cyberpunk 2077

Talk about video games here
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: cyberpunk 2077

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #583428

Bottom post of the previous page:

cacogen wrote:I'm surprised other people haven't posted screenshots. I've taken a couple more but I don't want to kill the thread. The game's art design and attention to detail is incredible. It puts GTA V to shame and makes me wonder where all that money went. That game has a handful of tiny interiors with copy pasted assets everywhere while every environment in this game feels distinct and cinematic and the game is filled with interiors.
in 8 years you have enough time to think about art details
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583432

Just play the game.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #583440

We really should add these spiffy uniforms to sec
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #583457

that is hideous but i do think it is weird that we dont have that hat in ss13
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #583464

wow when did they decide to make saints row 5, and in first person no less
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #583465

when it works it's exactly what i wanted from it
shame it's plagued by technical problems
whatever, i got my open world deus ex, i'm happy
the balance is a little off and even on very hard playing stealthy is just me being inefficient
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #583468

PKPenguin321 wrote:that is hideous but i do think it is weird that we dont have that hat in ss13
We do, the space cops have them
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583469

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:that is hideous but i do think it is weird that we dont have that hat in ss13
Isn't that a warden hat only I forget
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583480

iksyp wrote:when it works it's exactly what i wanted from it
shame it's plagued by technical problems
whatever, i got my open world deus ex, i'm happy
the balance is a little off and even on very hard playing stealthy is just me being inefficient
lotta people saying its not open world and that the stealth system sucks
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #583483

wesoda25 wrote:wish my cheap ass dell laptop could run it >:(

til then ill just spend the money on drugs
Ge force now
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583485

The stealth system does suck but then so do bullet sponge enemies and spamming X (use health hypo on PC) not to die. Still, I'm enjoying it in spite of its flaws.

Here is some kino Deakins and I put together (the eclectic dress is a reflection of the armour system which is pants on head retarded and not my sense of taste):
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NSFW:

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #583492

I guess DLCs will add good armor that doesn't look horrible just like they did with the witcher 3
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583498

I've come across some nice clothes but I'm wearing the items with the highest armour ratings. Often these things look worse than the alternatives, don't work together and look weaker than stuff with lower armour ratings (e.g. basketball shorts vs. military pants).
NSFW:

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #583507

Armhulen wrote:
did you delete wardens cap?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #583509

Lumbermancer wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
did you delete wardens cap?
naw
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #583514

then it's already in ss13 I think

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #583521

Kendrickorium wrote:lotta people saying its not open world
this is objectively wrong what
Kendrickorium wrote:and that the stealth system sucks
it does and i'm considering just playing a spellsword instead of sneaky man using reboot optics every 10 seconds
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583682

Okay idk what happened but I can actually play it on high without my rig immediately descending into heat death.

Seems okay so far even if I'm constantly getting out of my chair to check the mobo CPU thermometer.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583694

Mine is like bad framerate especially while driving or in crowds regardless of setting but overall ok for a janky bugridden mess with terrible combat AI and mediocre writing and voice acting. I am enjoying it in little doses each day though.
NSFW:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583705

cacogen wrote:Mine is like bad framerate especially while driving or in crowds regardless of setting but overall ok for a janky bugridden mess with terrible combat AI and mediocre writing and voice acting. I am enjoying it in little doses each day though.
complete same. the guide on the steam forums for peeps with a 1060 has it all buttery smooth looking pretty nice. I also really enjoyed that the first commercial I saw featured a black man and a white woman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583707

I have a 107(7) and I may look into that. I couldn't imagine caring about the promotion of interracial pairings in modern media.

Now for more screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583709

Yeah I have an aorus 2080 with the waterblock on it so I was fucking amazed that it was having this much trouble.

I could play vermintide on basically max settings and at its hottest was comparable to the main menu of cyberpunk.

Now it still gets hot (I think I spotted it reaching 88 celsius) but it hasn't gone into thermal shutdown. I'm going to add a little under 1.5 times the radiator setup after I come home from Christmas holiday.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #583937

What an absolute joke

No real open world mechanics, Grand Theft Auto V was released a year after Cyberpunk was announced and has/had better NPC mechanics, driving mechanics, more open world activities such as golfing etc.

