General SS13 Chat
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: fuck coders

Post by Kendrickorium » #583549

Bottom post of the previous page:

actioninja wrote:
terranaut wrote:virtue signaling
This may be difficult for you to comprehend, but some people do things because they believe it to be the right thing to do and not as any kind of performative display.
yes, I too, am also extremely impressed that said coder used his amazing coder powers on /tg/ to do this righteously amazing act of changing a well known national holiday into something only the most rabid of insane leftists want.

truly brave, and with much stunning.

while this act has enlightened me to the horrors of columbus, i'd still like to know what other amazing contributions this light-of-the-left (dont say snowflake dont say snowflake) snowflake has done for this server

it's a simple question
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #583565

Kendrickorium wrote: yes, I too, am also extremely impressed that said coder used his amazing coder powers on /tg/ to do this righteously amazing act of changing a well known national holiday into something only the most rabid of insane leftists want.

truly brave, and with much stunning.

while this act has enlightened me to the horrors of columbus, i'd still like to know what other amazing contributions this light-of-the-left (dont say snowflake dont say snowflake) snowflake has done for this server

it's a simple question
They've helped with refactor work (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/55207) as well as helped with a lot of fixes and investigations while not being the actual one to actually write the code.
It's telling that you immediately assume such a minor change to be from "the most rabid of insane leftists." This may be difficult for you to comprehend, but some people do things because they believe them to be the right thing to do instead of as a performative act.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583567

one last question, how long have you two been dating for?
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #583569

fuck jannies
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #583570

Coming straight from the underground
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #583571

[youtube]sGGzmKPimq8[/youtube]
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583583

actioninja wrote:
This may be difficult for you to comprehend, but some people do things because they believe it to be the right thing to do and not as any kind of performative display.
i pity someone who thinks that changing the name of a holiday in this game is important enough to do for its own merit
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #583587

Where were you guys during the gender neutral pr??

This one isn’t bad at all. Our codebase makes a point to not be biased towards any one country at all, you can see this by the refusal to formally accept british or American wording, and insta closing any prs that try and change what is established for any one word. Thats not a “woke” stance, and neither is this. In any case he’s the one who added colombus day in the first day so who cares
[this space reserved]
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #583599

He woke up and changed his unforgivable mistake of naming Columbus day Columbus day
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #583606

Race is not important, but some races are more important than the others. Columbus is a racist, that's a widely known fact, and it puts in question, is an America that was discovered by a racist still legitimate? I don't think so. I think it would be fair to disband America and give all of it's assets, industry and military to declared NON-racist BONERMASTER for fair distribution, world peace and the end of racism, thank you.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #583612

terranaut wrote:i pity someone who thinks that changing the name of a holiday in this game is important enough to do for its own merit
I'm sure they woke up in a feverish sweat, immediately ran to their computer, and then literally came their pants as they deleted the name "columbus" from the name of it.
Or they were already messing with holiday stuff, noticed it, and changed it. Because it takes literally the same amount of effort if you're already there as replacing a word would in this post.
You've already spent more thought and time typing here than it even took them to change it no doubt.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583614

Attachments
action 'wrong' ninja.jpg
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #583628

Who cares, Columbus day shouldn't have been added in the first place because it's just a minor american holiday.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #583642

add more kiwi holidays
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #583652

[youtube]xuSyfqh0g3k[/youtube]
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #583655

oranges wrote:add more kiwi holidays
If a PR adding Waitangi Day and Anzac Day is created, will it be merged?
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #583672

actioninja wrote:
I believe that the right thing to do was to transform the country I was born in from a slave empire where human sacrifice was not only acceptable but mandatory into the subservient of a slave empire that at least acknowledged that human sacrifice was not a cool thing to do. Small steps, and thus should be held positively in that light. Cristoforo Colombo took the first step into that new world, literally and metaphorically, even though he was scientifically retarded and thought he'd find Indonesia even though all the contemporary astrologers told him he was retarded for doing so. Small steps.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583704

I just can't for the life of me remember the last time I gathered around the table with everyone to eat and give thanks to racism and colonization instead of the blessings of family and all the amazing things we have in our world and lives

thank god for this coder and ninja, for opening my eyes by doing this amazing thing not for virtue signaling or internet points, but because changing a holiday and the history of giving thanks for what one has, and generally attempting to delete american history is THE RIGHT THING TO DO. for the love of god go watch a charlie brown thanksgiving and record your reactions to it so that /tg/ and half the internet can be entertained for a solid day and a half. also you are both probably retarded and insane.

daddy oranges does know best though, so I imagine he keeps you around for a reason
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #583706

im offended cuz injuns scalped my great granny

remove the holiday bigot
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583708

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
I mean yeah if Pol Pot himself called for it what do you think will happen
Spoiler:
[youtube]XOBs6-vTYKc[/youtube]
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #583710

does this guy really think that thanksgiving and columbus day are the same thing
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583711

Yenwodyah wrote:does this guy really think that thanksgiving and columbus day are the same thing
oh fuck me am i drunk

i'm going to leave that unedited to amuse everyone

the part about them being retarded and insane stands though
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583717

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
I hate to like swoop in and cuck you but I did it. I'm not sure if the snarky PR body will survive oranges' wrath though.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #583719

the guy who made the indigenous peoples day pr made unit tests which is more than nearly every feature coder has every done
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #583750

what are unit tests?
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583762

they test specific components or units of software on their own (as opposed to integration tests which test them as a group)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #583870

cacogen wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
I hate to like swoop in and cuck you but I did it. I'm not sure if the snarky PR body will survive oranges' wrath though.
it's merged, nice