AA Ban Appeal legume

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

AA Ban Appeal legume

Post by terranaut » #587246

Last edited by terranaut on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: AA Ban Appeal

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #587249

wait giving AA is self antag outside manuel?

bruh rip
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #587262

It used to be really hard to keep track of because you'd have to dig through hrefs and stuff, but now it's all logged. Expect more enforcement of this, because it's easier to track and enforce now.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #587263

If giving the clown access to high-risk areas is self-antag, then lock me up and throw away the key.

Mediphious is still stupid for repeatedly lying though.
► Show Spoiler
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #587270

Every single low pop round has AA given out to everyone.

And here I thought I did shit takes.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #587317

RaveRadbury wrote:It used to be really hard to keep track of because you'd have to dig through hrefs and stuff, but now it's all logged. Expect more enforcement of this, because it's easier to track and enforce now.
which rule exactly does this break
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587319

giving aa to clown and mime is week ban, yep we caught lshoe everyone
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #587320

terranaut wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:It used to be really hard to keep track of because you'd have to dig through hrefs and stuff, but now it's all logged. Expect more enforcement of this, because it's easier to track and enforce now.
i dont remember it breaking a single rule at all
only qualm with it is that it fucks over rounds0
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587321

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/154175 low pop round with no heads outside hop and no sec
by logs only people getting aa is clown, mime, and engi giving it to himself and the wizard doing it to himself in hop office probably after killing the acting captain hop
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #587325

Did they let another manuelmin out of their pen?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #587328

terranaut wrote:
RP rule 23 precedent 800-588-2300: While playing as a command role, you must be an asshole at all times, otherwise it's FailRP.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #587330

if giving the clown all access is a sin then i will face god and walk backwards into hell
Fiz Bump
Byond Username: Dennyb

Post by Fiz Bump » #587358

I feel like its in the same vein as growing deathnettles/kudzu as a botanist or making lube as a chemist.
The act itself isn't necessarily banworthy, but you have to be prepared to be 100% responsible for any and all shit that arises as a result.
I play Fiz Bump.
I am not a game admin. My reign of badminnery ended a few years ago.View me feedback here: >:^)
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #587375

Hey there, I noticed you didn't consult the RD before promoting that assistant to scientist. Sorry but that's a week ban from HOP. Please take this time to re-read our rules https://wiki.baystation12.net/Rules
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #587380

chocolate_bickie I think there was a mistake you linked baystations rules instead of ours
[this space reserved]
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #587381

wait
[this space reserved]
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #587391

wesoda25 wrote:wait
where do we get these bluenames? smh
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #587411

Increase his ban for such a blatant lie about misclicking/cargo tech being next to captain in the job list. What a moron.
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #587415

Well technically cap is near cargo tech.
Attachments
cap.jpg
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #587424

This used to be my shtick but people don't respect you if you give them things for free you need to gatekeep them and treat them like they're untrustworthy which they are instead
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587425

This used to be my shtick but people don't respect you if you give them things for free you need to gatekeep them and treat them like they're untrustworthy which they are so I'm glad the coders have cracked down on it by coding solutions to an administrator problem I need to gatekeep it so it dies within a year of me having done it
NSFW:

Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #587426

kopoba wrote:Well technically cap is near cargo tech.
depends on monitor, this is on a 1920x1080 and I didn't resize the window at all Image
(funnily enough the round I joined to take this pic had lowpop with people spreading AA)
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587435

>(funnily enough the round I joined to take this pic had lowpop with people spreading AA)

yes cause its not against the rules to do so
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #587443

This might be more for policy discussion but is this a rule 5.4 ban
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
5.4 abuse of position; as in being deliberately incompetent or malicious in their position is not allowed. Deliberate incompetence or malice can result in warnings or bans, depending on severity. Example would be a chemist constantly abusing the position to make space lube and lubing hallways, they may be warned and then jobbanned if further abuse happens.