First hour spoiler:
Spoiler:
Literally compressed six months of promised gameplay into a 2 minute montage.
The bugs can be fixed but at its core the game has basically none of what CDPR promised. I plan on waiting a couple months to play the story so the bugs can get ironed out but I have low expectations for them to flesh out the parts they promised.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #583938

BeeSting12 wrote:What an absolute joke

No real open world mechanics, Grand Theft Auto V was released a year after Cyberpunk was announced and has/had better NPC mechanics, driving mechanics, more open world activities such as golfing etc.

First hour spoiler:
Spoiler:
Literally compressed six months of promised gameplay into a 2 minute montage.
The bugs can be fixed but at its core the game has basically none of what CDPR promised. I plan on waiting a couple months to play the story so the bugs can get ironed out but I have low expectations for them to flesh out the parts they promised.
>game came out like this
>in august last year this is what they were working on
https://wccftech.com/cdpr-cyberpunk-207 ... stigation/
managers? MANAGERS?? THE DELAYS?
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #584057

cyberpunk has a getting laid speedrun that took 2 hours
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584068

This game is hard because if you don't shoot the enemies in the head with your sniper rifle for 5000 damage killing them instantly they'll kill you in two seconds unless you're in cover or spam X enough to outheal their damage. That may sound like a video game to you but it means you're either cheesing enemies effortlessly, hiding in cover, spamming X to heal or getting cut down almost immediately. It makes combat feel broken and based on exploiting game mechanics rather than skill. I think you should do less damage (especially with sniper headshots), enemies should do less damage (so the combat doesn't revolve around exploiting the bad AI or hiding in cover to avoid damage) and healing items should be less plentiful or not stack effect or something so damage can't just be undone by spamming X.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584073

cacogen wrote:This game is hard because if you don't shoot the enemies in the head with your sniper rifle for 5000 damage killing them instantly they'll kill you in two seconds unless you're in cover or spam X enough to outheal their damage. That may sound like a video game to you but it means you're either cheesing enemies effortlessly, hiding in cover, spamming X to heal or getting cut down almost immediately. It makes combat feel broken and based on exploiting game mechanics rather than skill. I think you should do less damage (especially with sniper headshots), enemies should do less damage (so the combat doesn't revolve around exploiting the bad AI or hiding in cover to avoid damage) and healing items should be less plentiful or not stack effect or something so damage can't just be undone by spamming X.
I maxed out cold blood, cool, and reflexes, so now I just run in and cut everyone in half with my katana and take like 5 damage while getting insane boosts that allow me to naruto run to the next crime and end their lives, too. The only weakness to this build so far has been that robots fucking explode when they die so I have to distance a bit before I end them. Having a really great time. Also smart guns are neat, try getting Divided We Stand from a shooting contest with the 6th street gang, it does fucking poison damage, I also maxed stealth so I do double poison damage, it shoots over cover and around corners, it has very strong "you are already dead" energy.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584080

I need to work on my Chinese swordsmanship because you're right that does sound fun and all the armour in the world (I have a trenchcoat with four armadillo mods that's like 350 armour) doesn't seem to mitigate damage if I dare to be out of cover for a couple of seconds. Using melee right now seems highly impractical unless it's 1v1 so the guy can't shoot
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584082

cacogen wrote: Using melee right now seems highly impractical unless it's 1v1 so the guy can't shoot
The thing is that once you're blitzing in with melee suddenly they are the babies trying to hide behind cover. Usually there are like two or three people out in the open that you can take, the rest of them kinda piss their pants and run from you (then the hunt is on). The Scalpel is a nice katana that you get from a quest that's punchline is a shitpost from The Office, I had it downing people in like 3 hits and that was before I started upping reflex. I also got a hold of a legendary skin aug that gives me 200 additional armor so YMMV (having that said my body is 3 and will be getting maxed last), but my main loadout has been a katana and a sniper rifle (charging to shoot through walls is fucking hilarious with the wallhacks they give you, trying to compensate for the charge shake has been enjoyable). I thought that a legendary monowire with maxed Cool would be OP but honestly getting a good katana (I've put like nothing into blades) has outpaced it's DPS.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #584093

how is it that for a game heavily leaning on the concept of modifying yourself, you have more freedom to alter your appearance after being "created" in real life than you do in cyberpunk 2077

letting people get a haircut would have been the bare minimum, how do they not even have that
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #584094

Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584103

Yeah, that guy is genuinely unsettling. In a Buffalo Bill way, not an Anton Chigurh way. Good character design. I did not hit him even after he insulted Judy because I felt his existence was punishment enough.

