White-faced Capuchin ban appeal (Spookuni)

Appeals which have been closed.
monkey

White-faced Capuchin ban appeal (Spookuni)

Post by monkey » #587837

BYOND account: White-faced Capuchin
Character name: Forgot/unknown
Ban type: Server/Role Server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:BYOND account:[/
Character name: Unknown
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 148245
Ban reason:Access denied
Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (White-faced capuchin) is banned from
playing here. The ban reason is: Joined Manuel to throw around slurs, before suiciding and disconnecting when
arrested. Given your long note history and blatant breaking of rule eleven, I think you would be best served going
elsewhere. This ban (BanID #50155) was applied by Spookuni on 2020-10-13 22:19:38 during round ID 148245. This
is a permanent ban.
Time ban was placed:[/ 2020-10-13 22:19:38
Your side of the story: I joined Manuel late at night, if I remember correctly, and began throwing around racial slurs and wandering around. I was very much in the wrong, but this was fairly recently after rule eleven was announced. I've been banned for a while now and taken a break from SS13 in general, but I was told by a friend that rule eleven was gone and that I should appeal. I regret what I did, and I want to be unbanned. I tried to appeal once before this, but I was denied.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've taken some time away from SS13 and I want to come back to the server, keeping the new rules in mind to play and hopefully provide a better experience for others in-game.
References of good conduct: I have been playing TerraGov marine corps recently, and I have not been banned or gotten in trouble there so far. This is the only server I have played since I was banned from /tg/.
Last edited by monkey on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: White-faced Capuchin ban appeal

Post by RaveRadbury » #587838

We definitely still have Rule 11
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #587846

It is important to recognize that monkey said the n-word once shortly after joining the round and was in response almost wordlessly stunned, cuffed, beaten to near death, full stripped and put into the execution chamber to be executed a mere ~40 seconds after saying the word.

Only after this arguably rule breaking treatment by the security team did monkey utter the final outburst and commit suicide(while in the process of being executed).

The original ban neglects to disclose these facts despite them being pertinent to judging if monkey was actually being bigoted, or just delivered the final outburst as a "fuck you" in response to gross security malpractice.
monkey

Post by monkey » #587849

RaveRadbury wrote:We definitely still have Rule 11
I think I'm remembering wrong then, but it was definitely something about a rule I had broken in my ban being appealed/removed or altered.
monkey

Post by monkey » #587853

Kryson wrote:It is important to recognize that monkey said the n-word once shortly after joining the round and was in response almost wordlessly stunned, cuffed, beaten to near death, full stripped and put into the execution chamber to be executed a mere ~40 seconds after saying the word.

Only after this arguably rule breaking treatment by the security team did monkey utter the final outburst and commit suicide(while in the process of being executed).

The original ban neglects to disclose these facts despite them being pertinent to judging if monkey was actually being bigoted, or just delivered the final outburst as a "fuck you" in response to gross security malpractice.
Like I kind-of mentioned, I don't remember my ban almost at all. I just remember trying to connect later and being permabanned, though I'm sure I did not mean to be bigoted or mean-spirited towards any other crewmembers. Again, I still think I was in the wrong, but if this is the case, I don't think it was entirely my fault.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #587864

Please edit your post to include the name of the banning admin in the title.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
monkey

Post by monkey » #587865

Timberpoes wrote:Please edit your post to include the name of the banning admin in the title.
Done, sorry.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: White-faced Capuchin ban appeal (Spookuni)

Post by spookuni » #587886

Hello again

I would like to clarify that your ban was escalated to a perma based off your substantial note and ban history, and the fact that that you were on a last warning for habitual rule breaking.

There has to the best of my knowledge been no reversing of course surrounding rule eleven or a repealing of the rule, and as such the original ban still applies.

Regarding your TGMC activity, Nalzul has given me the connection data for the Ckey White-Faced Capuchin
Spoiler:
First seen:
2021-01-10 05:10:25
2021-01-11 06:03:07
Suffice to say, a single day without incident isn't enough for a useable reference of good behaviour.

Given the lack of good reference, and the short time since this ban was placed, I'll be denying this appeal- the normal window for appealing perma bans is twelve months.

As always, the headmins are free to overturn if I have made an error.