Talk about video games here
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

cyberpunk 2077

Post by Stickymayhem » #582538

this is the cyberpunk thread

looks alright

i like the music, run the jewels is cool
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: cyberpunk 2077

Post by Misdoubtful » #582565

Certainly overhyped, still getting it just not expecting anything amazing.

I'm expecting the same level of bugs and exploits that Witcher 3 had. I still remember the cow killing exploit at the beginning of it that got patched with a murder boss.
Hugs
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #582568

Bad game probly
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #582576

CD Projekt Red is overrated, although they make piracy super easy so props to them
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #582577

fallout clone
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #582583

Seems like a GTA clone to me. They even have that first person perspective thing that GTA invented

Also I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and an extremely rewarding RPG (I know that they redefined its genre in their Twitter bio no one cares loser) experience, on par with one's first time playing V:tM-B or Deus Ex (which is an immersive sim but shut)

It does seem like it'll be buggy as fuck though at least before the hundreds of gigabytes in patches and that the dialogue will be shit. I also hated The Witcher 2 and 3 when I tried them, which may not bode well for this. Hated the gameplay, couldn't care less about the characters, and the much lauded writing was mediocre as fuck and on the level of fan fiction. Still, I'm not going to dismiss this game out of hand just because I didn't like their other ones. The Elder Scrolls is boring and Skyrim is about as immersive as an animatronic waxwork museum but all of Bethesda's Fallouts (bar 76) were great. That includes Fallout 4, although I'm aware that opinion isn't allowed. Also hopefully CDPR's writing has improved overall if not in terms of dialogue.

Also examples of good writing in video games includes but is not limited to: Cultist Simulator, Disco Elysium, The Last of Us (both) and GTA IV
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #582586

cacogen wrote:Seems like a GTA clone to me. They even have that first person perspective thing that GTA invented

Also I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and an extremely rewarding RPG (I know that they redefined its genre in their Twitter bio no one cares loser) experience, on par with one's first time playing V:tM-B or Deus Ex (which is an immersive sim but shut)

It does seem like it'll be buggy as fuck though at least before the hundreds of gigabytes in patches and that the dialogue will be shit. I also hated The Witcher 2 and 3 when I tried them, which may not bode well for this. Hated the gameplay, couldn't care less about the characters, and the much lauded writing was mediocre as fuck and on the level of fan fiction. Still, I'm not going to dismiss this game out of hand just because I didn't like their other ones. The Elder Scrolls is boring and Skyrim is about as immersive as an animatronic waxwork museum but all of Bethesda's Fallouts (bar 76) were great. That includes Fallout 4, although I'm aware that opinion isn't allowed. Also hopefully CDPR's writing has improved overall if not in terms of dialogue.

Also examples of good writing in video games includes but is not limited to: Cultist Simulator, Disco Elysium, The Last of Us (both) and GTA IV
wow this is so many bad opinions it's impenetrable

i mean it's all subjective nothing wrong with liking what you like but you like all the wrong stuff

again enjoy what you enjoy it's all super cool you do you

but its wrong its all so so wrong
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #582591

i think it'll be a good game it doesn't need to be more than that

the reviews seem satisfied that it's a good rpg, I like the vibe, and im already into like half the artists they brought on for the score
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #582592

Stickymayhem wrote:wow this is so many bad opinions it's impenetrable

i mean it's all subjective nothing wrong with liking what you like but you like all the wrong stuff

again enjoy what you enjoy it's all super cool you do you

but its wrong its all wrong
This is incorrect. I strongly believe my taste is both better informed and better reasoned than yours and most plebs'. There is not a single opinion there (aside from the first paragraph, which is a joke) that I am uncertain about and for you to disagree with even one of them cements the fact you do not know what you are talking about.
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #582614

I found it somewhat funny that the game based around (at least from my perspective) "humanity is a slave to money and consumerism and this is bad" is followed by so many "WOW MY GAME GOT DELAYED FUCKKKK" and "I BASED MY LIFE AND FINANCES AROUND THIS GAME!!!" people. Bonus points from the guy going "BRO can we have like a full sex simulator with positions and everything???" on twitter.

