Localbox
Byond Username: Localbox

[SpookiBoogi] Localbox - Unfair-ish antag ban

Post by Localbox » #587232

BYOND account: Localbox
Character name: Khara Cravens
Ban type: Antag
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason:As a risen thrall, immediately called out their master on comms and admitted to being their thrall. They have agreed that if this behavior continues they will face harsher punishment.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-13 02:46:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 154128
Your side of the story: Got validhunted as heretic the round after i turned heretic on in prefs, i was pretty fucking pissed. Then some dude took me to morgue and thralled me. I was still pretty mad so I called them out. I understand that even though I was mad, it was a stupid thing to do. I do not wish to be unbanned from conversion antags (as is the original purpose of my ban), just to be unbanned from antags that dont include conversion.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban is fair except for the part where i got banned from every antag, instead of just thrall, cult, revs, etc. Again, I only wish for my bans on Traitor, Blood brother, Operative, Changeling, pAI, Xenomorph, Space Dragon, Space Ninja, Blob, Wizard, Malf AI, Heretic, Revenant, Abductor, Families, fuck it, just everything but every conversion antag and thrall.
SpookiBoogie
Byond Username: SpookiBoogi

Re: [SpookiBoogi] Localbox - Unfair-ish antag ban

Post by SpookiBoogie » #587234

Hey, thanks for taking the time to make an appeal!

I understand that you were very upset due to the events of the round, and took that into consideration when handing out the punishment, but in no way does being mad about losing out on an antag round justify breaking the server rules and ruining the round for others. If anything I would expect you to understand how frustrating it is to have your rare antag round ruined, even more so if someone broke server rules to do it.

I will not be altering this antag ban.
Localbox

Post by Localbox » #587235

SpookiBoogie wrote:Hey, thanks for taking the time to make an appeal!

I understand that you were very upset due to the events of the round, and took that into consideration when handing out the punishment, but in no way does being mad about losing out on an antag round justify breaking the server rules and ruining the round for others. If anything I would expect you to understand how frustrating it is to have your rare antag round ruined, even more so if someone broke server rules to do it.

I will not be altering this antag ban.
Is there any way that we could get any other opinions?
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #587236

This was a clear and intentional break of our server rules. SpookiBoogi took the lenient route here where traditionally something like this is treated far harsher.

This is just my opinion though and other admins are still free to post input as you've invited them to.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #587237

Localbox wrote:Is there any way that we could get any other opinions?
Full antag bans for one antag violation are common. Similarly, we do full ghost role bans if someone griefs with golems, as an example. A three day role ban is within standards for incidences like this.

Outing an antag is a pretty intense rule 1 violation.
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #587238

Is there any way that we could get any other opinions?
I've dealt with many of Localboxes' ahelps and I believe they very much should know better through experience with being ahelped far too many times. I've also seen this behavior before from them. Localbox consistently shows bad faith in regards to interacting with other players, and I do not believe this ban should be lifted.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #587239

There is similarity which may present precedent for this ban under previous policy discussions wherein the current administration has no interest in roleplay-level-specific or server-specific bans.

By banning a player from one antag type you are presenting a limitation more than a punishment, and it may not serve as an appropriate deterrent to further rule violations. (I believe this is the same argument made against those bans mentioned above) Especially in the case of such a short ban.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Localbox

Post by Localbox » #587244

bobbahbrown wrote:There is similarity which may present precedent for this ban under previous policy discussions wherein the current administration has no interest in roleplay-level-specific or server-specific bans.

By banning a player from one antag type you are presenting a limitation more than a punishment, and it may not serve as an appropriate deterrent to further rule violations. (I believe this is the same argument made against those bans mentioned above) Especially in the case of such a short ban.
Oh, well then, why didnt anybody say that earlier? That makes sense, thanks mr bee man
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #587257

Localbox wrote:
bobbahbrown wrote:There is similarity which may present precedent for this ban under previous policy discussions wherein the current administration has no interest in roleplay-level-specific or server-specific bans.

Oh, well then, why didnt anybody say that earlier? That makes sense, thanks mr bee man
I should clarify this is trying to extrapolate what I recall being the current opinion on server-specific or roleplay-level-specific bans to relate to your ban. There is no existing hard definition, as far as I am aware, of a case like yours.

Furthermore I cannot find a specific policy thread relating to what I brought up, which confuses me as I thought this was a official stance of the current administration. I was only able to find a candidate debate thread. To this extent you may wish to discard my statement entirely.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #587280

I believe you may be commenting on one argument for not having Manuel only bans, as opposed to the actual policy for not having Manuel only bans.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #587312

Antag bans will typically come with bans to either all antags or, in the case that you screw over a specific team (Cult, Revs, etc.), a ban from all team antags. This is pretty well within what'd be expected.

It sounds like Localbox understands what is going on, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this. DM me here or on Discord if you need it unlocked.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you