[armhulen] techno - banning in flimsy grounds and trying to ruin peoples reputation

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

[armhulen] techno - banning in flimsy grounds and trying to ruin peoples reputation

Post by technokek » #586654

When and where this incident occured:Discord
Discord ID: Techno#7612
Admin: armhulen

Hello,
this is my complaint about the discord administrative actions of armhulen.

armhulen has now banned me from the discord for beeing a creep and keeps labeling me as such with barely any evidence other then me having made 1 very inappropriate joke and a bunch of opinions that are bascially, dont care didnt watch it.

This ban came very suddenly and i suspect Armhulen having some sort of grudge against me since the only interaction i have with him is he kicking me for "talking shit about the Vancouver Canucks" not too long ago.

I cannot recall interacting with him, before that date in any meaningful way or telling him me to stop what i was "doing wrong".

I think the instant perma ban is just uncalled and harsh with no regard to my side or me as a person before labeling me a pedophile and a creep (he said himself that he has read most of my messages since he stated, that i have been always this way) . I consider this a pretty harsh overreaction to a problem that is pretty much not existent.
Last edited by technokek on Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [armhulen] banning in flimsy grounds and trying to ruin peoples reputation

Post by iamgoofball » #586657

Hi, you seem to have omitted your actual ban reason here, which is relevant because you cite the ban in your appeal and your post title

Just making sure it's here in the appeal for everyone to see, since it's relevant information.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: [armhulen] techno - banning in flimsy grounds and trying to ruin peoples reputation

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #586725

I could be wrong, but there aren't temp bans on discord.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [armhulen] techno - banning in flimsy grounds and trying to ruin peoples reputation

Post by bobbahbrown » #586730

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:I could be wrong, but there aren't temp bans on discord.
Discord currently has no platform-supported way to temporarily ban a user. Some servers make use of bots or other means of placing temporary bans.

Best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #586731

I dunno I have done temporary discord bans like when timonk got the one I said I'd lift in however much time so while it is a bit ghetto it's not like it cant work

I'll discuss possibly making it temporary in the ban appeal doe since that's what it's for, as for this complaint uhh no I am not grudging you for talking shit about the Canucks
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #586738

I would like to have the headadmins take a look at this complaint since there is practially nothing to add to this conversation, since i dont belive this ban was made in good faith and there has been no attempt made to at least explain these actions.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #586747

technokek wrote:I would like to have the headadmins take a look at this complaint since there is practially nothing to add to this conversation, since i dont belive this ban was made in good faith and there has been no attempt made to at least explain these actions.
To be fair you started the complaint at 11pm and asked headmins to resolve it at 9 am the next day
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #586754

Alright, this is getting old, so im gonna end it once and for all.

New host ruling: Admin's banning conduct can not be the subject of an admin complaint. That is what appeals are for, and the appeal leading to the ban being overturn is the minimum bar required before a complaint can be filed that references the ban conduct.

You already have an appeal up, headmins know about it. Leave it at that.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)