Also, I have a tanto that does 500 DPS and is better than any of the guns I have but to use it in combat is to die immediately. So for now at least I'm sticking to cover and sniper headshots. I was ignorant of Body perks which I think is where bullet resilience is found.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584134

NoxVS wrote:how is it that for a game heavily leaning on the concept of modifying yourself, you have more freedom to alter your appearance after being "created" in real life than you do in cyberpunk 2077

letting people get a haircut would have been the bare minimum, how do they not even have that
Yeah the lack of magic mirrors is weird, Saints Row got away with plastic surgery clinic chains, you'd think that cyberpunk could pull it off. I can't get new piercings? I can't get a haircut? I can't get my eyes changed???
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #584151

I'm having fun and you can't stop me. I'm also happy to laugh at bugs.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584206

ThanatosRa wrote:I'm having fun and you can't stop me. I'm also happy to laugh at bugs.
this tbh
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #584249

Are ya winnin' fellas?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584251

I got a bad ending but you have to return to the point of no return before the endgame to keep playing so other than losing a couple of hours of progression it's fine.

I should've taken what the characters were saying seriously instead of assuming the game would continue preventing you from fucking up in a meaningful way in order to let you keep playing afterwards.

Now I'm working on the side missions and they're about as numerous as the cars people are trying to sell you. Still have yet to get new arms and legs which I look forward to.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584252

RaveRadbury wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:I'm having fun and you can't stop me. I'm also happy to laugh at bugs.
this tbh
The lack of polish is disappointing and ruins the immersion (and some of the environments are incredibly immersive) but it's undeniably fun and I hope they don't half-ass the bug fixing because there's a ton of them. It's obvious they were careful to fix all the game breaking ones before release because it never soft locks or crashes in spite of being a mess.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584266

cacogen wrote:it never soft locks or crashes in spite of being a mess.
It actually crashes on me here and there, but I don't mind as it hasn't corrupted my save or anything. I'm actually still really worried that it will soft lock on me in like a New Vegas way that makes the save file irrecoverable, but that's just PTSD I guess.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584283

Luckily when playing NV in 2010 I never experienced that. What I meant though was that if the lack of gamebreaking bugs is any indication they'll be able to get rid of most of the remaining ones. I read in an announcement of theirs that they're releasing patches in January and February.

Also Grimes (Lizzy Wizzy) can't act for shit and like Keanu is further evidence that people should be given roles based on ability and not name recognition. The guy who plays V consistently acts circles around him and he has so much more dialogue in the game. Next playthrough I'll do the girl propably. Doing this in Prey is interesting because the deliveries inevitably end up different which adds a different dimension to the character.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584285

cacogen wrote:keanu man bad
The guy fucking did The Matrix and more importantly Johnny Mnemonic which was an adaptation of a William Gibson original story of the same name. That means he played the protag of a story penned by the father of the entire concept of cyberpunk. This isn't a matter of "oh yeah what's a cool name we could attach this to", it's a matter of "Who's done real legit cyberpunk shit this entire time". Having said that I get that people like to criticize Keanu's acting, but at the end of the day the guy's an introvert who plays introverts, so if you're looking for a high-stimulus dynamic actor he's not going to deliver. There are other people you can get that from. Even in John Wick he's really reserved, it's a matter of taste, the guy is never going to be Jim Carrey.

This is along the same line as people criticizing cyberpsychosis as a rip off of deus ex. Fucking deus ex ripped off cyberpunk like jfc this is a return to form.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584288

He was also in the rotoscoped meme movie A Scanner Darkly based off the Phillip K. Dick novel which is a book I've actually read. Couldn't act there either. Ryan Gosling plays introverts without sounding like he's reading off a piece of paper. I'm sure there's better examples of notable introverted actors. I don't think Daniel Day-Lewis is particularly outgoing. Johnny Silverhands isn't introverted anyway so if you're suggesting he was miscast you may be onto something. But I don't think Keanu Reeves has given a good performance in his life. For a particularly bad one, see The Neon Demon. Real Lolita shit.

