiar. I am aware that speaking so carelessly is unacceptable and inappropriate, and this is something that will never again happen in the future.

I have left out many details in an attempt to avoid releasing the doxxing content in question. I can go more in detail if needed
References of good conduct: I have taken a few days off from the game to collect my thoughts and cool down. No other server references to speak of.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [CoconutWarrior97] Mey39 - Permabanned for doxxing

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580984

We are very strict when it comes to doxxing individuals within the community.

I am not lifting this ban.
mey39

Post by mey39 » #580996

Right, see you in 6 months then.
mey39

Post by mey39 » #580998

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:We are very strict when it comes to doxxing individuals within the community.

I am not lifting this ban.
With the doxxing content itself being so incredibly minor, with no dangerous or identifying information being shared, and with it being being said without malicious intent, I cannot help but feel that thing decision seems rather extreme.

I imagine this rule is in place to protect people from having incredibly sensitive information released (full names, addresses, etc.). With nothing remotely as serious as that being shared, I feel as this is either a hasty decision, or a misinformed one. Im not saying that punishment is undeserved, but punishment as harsh as a permanent ban across all platforms seems incredibly extreme in context of the actual event in question.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #581028

mey39 wrote:Right, see you in 6 months then.
Since this appeal got rejected, unless the other headmins decide to lift it, you will need to appeal the following year, not in 6 months.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: