Additions to Geladikinesis

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Additions to Geladikinesis

Post by Tohg7. » #586094

I was thinking about additions to what you could make with Geladikinesis, take for example The Snow boulder (costs 25 snow to make), which you can't put in your backpack and can only carry when both hands are free, but when thrown, it deals 40 stamina damage and crumbles into 4 snow blocks on hit and pins players that are knocked down if it lands on them for 10 seconds when thrown, alternatively if you've got enough 80u Ice and 2 snow, you could craft an icicle dagger via The Crafting menu(under misc) which deals 10 brute damage and chills players on hit, but melts and is removed from your inventory if you get put on fire or if you heat it with a lighter/welding-tool/match, ice swords would cost 200u ice to create and would do 15 blunt damage after creation in the crafting menu but can also melt when you're put on fire or heat the ice sword, the ice sword has a 30% chance to deflect bullets and lasers, but also has a 25% chance to shatter if it blocks a bullet or laser, removing the sword from your inventory. On top of all this, you would be able to hide inside snowmen by dragging your sprite into the snowman at the cost of lowering your temperature at a moderate speed and you would also be able to craft snow banks from 10 snow which harmlessly paralyze players that step in them for 5 seconds.

Why i think this would be a welcome addition to the game is because it would give Geladikinesis another use aside from blocking things off although you would have to put in quite a lot of work to be able to fight with geladikinesis.
Last edited by Tohg7. on Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Additions to Geladikinesis

Post by cacogen » #586096

This pointless meme power is the type of useless garbage that pisses me off for some reason so yeah I agree
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #586098

cacogen wrote:This pointless meme power is the type of useless garbage that pisses me off for some reason so yeah I agree
Cacogen, In your opinion, do you think that Snowballs should be stackable up to 50 snowballs and only be able to be thrown one at a time whenever you try to throw the whole stack?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #586099

I have no idea but yes
NSFW:

Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #586101

cacogen wrote:I have no idea but yes
I say we make a petition for coders and spriters to get working on expanding on geladikinesis, what do you say?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #586106

Yes, let's petition them to work for us
NSFW:

Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #586109

cacogen wrote:Yes, let's petition them to work for us
The best thing we can do is go around spreading a petition saying "The TGstation maintainers should expand upon geladikinesis" in the way that was listed on the ideas forum and get as many TGstation players to sign it as possible.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #586111

Tohg7. wrote:
The best thing we can do is go around spreading a petition saying "The TGstation maintainers should expand upon geladikinesis" in the way that was listed on the ideas forum and get as many TGstation players to sign it as possible.
wyci (when you code it)

by which I mean that you either need to learn to code it yourself or find someone who's interested and has the skills to do so. A petition will not go well, I assure you. It's not how things work around here and you won't like the kind of response and reputation that it gets you.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #586116

Tohg7. wrote:
If you use the image from Postal 2 of the postman with the petition it will get 100 signatures. GUARANTEED!
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #586144

Tohg7. wrote:
despite having never met you before i already love you and your optimistic view of the world
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #586150

Where do I sign?
[this space reserved]
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #586154

If you want something done do it yourself, or rise to a position of power and bully someone into doing it for you
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #586156

That said, I think genetics has more fundamental issues then it's powers, and power-creep will be destructive on the overall
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #586255

wesoda25 wrote:Where do I sign?
http://chng.it/TRThGXxD
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #586412

genetics is in a shitshow already i dont want it powercreeped to be comparable to the other more attractive powers for the sake of being comparable to said attractive powers.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #586425

Cobby wrote:genetics is in a shitshow already i dont want it powercreeped to be comparable to the other more attractive powers for the sake of being comparable to said attractive powers.
You just can't stand the power of positive thinking
NSFW:

BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #587594

Last I checked, Genetics has only been getting nerfs since the UI improvement. In any case, powers are dumb and the horrifying cross-breed stuff that would be right up the alley for Genetics are instead more Xenobio/Cytology. At this point Genetics is only useful for Space Adaptation and valid hunting with Mind Reader.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #588525

I think some of these powers are too strong but being able to hide inside a snowman is hilarious and an auto-add
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588552

Well, the change.org petition has failed.
NSFW:

Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #588658

You should be able to cool your drinks so your beer is cold.