I've only taken down one cyberpsycho and he had PTSD and had been recently fired and evicted and couldn't afford his medication because he'd lost his health insurance with his job. Lead me to believe cyberpsychosis had nothing to do with cyberware and was just existing mental health problems resulting in violence facilitated by it. Is that wrong? There was some debate about the real meaning of it in the game. Also I finished Human Revolution in 2011 and I have very little recollection of what happens there. You get the fix for a glitch with your augmentations at a LIMB clinic and during a future boss fight it enables them to be switched off? Either way, accusing Cyberpunk of ripping off well-worn sci-fi tropes from a game that came out 9 years ago sounds like the usual 4chan arrogance and ignorance.
Last edited by cacogen on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584290

They keep putting him in movies, so someone likes what he's doing. :?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584291

They keep making Marvel movies, too. The fact his acting ability is even up for debate tells you all you need to know about the average person's ability to tell good from bad. The appeal of his films and of him isn't his acting, anyway.
NSFW:

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #584301

I heard in-game news mention the Padanian Government fighting looters in Venice. Neat
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584395

Despite a lot of the dialogue being cringe the writing feels well-researched.
Spoiler:
NSFW:

Megarop
Byond Username: Megarop

Post by Megarop » #584420

cacogen wrote:Despite a lot of the dialogue being cringe
the game has a "the cake is a lie" joke
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584421

Megarop wrote:
cacogen wrote:Despite a lot of the dialogue being cringe
the game has a "the cake is a lie" joke
It's literally a bunch of GladOs lines, directly ripped (maybe also fresh recordings?).

Also there's a quest that ends with a "The Office" shitpost. (the one you get the katana from (number one brain surgeon in Japan))
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584437

RaveRadbury wrote:maybe also fresh recordings?
Yeah, I wondered that myself. A lot of the lines I recognised but a couple were unfamiliar and seemed too specific to the situation not to be new.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #585684

Spoiler:
I finally got gorilla arms back before Christmas (no high jump legs yet, saving up for perk point refund) but I never use them because running around out of cover in combat is a great way to die immediately. Presumably if I'd bought perks ahead of time with melee in mind to soak the damage I'd be okay. But right now even wearing my most autistic-looking min-max ensemble (which you can view above, where it somehow works) I find myself stuck using cover in every shootout while having to resort to using my overpowered sniper rifle because any cool-looking weapon I pick up does barely any damage to the bullet sponge enemies which draws combat out needlessly and makes me more likely to die from their huge damage output.

The sheer amount of equipment and weaponry in the game is breathtaking. The guns are all beautifully designed and animated which in any other game would make picking up new ones and trying them incredibly fun. But the DPS system they've implemented renders everything but the sniper rifle Panam gave me (and the same could be said by the sniper rifle I had beforehand) a peashooter. I can literally just quickscope enemies for a one hit kill in the form of a 10000 damage headshot while the sleek weapons I've been picking up since the game started that I desperately want to play around with are rendered useless and a great way to get killed. An arbitrary analogy would be that it'd be like playing Half-Life 2 only to find that the crowbar (melee weapons in this game are overpowered but obviously you have to expose yourself to enemies to use them) and the crossbow are the only weapons feasible for combat and the rest are essentially decorative for when you feel like shooting at the environment or for when you want to make combat overly challenging.

I'm pretty sure New Vegas showed you can have an FPS ARPG without reducing the guns to either staplers or anti-aircraft guns. I remember people complained about the sponginess of enemies in Fallout 3 (which I personally didn't have a problem with, at least not then in 2008) where you could unload 30 rounds from your 10mm SMG directly into a travelling caravan guard's face without killing him. I seem to recall this being dialled back in NV.

Another other problem with Cyberpunk is that enemy damage output makes them wrecking balls if you aren't hiding in cover desperately sucking on your inhaler. Or so this has been my experience with some great armour. Going to reroll my perks to better suit my desired playstyle when I can though. Maybe that will fix it.
NSFW:

Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #586179

Crying while searching through Jackie's garage...

am full netrunner build, will repsec to shock crit build soon, but contagion spread and popping cheap overheats and charges is fun for now
pfp by AspEv