I'll wait for it to come out before judging if it's any good or not. I couldn't get into witcher 3 even though I liked the first 2. Whether or not I like the theme will probably be based around how much I hate/like the range of characters you can create.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #582619

anything hyped this much is never good
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #582630

Seems like it is... Just fine. Probably one of the better big budget games
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #582636

pillz has to help me build new computer first
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #582642

I think it'll be like the witcher 3 which I did bounce off a couple times but if you put 6 hours into it then you'll be hooked and it's great
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #582662

from gameplay i've seen it looks like a more fleshed out mankind divided but without the dumb "FUCK BLACK PEOPLE AUGS" plot that made no sense
i just hope the level design is as good as deus ex and maybe i'll pick it up
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #582677

They put it on GOG for reasons nobody understands so day 1 pirate. If it's good though I will buy, which is how it works.
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #582716

cacogen wrote:They put it on GOG for reasons nobody understands so day 1 pirate. If it's good though I will buy, which is how it works.
they got paid by pirates and third worlders to do it, common marketing tactic
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #582726

unironically looks like a bethesda game
also no games except except yakuza that rely on celebrity cameos ever turn out well
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #582798

it looks like shit on consoles

https://streamable.com/mpbiy7

and the gunplay reeks of bordelands
whoever expected deus ex will be disappointed
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #582803

Lumbermancer wrote:it looks like shit on consoles

Lmfao, part of me is hoping that IS the gameplay just to watch a repeat of the meltdown following Trump winning 2016. Except neckbeards instead of legbeards.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #582820

holy shit
that looks legitimately fucking terrible
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #582821

cacogen wrote:They put it on GOG for reasons nobody understands so day 1 pirate. If it's good though I will buy, which is how it works.
CDprojekts publisher owns GOG or something so they don't have to give a 30% cut to steam

people with money will buy it I don't think that'll be an issue for them
protocopy
Byond Username: Regie

Post by protocopy » #582825

Lumbermancer wrote:it looks like shit on consoles

it got removed
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #582916

I think what I posted was from Xbox One S, that's why it looked like shit. On other stuff it looks slightly better, but apparently the leaked version (pre day one patch) is buggy as fucking fuck. Just go to /v/ it's all the rage right now.

https://i.imgur.com/lPiHw0B.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/rHNukZG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7zM2p6Z.mp4
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #582981

/v/ cares more about drama than games nowadays. They've wanted this to fail for years, so they're focused on the negatives. I do expect that's it going to be buggy as fuck though. But I'll reserve further judgement until I play it myself. I'll try to take notes as I play so I can describe my first impressions here.
NSFW:

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #583016

yeah the buggy shitshow seems inevitable but at least bugs can be fixed

Witcher 3 was a similar situation I just hope it's not so bad that I end up putting off playing it for several more months
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583068

Gunplay looks kinda awful at first glance honestly.

I wasn't quite expecting spartan metro.

But I certainly didn't expect gears of war "empty half a magazine into something's torso and it's still walking about and shooting at you". And at least there it was more of a "use the chainsaw/sniper/torque/shotty/bayonet for more drastic damage" and the enemies were all leather monsters.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583170

It comes out in an hour apparently.

Let us know if it's any good
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583209

cacogen wrote:/v/ cares more about drama than games nowadays. They've wanted this to fail for years, so they're focused on the negatives. I do expect that's it going to be buggy as fuck though. But I'll reserve further judgement until I play it myself. I'll try to take notes as I play so I can describe my first impressions here.
I stopped going to /v/ YEARS ago. that place is a festering shithole full of dentheads that literally hate the games they play

go to /vg/ a circlejerk is better than autistic rantings about how something sucks
remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #583210

/vg/ is worse because it's filled with actual psychopaths and schizos
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583212

less than this place
remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #583220