If so is an assistant/clown allowed to hand out or steal AA?
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #587452

chocolate_bickie wrote: If so is an assistant/clown allowed to hand out or steal AA?
I think yes :honkman: :head:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #587480

chocolate_bickie wrote:This might be more for policy discussion but is this a rule 5.4 ban
5.4 abuse of position; as in being deliberately incompetent or malicious in their position is not allowed. Deliberate incompetence or malice can result in warnings or bans, depending on severity. Example would be a chemist constantly abusing the position to make space lube and lubing hallways, they may be warned and then jobbanned if further abuse happens.

If so is an assistant/clown allowed to hand out or steal AA?
try it and see what happens, or dont
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #587481

can you please put "peanut" in the title, i keep thinking this is the actual ban appeal thread
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587482

chocolate_bickie wrote:This might be more for policy discussion but is this a rule 5.4 ban
We need server based rules. Which is de facto due to the different server cultures and the existence of Manuel but lubing halls is fun and funny and if you're a serious job simulationist like myself it's a fucking pain in the ass but it should be allowed on a server where you go there expecting it given the code's inability to reconcile different levels of play rather than having the fun police ruin it for everyone.
NSFW:

terranaut

Post by terranaut » #587497

trollbreeder wrote:can you please put "peanut" in the title, i keep thinking this is the actual ban appeal thread
here u go sir
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #587571

cacogen wrote:We need server based rules. Which is de facto due to the different server cultures and the existence of Manuel but lubing halls is fun and funny and if you're a serious job simulationist like myself it's a fucking pain in the ass but it should be allowed on a server where you go there expecting it given the code's inability to reconcile different levels of play rather than having the fun police ruin it for everyone.
From my understanding it is allowed, to a extent. The reason this kind of thing gets written into a rule is because there's a special kind of autistic who thinks "this gimmick was funny once, so maybe it'll be fun every round". Point is there's a difference between the chemist who lubes security hall because he has beef with security over something that happened that round vs. the player who rolls chemist just to lube the security hall every round to fuck with security for no reason. It's hard to reflect this in rules but roughly speaking you can get away with a surprising amount so long as you have a actual cause and effect going on and you're not coming across as a malicious cunt. Most people stumble at that latter part.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Tlaltecuhtli

Re: AA Ban Appeal legume

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587575

no job outside of heads has any enforcement to be played srs, and we have ppl with 10h playing heads and wondering why man kills him after being flashed
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #587585

As with all things AA leaking is fun but the fact that on bagil it happens nearly every single round makes it no longer fun and overdone so on the nth round in a row where AA leaks the hop blatently being shitty at their role should be bannable yes. Same thing with chem, they can lube but really dude that's all you're gonna do as chemist every single time you play?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #587592

Now I will go chemist and lube halls having not done it in years and get in trouble with admins.
NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #587607

finish the AA overhaul
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #587689

oranges wrote:finish the AA overhaul
why is access stored on an ID card's vars anyway rather than datums or something that the id console can change
agent ids would have to be changed to spoof a particular person's access rather than copying the accesses on the card
it'd be interesting to copy someone's ID to get all access then hope you can get your crimes done before someone realises that person is dead and revokes their access

edit: the main thing is you'd need the heads of staff to have some sort of override key they can use to restore their access in case the clown gets hold of the console and demotes the entire crew to assistant
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #587691

what arm said yeah it isnt so bad always, issue is it happens like every single round on bagil and it almost always ruins the round because you have a thousand frothing greytiders with shotguns that will kill you for daring to shove them after they break into your workplace and steal your shit and then an antag loots the armory and everyone dies
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #587697

CoffeeDragon16 wrote:what arm said yeah it isnt so bad always, issue is it happens like every single round on bagil and it almost always ruins the round because you have a thousand frothing greytiders with shotguns that will kill you for daring to shove them after they break into your workplace and steal your shit and then an antag loots the armory and everyone dies
It's bagil. You deserve it.