/xivg/ on /vg/ is a nexus of mental illness
they once linked the discord in the OP pasta and some weirdo cut 'REMOVE THE DISCORD FROM THE OP' into their arm
then someone posted their au ra with a quote that read "This crime shall not go unpunished." - <character name i forget>
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #583226

cacogen wrote:/v/ cares more about drama than games nowadays. They've wanted this to fail for years, so they're focused on the negatives. I do expect that's it going to be buggy as fuck though. But I'll reserve further judgement until I play it myself. I'll try to take notes as I play so I can describe my first impressions here.
the /v/ threads maybe 2 or 3 years ago were pretty swell actually, plenty of speculation and discussion about potential features that CDPR had teased. while i am 100% certain that most of the shitposting lately has been an anti-hype train and complaints about cut content are now just copypasted for (You)s, those complaints did start out as genuine on there, like it's kind of a bummer how many different unique playstyle roles they cut from the original concept
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #583234

It's a really good game. Buy it or don't. I'll still be over here having fun playing it.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #583237

wish my cheap ass dell laptop could run it >:(

til then ill just spend the money on drugs
[this space reserved]
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #583246

i played for three hours tonight and I'm really enjoying it so far, very pretty and I've only seen a couple of minor bugs, visual and nothing gamebreaking.

really nice game so far

game on,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #583249

OH NO NO NO NO
CYBERBROS... WE GOT TOO COCKY...
also imgur has 30 second long ads now
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583254

im a little bit into it now. really hard on the graphics card

my cyberpunk goth mommy is gorgeous
something feels off about her though, I think I made her penis too big
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #583260

I'll wait until its patched and stabilized tbh
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #583261

Kendrickorium wrote:im a little bit into it now. really hard on the graphics card

my cyberpunk goth mommy is gorgeous
something feels off about her though, I think I made her penis too big
There's some weird performance shit like cascade shadow resolution that dumpsters fps

also make sure you're using dlss 2.0 if you got it it's free FPS
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583291

I was pirating it but it was going to take forever so I just bought it for 100 oranges. Downloading much faster.
NSFW:

thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #583292

Yeah lol no amount of seeders will be able to handle the cyberpunk tide kek
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583295

I was using JDownloader and gog-games.com which uses split archives and file hosting sites but it was slow and needy
NSFW:

lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #583302

I saw a fat black woman t-posing within the first hour of gameplay.

I like the game though. Had to turn my graphics settings down to medium for the first time with this card.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #583303

I don't see my pp when looking down in first person view, it has underwear on even though photo mode and mirrors show the dong correctly.
unpayable
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583345

Damn this thing just punishes my cooling.

Just OPENING the fucking game throws my temp up by 35 degrees Celsius holy fuck it's just a menu
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583354

lntigracy wrote:I saw a fat black woman t-posing within the first hour of gameplay.
Yeah people walk through staircases and things of this nature but I've encountered nothing gamebreaking.

Here is my /v/ posing alongside Bono (I know this immediately becomes a dick measuring contest but note that I'm early in the game and am wearing clothes I took out of the pockets of dead people):
Spoiler:
Also an interesting thing about the game is that there are child pedestrians but they disappear when using photo mode
NSFW:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583390

get on a private torrent site you scrubs i had this downloaded inside of 3 hours
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583400

I'm surprised other people haven't posted screenshots. I've taken a couple more but I don't want to kill the thread. The game's art design and attention to detail is incredible. It puts GTA V to shame and makes me wonder where all that money went. That game has a handful of tiny interiors with copy pasted assets everywhere while every environment in this game feels distinct and cinematic and the game is filled with interiors.
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #583428

cacogen wrote:I'm surprised other people haven't posted screenshots. I've taken a couple more but I don't want to kill the thread. The game's art design and attention to detail is incredible. It puts GTA V to shame and makes me wonder where all that money went. That game has a handful of tiny interiors with copy pasted assets everywhere while every environment in this game feels distinct and cinematic and the game is filled with interiors.
in 8 years you have enough time to think about art details